Mavic fail and support run around for 2 months
812 3 2017-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans65cd6f72
New
Flight distance : 44150 ft
New Zealand

Here is a run down of the events as I have been falsely informed and accused of crashing my drone.

After having my drone crash into a wall and then into water due to the aircraft dropping in height without me controlling it, this was the sequence of events over nearly 2 months.

1. I was told that the drone crashed due to user error, not a fault of the aircraft. A repair bill was sent to fix the cosmetic damage of the aircraft, nothing internal or to do with the water damage.

2. I questioned the reason for the crash and I noted that the aircraft dropped in height during the flight and subsequently crashed into a wall and then into water due to this drop in height. I was told the aircraft responded to my commands and then crashed as a result of them.

3. I never instructed the aircraft to descend so asked them the analyse the data again. When I heard back I was told the aircraft only dropped in height once it crashed and hit the wall. This was incorrect so I asked them to check again properly.

4. I was able to produce a video of the flight complete with the control input to the side of the video. This clearly showed the aircraft dropping in height and then crashing. I was told "we respectfully disagree", how can you tell from the video that the aircraft drops in height. This confused me off as it is so obvious.

5. I asked for the data that they have been analysing so I can get it peer reviewed by an external source. They then asked (after nearly 2 months) for me to extract the data from the DJI GO app and send it to them to be analysed. This made me question what have they been doing the whole time. I have been with out a drone for 2 months and they haven't even been actually checking the flight data. I ran the log through a programme which told me the drone dropped 2 meters during the last 8 seconds of flight until it hit the wall. Finally I might get a straight answer.

6. I was then told the drone was flown over water which affects the onboard barometer and it was too dark for the VPS to work. It was in the middle of the day, plenty of light. My local DJI dealer said that the barometer measures pressure and is not affected by water. So again I am getting mucked around. All it was stated that the drop in height was with in the specs of what was expectable. For vertical hover height there is a +- 0.3m tolerance. My drone dropped over 1.6m. Also there are DJI promotional videos for Mavics flying over water at about 2 - 3m over the water surface, is this not false advertising if they cannot fly over water?

7. I spoke with online support, they informed me that an engineer noted that there was a technical hardware issue with the drone and that is why it crashed. Can I please get an update regarding when I will get a replacement drone and battery?????

When will I get a proper answer?
2017-7-11
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Looks like Step 7, will solve your main issue,
but as to the craft return/calendar issue, who knows........
2017-7-11
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

For each flight a TXT file is created on your mobile device that contains a fair amount of detail regarding what happened during the flight. If you identify the correct TXT file, upload it using these instructions, and provide a link to the uploaded log in this thread we'll be in a better position to comment and possibly offer help. Otherwise you'll probably just have to accept DJI's decision.
2017-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry for the unpleasant experience about the long time frame. Could you happen to provide the case number firstly? So that I can help to check more details of the data analysis and get you an update. Thanks.
2017-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules