Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How much does dJi repair cost???
2414 3 2017-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KEITH LARD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 165197 ft
United Kingdom

Unfortunetely I crashed my mavic into water recently and after drying it out it just doenst work anymore. Im wondering if its cheaper to send it to DJI for repair rather than buy a new one. Does anyone know how much they charge for a water damaged mavic?
2017-7-11
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Does anyone know how much they charge for a water damaged mavic?

I've seen a few people post the "repair estimates" they received after sending DJI a water-damaged drone, and DJI has consistently quoted approximately the same price as a new Mavic (roughly £800 in this case). That may be because water can damage electronics in subtle ways that aren't immediately obvious, so my guess is that they never really repair a waterlogged Mavic but merely replace it with one believed to have never been submerged.
2017-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry for the crash. The water-damaged drone is hard to be repaired and there are many potential threads existing. So we usually suggest customer to replace it with another one.
Keith, it would be better to replace it with DJI Care Refresh if you have purchased it.
2017-7-11
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

There is a guy who retrieved his submerged drone and placed it in a bag of rice to dry. He has brought it alive. So you can try that and it does not work, go for the replacement route.
2017-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules