What an idiot.

2017-7-10
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
France

Big idiot, {:4_177:}

because he had his lat and long which reveal his address.

2017-7-10
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What an idiot.. using Litchi instead of the official DJI Go 4.1.3 app.
2017-7-10
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

Is doxxing actually allowed on this forum? You really need to remove this address. not only does it add nothing to this discussion, but you are potentially revealing personal information on this pilot, dumb or not.
2017-7-10
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

And a license plate number towards the end then post it on youtube.  What a bad move.
2017-7-10
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-7-10 19:50
And a license plate number towards the end then post it on youtube.  What a bad move.

Whoever the pilot is, is clearly not very intelligent. That is highly dangerous flying. He has other similar idiotic videos.
2017-7-10
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ephektz Posted at 2017-7-10 19:51
Whoever the pilot is, is clearly not very intelligent. That is highly dangerous flying. He has other similar idiotic videos.

This is the reason we have all these restrictions.
2017-7-10
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
France

ephektz Posted at 2017-7-10 18:59
Is doxxing actually allowed on this forum? You really need to remove this address. not only does it add nothing to this discussion, but you are potentially revealing personal information on this pilot, dumb or not.

I removed the address but when someone post his/her lat/long where anyone can find out his/her address by just plugging in the info is NOT DOXING.

If you are him or if you know him do him a favor and ask him to remove his video and his comment/explanation incriminating himself.

Idiot  {:4_177:} ,
2017-7-10
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-7-10 19:52

Pretty much. I mean, the restrictions are in place to keep people safe. Almost all of the "Oh My God I Crashed My Mavic" threads on here are pilot error, because people don't bother actually learning how to fly responsibly. Taking that into consideration and the ease of access to these machines, it's difficult to argue against the restrictions. You have idiots piloting flying blenders with no sense of safety.
2017-7-10
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-7-10 20:04
I removed the address but when someone post his/her lat/long where anyone can find out his/her address by just plugging in the info is NOT DOXING.

If you are him or if you know him do him a favor and ask him to remove his video and his comment/explanation incriminating himself.

No idea who the toolbag is. I was hoping he would have lat/long on one of his videos where he shows him flying from his house to the mall, but no such luck. This dude needs to be reported to the FAA.
Also, you don't get it at all. That's not how doxxing typically works. You made it text searchable.
2017-7-10
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-7-10 19:50

Not,

what a bad move?

but

WHAT A DUMB MOVE?

and "ephektz" worried about DOXING and this idiot is DOXING himself!

2017-7-10
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-7-10 20:10
Not,

what a bad move?

You just don't get it at all. You have zero understanding on what is involved to follow a trail to dox someone. It's not one source of info; it's multiple breadcrumbs. An address is a pretty big breadcrumb, and if someone were to say, search the address and that pulled, they could likely easily find the dudes address. It likely wouldn't even be related to a video flying a drone. You have no clue of the ramifications of this sort of thing.
2017-7-10
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

ephektz Posted at 2017-7-10 20:06
No idea who the toolbag is. I was hoping he would have lat/long on one of his videos where he shows him flying from his house to the mall, but no such luck. This dude needs to be reported to the FAA.
Also, you don't get it at all. That's not how doxxing typically works. You made it text searchable.

I get it but I guess you don't get it.

First, used general location and NOT his specific home address so it is not doxxing.

Second, you need to have malicious or criminal intent to consider it to be doxxing.

Third, he posted his information, so it is public information, he also had his license plate on video so again it is public information.

Fourth he pointed where he flew from in his comments section etc.???

He can be crowned the KING OF IDIOTS!  

2017-7-10
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Weird how you go to youtube and see same people arguing about the same topic as here...
2017-7-10
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-7-10 21:02
Weird how you go to youtube and see same people arguing about the same topic as here...

The Internet is a small place.
At the end of the day, we are all united in one interest and hobby. Self policing is good.
2017-7-10
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ephektz Posted at 2017-7-10 21:04
The Internet is a small place.
At the end of the day, we are all united in one interest and hobby. Self policing is good.

2017-7-10
Use props
GSI_IRE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121460 ft
Ireland

So many levels of WTAF.....

We all want to be able to fly without limits, I wont say I havent gone above 120m.... but seriously whats to be gained going to that height?? And I know its as a result of sport mode... but to do it while most of the time having a "critical battery" error on screen also!? I wouldnt go 10m never mind 1mile in any direction with a "critical" error regardless if I thought it was genuine or not.

2017-7-10
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

What an idiot... 1700m...
2017-7-10
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

has this fool not heard of google earth ! what an idiot DJI should check all flight logs for stupid altitudes and block the serials
end of the vid a clear face picture and car reg.............he is obviously one sandwich short of a picinic to post that publically..

If the battery popped or a prop broke and that dropped he could have killed someone.
2017-7-11
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

RCNJ Posted at 2017-7-11 01:49
has this fool not heard of google earth ! what an idiot DJI should check all flight logs for stupid altitudes and block the serials
end of the vid a clear face picture and car reg.............he is obviously one sandwich short of a picinic to post that publically..

Well - actually no. The same case as with a car - you could double check the speed versus position and issue tickets based on this. This wouldn't make the world safer. One rather big problem is that a lot of people drive with their eyes on the speed indicator as opposed to the road. That's more dangerous in itself. Yes I know we could argue like this forever - but honestly I don't want to see a world in which your every step is checked against the books, especially given how stupid the legislators are.

If somebody discovers the guy he may be punished as per regulations. So be it. The regulations are not there to enforce safety unfortunately but to keep the muzzle on people. That's not a very comfortable feeling for me to be honest.

Anyhow... cheers! ;-)
2017-7-11
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

rnrnrn Posted at 2017-7-11 02:24
Well - actually no. The same case as with a car - you could double check the speed versus position and issue tickets based on this. This wouldn't make the world safer. One rather big problem is that a lot of people drive with their eyes on the speed indicator as opposed to the road. That's more dangerous in itself. Yes I know we could argue like this forever - but honestly I don't want to see a world in which your every step is checked against the books, especially given how stupid the legislators are.

If somebody discovers the guy he may be punished as per regulations. So be it. The regulations are not there to enforce safety unfortunately but to keep the muzzle on people. That's not a very comfortable feeling for me to be honest.

if a micro glider was at that altitude the guy/women flying it would be dead if that hit into them & they lost control.
there are altitude restrictions for a reason !
2017-7-11
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

RCNJ Posted at 2017-7-11 02:30
if a micro glider was at that altitude the guy/women flying it would be dead if that hit into them & they lost control.
there are altitude restrictions for a reason !

You are correct - if a small craft like that collided with a Mavic they could loose control and would have to deploy the emergency parachutes to reach the ground safely - if the parachutes failed then they could be dead. Very nasty and should not happen but it is also a part of the package and that's why you learn about this during the training and learn about proper landing with a parachute.

Fair enough - I wouldn't want to have the ropes of my sail tangled in a Mavic either but this happen with a bird as well unfortunately. The fixed wind gliders wouldn't even notice. That's the practical side of it.

As said - we could argue like that forever. I just don't like extreme views of any nature too much ;-)
2017-7-11
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-7-10 21:02

I guess that's what you call TROLLING.  
2017-7-11
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Back to the early days of people posting on Youtube how high they can fly their copters. Before FAA starts sending them letters.
2017-7-11
Use props
fans7744acd0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2169731 ft
United Kingdom

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2017-7-10 18:50
What an idiot.. using Litchi instead of the official DJI Go 4.1.3 app.

lots of people use the the Litchi app. i wouldn't though.
2017-7-11
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-7-10 19:52

Then why don't they ban cars?
1) How many people killed by cars per year?
2) How many people killed by drones per year (excluding military drones)?

2017-7-11
Use props
Jason55
New
Canada

Did anyone notice the orb at 9:11 in the video.??
2017-7-11
Use props
digitalintruder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

I was hoping the motors were going to fail when he got a mile up - that would have made it worth watching. Not worth the watch imho.
2017-7-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MARSAN Posted at 2017-7-11 13:02
Then why don't they ban cars?
1) How many people killed by cars per year?
2) How many people killed by drones per year (excluding military drones)?

Figure is 0. 0 is a good figure, if we can avoid it getting to 1 we should do everything we possibly can.
2017-7-11
Use props
itsjustme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

Funny how all the posts are  negative here...sure I agree it was not  smart of him/her to go that high... did anyone wonder how?
Anyways Dji must be filtering the posts here..
2017-7-11
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
Canada

How does he go from 6% battery on the RC to 61% on the RC?
2017-7-11
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
United States

itsjustme Posted at 2017-7-11 14:57
Funny how all the posts are  negative here...sure I agree it was not  smart of him/her to go that high... did anyone wonder how?

There's no need to wonder how. He used different software.
2017-7-11
Use props
djiuser_C9yoU9D
New

Canada

itsjustme Posted at 2017-7-11 14:57

My first post here and dismayed by the person flying this high, it is plain stupid to make a claim achieving this . If it would be in my powers, he would spend a month in jail to ruminate on his action.
We as responsible drone  flyers are on borrowed time with guys like these.
Fly safe all and take care.
2017-7-11
Use props
PolishPorsche
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38796 ft
United States

Litchi has NEVER crashed in 5 months. DJI GO 4 crashes everytime I use it...........Whoever says or thinks Litchi is no good, they have NO CLUE WTF they are talking about......
2017-7-11
Use props
fallsilent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336709 ft
Canada

PolishPorsche Posted at 2017-7-11 17:10
Litchi has NEVER crashed in 5 months. DJI GO 4 crashes everytime I use it...........Whoever says or thinks Litchi is no good, they have NO CLUE WTF they are talking about......

Easy big fella, nobody is carving the Litchi app LOL!! You're missing the point of the thread. Maybe you should start a "How great Litchi app is" thread.

2017-7-11
Use props
itsjustme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

ephektz Posted at 2017-7-11 16:22
There's no need to wonder how. He used different software.

Lol..I think you have no idea...
2017-7-11
Use props
fallsilent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336709 ft
Canada

itsjustme Posted at 2017-7-11 18:26
Lol..I think you have no idea...

Ha! Very true, has no idea.

It is super simple to mod the Mavic firmware on a Mac using the dev profile built into Assistant 2 if you know what values to look for and what parameters to modify. Not recommended though!  
2017-7-11
Use props
Schata
lvl.3
Flight distance : 727641 ft
Germany

How was this idiot able to climb to that height? Does the 500m height limit not apply to third party software?  
I though 500m limit is embedded deep into the firmware.
2017-7-11
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Belgium

Schata Posted at 2017-7-11 23:51
How was this idiot able to climb to that height? Does the 500m height limit not apply to third party software?  
I though 500m limit is embedded deep into the firmware.

He used modified/hacked firmware.

2017-7-12
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Belgium

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-11 14:03
Figure is 0. 0 is a good figure, if we can avoid it getting to 1 we should do everything we possibly can.

I found these statistics:
http://asirt.org/initiatives/inf ... ad-crash-statistics

Apparently we accept this serial killer, this mass murderer called car without blinking, but are oh so horrified by the thought that one of our drones (excluding military drones) could fall out of the sky and hurt someone.

Albert Einstein phrased it like this:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former.
2017-7-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules