12Next >
32166 56 2017-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Donalbain
lvl.2
Flight distance : 208504 ft

Germany

Maybe I'm a bit stupid, but I need some help (again) from the very helpful people of this forum:
I just got the remote (which is sooo much better than the on-screen-buttons! And the sport mode is crazy!) But I had many cases of signal loss, no images when further away than about 70m which is frustrating.

So I wanted to try the OTG-trick where you connect the phone to the RC via cable and drop the Wifi-connection to get a stabler signal. From all sites and videos it looks like you either just plug in the OTG-cable after wifi-connection from phone to RC or you just plug in the cable and then start DJI GO 4 and it will find the device. No more hassle. Neither way works for me.

I have tried two OTG-cables, one is an adapter and one is a direct cable with two micro-USB-male plugs. They work for other stuff (connecting card reader to phone) but not with the RC.

When I first connect via wifi, then plug in the cable and turn off wifi, I loose connection.

When I first connect the cable and then start DJI GO to connect, it never finds my device.

What I noticed: the leds of the RC flash in an irreguar pattern when connected to the phone as if some data transfer is going on. In Android 7.1.2 (LineageOS) there are several settings for the USB-connection (MTP, PTP, just charge, RNDIS (USB-Ethernet), Audio-source and MIDI. I played around with these but there seems to be no change.

Any idea?
2017-7-11
Use props
DGold21
lvl.1
United States

I plug my RC into my Galaxy S8+ first, then turn on the RC...after it boots up, the GO4 app will automatically launch and the RC is connected to the app. Then I turn on the Spark and I'm good to go.
2017-7-11
Use props
Donalbain
lvl.2

Germany

DGold21 Posted at 2017-7-11 08:46
I plug my RC into my Galaxy S8+ first, then turn on the RC...after it boots up, the GO4 app will automatically launch and the RC is connected to the app. Then I turn on the Spark and I'm good to go.

negative. The DJI Go app never starts automatically when I plug the remote in. Instead it looks like the remote thinks it's being recharged and blinks accordingly.
2017-7-11
Use props
bayboy
lvl.1

United States

Donalbain Posted at 2017-7-11 12:02
negative. The DJI Go app never starts automatically when I plug the remote in. Instead it looks like the remote thinks it's being recharged and blinks accordingly.

You will need to unplug the cable from the side of the controller for the full size USB port on the bottom to work.
2017-7-11
Use props
djiuser_3bM5iYx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 158606 ft
United States

Worked for me with no settings changed:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2017-7-11
Use props
Donalbain
lvl.2

Germany

Donalbain Posted at 2017-7-11 12:02

I think it also drains the battery of my phone … hmmm
2017-7-11
Use props
Donalbain
lvl.2

Germany

OK, it's confirmed, I am stupid (at least a bit): I didn't know that the direction of the OTG-cable I use (micro-USB-male to micro-USB-male) is important. I swapped the plugs and now it works!

The one labeled OTG has to go into the RC.

(too bad it's too dark now to check the quality of the connection …)
2017-7-11
Use props
Donalbain
lvl.2

Germany

bayboy Posted at 2017-7-11 12:17
You will need to unplug the cable from the side of the controller for the full size USB port on the bottom to work.

are you talking about the spark remote? There's only a single micro-USB on the bottom …
2017-7-11
Use props
fans853e1a64
New
Flight distance : 10299 ft
United States

I must be REALLY stupid. I've tried connecting the RC via WiFi. Could only get that to work twice. Got the OTG cable and cannot get that to work. I'm using a Samsung s6, fully updated. Fully updated DJI app as well. I've even connected the RC WiFi with the OTG cable plugged in, and the app shows "RC Connected." But when I go to the camera screen on the app, it says, "aircraft disconnected," getting no camera shot on the screen, no connection to the Spark, and I'm getting fast blinking yellow lights on the rear arms of the Spark.

I've spent HOURS trying to solve this issue, and I've been flying for 5 years. Frustrated beyond belief. Can somebody PLEASE help. BTW, I CAN get my phone to control the Spark via WiFi. Heeeeeeelllllppp!

Thanks!
2017-7-11
Use props
Balzer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1070256 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fans853e1a64 Posted at 2017-7-11 19:10
I must be REALLY stupid. I've tried connecting the RC via WiFi. Could only get that to work twice. Got the OTG cable and cannot get that to work. I'm using a Samsung s6, fully updated. Fully updated DJI app as well. I've even connected the RC WiFi with the OTG cable plugged in, and the app shows "RC Connected." But when I go to the camera screen on the app, it says, "aircraft disconnected," getting no camera shot on the screen, no connection to the Spark, and I'm getting fast blinking yellow lights on the rear arms of the Spark.

I've spent HOURS trying to solve this issue, and I've been flying for 5 years. Frustrated beyond belief. Can somebody PLEASE help. BTW, I CAN get my phone to control the Spark via WiFi. Heeeeeeelllllppp!

Got the exact same problem :c
2017-7-12
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans853e1a64 Posted at 2017-7-11 19:10

For starters you'r not stupid.  The entire Spark WIFI functionality sucks.  You will need to reset the WIFI on the Spark in order for your phone to see it as available.
2017-7-12
Use props
Ducked
New
United States

Donalbain Posted at 2017-7-11 13:02
OK, it's confirmed, I am stupid (at least a bit): I didn't know that the direction of the OTG-cable I use (micro-USB-male to micro-USB-male) is important. I swapped the plugs and now it works!

The one labeled OTG has to go into the RC.

I have the same problem with my Moto X and the Spark. I got a right angled OTG cable but the phone won't recognize the Remote Controller when I plug the OTG cable into the phone.

Could you tell me which cable you got and what the difference is with the ends? (since you said you switched ends and it worked) Thanks
2017-7-19
Use props
ecf_08
lvl.1
United States

Ducked Posted at 2017-7-19 08:54
I have the same problem with my Moto X and the Spark. I got a right angled OTG cable but the phone won't recognize the Remote Controller when I plug the OTG cable into the phone.

Could you tell me which cable you got and what the difference is with the ends? (since you said you switched ends and it worked) Thanks

is this issue fixed?
2017-8-6
Use props
djiuser_HbMjMME
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1568 ft
Netherlands

I tried many cabels. Sometimes they worked. But only the original dji cable works perfectly but is to short.  Now i use the ipad instead off the oneplus3. Only problems with my android.
2017-8-6
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

I have the iPhone equivalent of this cable http://amzn.to/2wm6E9o works perfectly no settings changed
2017-8-6
Use props
do fly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 884019 ft
South Korea

If anyone has this problem and use a samsung phone, can you try this?
1. tunrn on the spark and the RC.
2. connect your samsung phone to the RC via OTG cable.
3. go fly and you can see 'no signal'
4. go to phone's display settings
5. change the screen resolution and do 'apply'
6. back to dji go app.

in my case, otg works after doing this.
but I wonder which side has a problem between spark and phone.
2017-9-2
Use props
do fly
lvl.3
South Korea

changing language at the phone setting also works.
2017-9-2
Use props
do fly
lvl.3
South Korea

editing.
between spark and phone
==> between dji go4 app and phone.
2017-9-2
Use props
usera067d54ce5
New
Flight distance : 1375335 ft
Italy

Hi, I have connection problem with otg cable between rc and samsung s6. I also tried with samsung tab s2 but it does not connect.
I tried it with iphone and it works. what could be the android issue with otg rc spark link?
Thanks in advance. boys...

2017-9-2
Use props
usera067d54ce5
New
Flight distance : 1375335 ft
Italy

Hi, I have connection problem with otg cable between rc and samsung s6. I also tried with samsung tab s2, but I did not connect.
I tried it with iphone and it works. here could be the problem with android with otg rc spark link?
Thanks in advance. boys...

2017-9-2
Use props
dehner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 549931 ft
Philippines

I also have the same problem connecting the OTG via Android Phone.  If pairing with RC and Spark it's ok.  Pairing with Android Phone and Spark also ok.  But when I use the OTG cable,  aircraft is disconnected.  I wonder why??
2017-9-19
Use props
VinceC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6010 ft
United States

Can the Mavic RC cable,which is used to connect the Mavic Remote to a mobile device, be used for the Spark to connect a mobile device to the remote?  They both have the same Micro USB on the remote.
2017-9-23
Use props
Frankwatt
New
Belgium

The same problem for me:
- I'm using a Galaxy S7
- I've tried 3 OTG connectors / cables
- Connected in all possible directions (and of course OTG side connected to the RC)
- My phone just says "charging"
- The Go4 app keeps displaying  "ENTER DEVICE" grayed out. When I click on i, it redirects me directly to the Wi-Fi settings of the phone.

There is no way to have it working on this phone.
2017-9-23
Use props
Ken-Rick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18898 ft
Netherlands

Frankwatt Posted at 2017-9-23 13:45
The same problem for me:
- I'm using a Galaxy S7
- I've tried 3 OTG connectors / cables

2017-9-23
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

The solution has been posted quite often in other threads already, but here again:
1. Switch on the RC and let it boot until the red LED is on permanently.
2. Plug the cable into your mobile device.
3. Plug the OTG side into the RC, the App should start automatically saying "RC connected".
4. Start the Spark and "go fly".
If that does not work, something might be wrong with the cable.
2017-9-23
Use props
Frankwatt
New
Belgium

Ken-Rick Posted at 2017-9-23 14:03
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw7D6bNgI1U

I did that, it does not help
2017-9-23
Use props
Frankwatt
New
Belgium

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-9-23 14:04
The solution has been posted quite often in other threads already, but here again:
1. Switch on the RC and let it boot until the red LED is on permanently.
2. Plug the cable into your mobile device.

Hi Wachtberger,

I've followed the very same procedure and tried with 3 OTG cables + the originale OTG dongle that Samsung provides with the S7, so I guess it does not come from the OGT part.
The problem is probably that I'm cursed
2017-9-24
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Tviscomi summed it up.
No sequence works more than once. Mine was ok but now the phone says charging.

2017-9-24
Use props
Frankwatt
New
Belgium

IT WORKS  !!!!

Ok guys, this is a good one.
The problem came from the usb cable itself, not the OTG part.

So far, I've been using usb cables I had bought along with my power banks, I've tried 3 usb cables an only those ones because they are short, so handy for the controller.

BUT, I've just tried with the cable provided with my Samsung phone and it work perfectly.
And, it really does not matter the order your plug the cables, or whether your start the app before or after connecting the cable. it just works, point. You just need to plus the OTG side on the RC, that's the only condition.

So, it seems that all USB cables are not made the same and can't handle data transfert !
So make sure to use the genuine usb cable of you phone or a cable that can handle data transfer and not the one from your battery pack (The cable from my Anker power Core works though, but not the short cables from the others power banks).

Cheers !

2017-9-24
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

I have an old LG G3. Try my sequence and see if it works for you - it always works for me:
1. Turn aircraft on.
2. Wait for it to boot up.
3. Turn RC on.
4. Wait for it to get connected to the aircraft.
5. Stick the otg in the phone.
6. Stick the other end into the RC.
7. Run app (or have it run by default when sensing the RC)

This sequence has never failed me. Other sequences have.
2017-9-24
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Agreedwith last post . But my rc still seems to be charging phone.
2017-9-24
Use props
Frankwatt
New
Belgium

Bright Spark Posted at 2017-9-24 02:51

try with another usb cable. Check my previous  post.
2017-9-24
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Is that with micro usb both ends?
2017-9-24
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

I am glad that you have found the solution and you are not cursed...
2017-9-24
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Bright Spark Posted at 2017-9-24 02:51

Yes, phone "pretends" to be charging but it is nothing to worry about. It does not use up the battery of your RC. Simply ignore it.
2017-9-24
Use props
SG123
New
Flight distance : 9557 ft
Singapore

I also has difficulty connecting RC to my Samsung S7 Edge..
2017-9-24
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks, I shall ignore charging.
At present, fingers well crossed, no lag and any distance settable.
I hadn't ever noticed but the map projects a cicle of you set distance radius. Nice touch.
This drone can be so good.
2017-9-24
Use props
Flyingstoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 123944 ft

United Kingdom

I have also been having issues with my OTG cable.

My original OTG cable worked fine with my Sony Xperia z2 android phone until the phone fell in the dog bowl and died.
I had to revert to my old HTC 510 whilst I await a replacement phone, Needless to say the HTC is not really up to running GJI go4 very well so I needed to at least get the OTG link working.
Somewhere along the story I must have mixed up my OTG cables and I started using a different one and could not get the HTC phone to link until this afternoon when I tried a different cable and all that
has been said earlier is very relevant.

1. When the cable is plugged into the RC , after having first started the RC and waited for a steady red light, when the phone and connected cable are presented to the micro usb plug
on the RC it does simulate the DJI program to start up. The first time this happens a window is opened asking if this is to be the default program when a usb cable is connected to which I replied yes.

2. It does take a few seconds for the phone to respond to the connection of the RC unit before the DJI program starts up.

3. I made sure before connecting the phone that all mobile data, bluetooth and wireless connections were diabled.

4. I found it was not necessary to have the spark on for this to work as it would happily connect to the RC later.

I think alot of problems are being caused by non working cables , It does seem that some charging cables are wired differently and cannot support OTG communications
It is also important to connect the RC after the phone is connected to the OTG cable ie:last as that seems to stimulate the RC to send a signal to the phone to gety the  DJI software going.

anyhow thats my experience
happy flying
2017-9-24
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

DGold21 Posted at 2017-7-11 08:46

Do you have altitude and distance limitations?
2017-9-24
Use props
fanscf634f0c
lvl.2

Philippines

2017-11-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules