Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-7-11
Use props
djiuser_3bM5iYx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 158606 ft
United States

Found the answer here at 9:11 :    Comment section below video has links to Amazon cables - I ordered this one for my Samsung phone: https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 1_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2017-7-11
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.3
Flight distance : 66286 ft
Australia

I had the blacked out screen issue. Re-installed DJI Go and it came back...
2017-7-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

In order to pair with RC you then need to have aircraft phone and RC turned on just push power on AC until you here 3 beeps wait for RC light to turn green.
It's all a bit tricky at first but you will find ways to get it working quicker it's a bit frustrating at times,but it will work.
You returned 3 Mavics and now say Spark doesn't work, maybe trouble follows you around, but I don't think so.
2017-7-11
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-12
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

Hi Konstantinos , i am from Greece and i want to ask you from what shop did you buy fly more combo...thanks in advance
2017-7-12
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Konstantinos_an Posted at 2017-7-12 00:38
You are a funny guy... so trouble finds me or Dji is selling troublesome products?

I will try to explain it to you again, in simple words.

The Spark can either be paired to the RC OR an smartphone at any given point in time, never both.

If you want to fly with the RC, then smartphone connects to the RC's wifi SSID, and RC is bound to the aircraft. In this scenario, you will be able to operate the Spark without the smartphone, using only gestures, or the RC, but not smartphone to aircraft.

If you want to fly with your iPhone, then you need to unbind the RC, connect the iPhone to the Spark's SSID, and you will be able to control it exclusively with gestures, or the smartphone, but not the RC.

This is covered in the user guide, and behaving as designed.

There is no need to be nasty or use foul language. We are all part of the same community, and here to try to help each other out and lean in the process.
2017-7-12
Use props
Webdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 674938 ft
France

It seems to me that having to press the button for 3 or 6 seconds to change the type of connection isn't a lot to ask ? If anything It's better than having to fish inside the app for a setting. Now you could argue that if the remote is off it should just connect to the Spark directly...but the flipside is that when the remote is on you wouldn't be sure it's actually connected to the remote.
2017-7-12
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-12 01:03
The Spark can either be paired to the RC OR an smartphone at any given point in time, never both.

If you want to fly with the RC, then smartphone connects to the RC's wifi SSID, and RC is bound to the aircraft. In this scenario, you will be able to operate the Spark without the smartphone, using only gestures, or the RC, but not smartphone to aircraft.

Totally agree with you... some people just dont read the manual...
2017-7-12
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-12
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-12
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

You are a funny guy... so trouble finds me or Dji is selling troublesome products?

Look this is tricky for everyone, I wish it was easier, at first I found it frustrating but stuck at it and found something that worked for me as most people around here have done, I'm hoping it will become a bit easier for everyone around here who like me might have some difficulty, I'm hoping dji might release new firmware or software which will make it easier and quicker, to move from gesture to phone to remote.
But as they say there is more than one way to skin a cat..
2017-7-12
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Konstantinos_an Posted at 2017-7-12 03:58
The switch between the remote and the Spark's wifi / phone SHOULD be automatic. If the remote is on, the drone should detect it and connect to it. If the RC is off, the Spark should connect to the phone.

Do you really think that having to reset the wifi EVERYTIME you use the Spark with the remote is normal? Or having to pair the RC EVERYTIME after using the phone? For your information, I've read throughly the manual.

100% agree...following DJI's method of resetting the Spark WIFI is the equivalent of resetting a  WIFI router each time someone new or a new device connects, which obviously isn't the case.
2017-7-12
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-12
Use props
fans40bdc2b1
lvl.1
United States

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-12 01:03

Good comment.  Guy is angry bc he doesn't know what he's doing.  Another user error issue.  Why on God's green earth would you want to fly with your phone over RC?  Not even worth your time to "show" someone.  It's slow and clumsy to control.  
2017-7-12
Use props
RGSinSC
lvl.2
United States

I see the same thing.....the Wifi remains paired IF you do not change which device is controlling the drone, but if you switch, you must re-pair.......unless DJI "repairs" their product!
2017-7-12
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

fans40bdc2b1 Posted at 2017-7-12 13:35
Good comment.  Guy is angry bc he doesn't know what he's doing.  Another user error issue.  Why on God's green earth would you want to fly with your phone over RC?  Not even worth your time to "show" someone.  It's slow and clumsy to control.

Well, that's the thing. It's not rocket science. Consider this - the Spark can and will broadcast an SSID so something can connect to it.

That something would either be the RC or the smartphone, but not both. Why?

If the aircraft would accept either of the two, then any connection/disconnection is likely to result in a takeover of the aircraft by a device that the user may not may not be in control of.

e.g. if the RC loses connection in flight, the Spark may connect to the smartphone while the user is trying to figure out what happened. This may or may not be a good thing, nor a safe thing (e.g. your Spark might also have connection history to your gf's / friend's phone) - remember that DJI Go doesn't have to be connected for the Wifi connection to be 'hijacked' by another device nearby that it has history with.

Now, I don't know what the guy's problem is, but I've not been sarcastic with him - rather, my post indicated how the system worked. Guess there's no pleasing some people.
2017-7-13
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Konstantinos_an Posted at 2017-7-12 04:28
I agree on that. However I do not understand why some people "jump" into others just because they are expressing or complaining about a product. I am ALSO a Dji fan but I am definetely not a fanboy. I really want to like their products and surely luck played a role in all this experience but 3 faulty Mavics? Sparks falling from the sky? Radio channels not supported in EU? Image feed loss, connection loss? All these topics should have been solved in the pre-production phase. i would be more than glad to be a developer if Dji would have sent me a drone but unfortunately I paid my hard earned money for it.

Wifi technology is quite advanced, our phones switch to different networks automatically, I don't believe the Spark cannot do the same with all that microprocessing power... When I link a keyboard to my iPad Pro it detects it automatically, the same with every accessory in the majority of electronic devices today, perhaps you need to go through the pairing process once but reseting everything? evrytime?

A more ideal solution to the problem would be to use the battery button to toggle between WiFi and RC modes, like how the Mavic can switch between the 2 without needing to re-pair (albeit that it's done via a physical switch on the Mavic)

It would be interesting to see if DJI implements this in the new future, but I wouldn't count on it.
2017-7-13
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-13
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-13
Use props
rickysuperdog
Second Officer
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

So, you may complaint to DJI and also please read the manual before playing with your new drone.
2017-7-14
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

We already know that the Spark has problems with its Wifi and RC connection - it does not help creating new topics with the same issue.
If the Spark did not match your expectations than return it within 14 days and get a refund.

And in which video did they promote "video start" via gesture - I did not find any. As far as I know, that would be a nice feature to have ...

2017-7-14
Use props
JoeCec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

Konstantinos_an Posted at 2017-7-13 23:38
By the way fanboy, I posted the official answer to the topic by the Dji rep admiting that "there's a problem and their engineers are looking into it"...  so I don't think I don't know what i am doing.

I own more that 18.000$ in photo-video equipment, I am involved with photography and electronics for more than 20 years. NEVER had to reset my wifi in order to connect another accessory. I believe the device should recognize what type of commander you are using. And if you read my complains, it is not even so much about having to press a button to pair the device, my iPhone DOESN'T FIND THE SPARKS'S WIFI.

Stay strong man, I've been getting heat for my RTH doesn't work videos. Everyone just wants you to use their affiliate links to buy drones and get paid without being truthful.
2017-7-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Konstantinos_an Posted at 2017-7-13 23:38
By the way fanboy, I posted the official answer to the topic by the Dji rep admiting that "there's a problem and their engineers are looking into it"...  so I don't think I don't know what i am doing.

I own more that 18.000$ in photo-video equipment, I am involved with photography and electronics for more than 20 years. NEVER had to reset my wifi in order to connect another accessory. I believe the device should recognize what type of commander you are using. And if you read my complains, it is not even so much about having to press a button to pair the device, my iPhone DOESN'T FIND THE SPARKS'S WIFI.

Man your pretty rude, it seems if someone doesn't agree with you they are simply a dji fanboy. And then to further try to threaten people with what you might say, you just sound ridiculous.

What you need is your own separate forum where you can answer your own questions, that way you will be happy with the answers you give yourself.

“A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small parcel.”
2017-7-14
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-17
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-17
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-17
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-17
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-17
Use props
NewtonLeWilows
lvl.1
United Kingdom

What a lovely friendly Forum, If you look at old posts of when the Mavic came out there were a lot of post complaining about issues with that, seems DJI has a history of releasing stuff and letting the customer be the Beta testers for them, I agree everything should work as advertised when the product is released for sale but we can either keep the Spark and wait until the updates make it the Drone it should be or sell it and dare I say it ...get a Mavic that has more mature software and most of the bugs have been sorted. I myself have had no problems with disconnects ETC but there are a lot of variables that can affect the use of the drone, location, make of phone and yes sometimes user error. The Spark is promoted as a very user-friendly drone and people who have never even looked at a drone have got one of these, so I expect there would be problems and flaky software makes it worse.
2017-7-17
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Germany

Well it does not help freaking out over your problem. And getting personal in the last post does certainly not help.
There are connecting issues and work arounds. If something works "another" way as you expect it to ... well that's an expectation that is not fulfilled for you - even if technology can handle your request.
I can talk to Voyager 2 but don't complain about Sparks limited range - even so deep space communication is possible ;)

Sorry for your troubles but keep it easy on the other guys - take a deep breath an hug a tree
2017-7-17
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

They make a tutorial to explain your frustration I don't know why you have to be upset with this but I found the procedure is fine for me. Just follow the steps and you'll be good to connect to phone or remote controller:
2017-7-17
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Germany

Ah nice video ... uploaded today
DJI would have less problems / complaints if they had those videos ready the time they shipped the Fly More Combo ;)
2017-7-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Konstantinos_an Posted at 2017-7-17 00:29
And you are not being rude? So everyone in this forum that complains about Dji lack of interest in their clients is an enemy? Why am i accused of not reading the manual just because I don't agree with what is happening? A forum is a place that people can express their own opinions about the products they spent their money on...

What's your problem? Or lack of? if you were lucky enough to receive perfect products, I am happy for you. In my case I received 3 defective Mavic and a Spark that is below expectations so not very satisfied. Obviously I could return the drone but unfortunately I have no other portable choice with good stabilized video for this summer.

If you have a problem with your spark, that's fine complain, but when you try to insult people straight off the bat, that's a different thing.

I see your last comment as a cry for help it must be difficult to talk about it at times.
2017-7-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Konstantinos_an Posted at 2017-7-17 00:52
Mayweather vs McGregor? Predictions?

The good looking guy will win that.
2017-7-17
Use props