Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 Beta Testing Program is launched(Closed)
1234Next >
26740 153 2015-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-CS
Second Officer

Hong Kong

The type of activity:
Beta
Start time:
2015-3-25 To 2015-4-9 08:00 Agree
Event Location:
N/A
Has number of applicants:
78 People
Remaining places:
200 People
Registration Deadline:
2015-3-29 08:00
DJI Inspire1 Beta Testing Program is launched now.
We'd like to invite 200 beta testers all around the world.
If you are interested in this program, please read the attachment for the instruction of particiating Inspire1 Beta Testing Program.
Rewards

1.        If a user reports a firmware bug that has not been found or announced to the public prior to the beta test, they will receive a reward that is commensurate with the significance of the bug discovered.
a)       The first three users to report and provide complete documentation on a bug that DJI determines may cause fatal flight issues, will each be awarded $300 (USD). Users must submit complete flight data and flight records from the app to be eligible.
b)        The first three users to report and provide complete documentation on a bug that DJI determines may cause non-fatal flight issues, will each be awarded $200 (USD). Users must submit complete flight data and flight records from the app to be eligible.
c)        The first users to report and provide complete documentation on a bug that DJI determines is unlikely to affect flight, will each be awarded $100 (USD).
2.        At the end of test period, users will be awarded $10 (USD) for each report they send with at least ten (10) minutes of flight logged and for which sufficient flight data has been submitted. The cap on this offer is set at $500 (USD) per person.

Remarks: DJI will transfer awards to the user’s bank account within two weeks after the Beta Test period ends. Users should provide accurate bank account information in order to avoid delays.

Beta Test Requirements
1.        Only DJI Inspire 1 users can take part in the Inspire 1 Firmware Beta Test. Each applicant is required to own at least one stock, unmodified Inspire 1. When applying, each applicant should also submit the serial number and most recent flight data (acquired in the last 7 days) from the Inspire 1 that will be used for the Beta Test.
2.        All applicants are required to register on the designated DJI website with information that is complete and accurate.
3.        DJI will review qualified users and select a small number to join the test community.
4.        Users who are invited to join the beta test will be able to download the latest firmware and DJI Pilot app from the designated DJI website.
5.        Following the test period, users are required to upload complete flight data and other related materials to a storage service, like Dropbox or Google drive, then send the corresponding links and passwords to beta@dji.com.

Notes:
1.        After installing the latest firmware, users should perform at least three test flights in open area before flying in other, more complex environments.
2.        Users are encouraged to read the Inspire 1 User Manual and release notes before taking off.
3.        Users are required to record the flight video from the onboard camera and a third-person perspective video that shows how the Inspire 1 performs during each test flight. These videos is recommended to be recorded in 720p and posted privately on a video sharing platform, such as YouTube or Vimeo. Access information for the videos should then be submitted to the forum administrator.
4.        Users should be fully aware of all safe flight procedures and be familiar with the environment in which they are flying. Please do not fly close to people, tall buildings, or other large metal structures. It is also recommended that beginners avoid flying near trees and wooded areas.

Responsibilities
1.        If a firmware bug or other product failure causes the Inspire 1 to be damaged during the Beta Test, DJI may, at its discretion, cover the full cost of maintenance and repairs. Users must submit complete flight data and flight records from the app to be eligible.
2.        If incorrect operation on the part of the user leads the Inspire 1 to be damaged during the Beta Test, DJI may, at its discretion, cover 50% of the resulting maintenance and repair costs. Users must submit complete flight data and flight records from the app to be eligible.
3.        Users shall be responsible for compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. In the event that any personal injury and/or property damage/loss occurs during flight, the user shall bear full responsibility and make relevant compensation.
Under the aforementioned circumstances, DJI may assist with the costs of maintenance and repairs for a damaged Inspire 1, but shall not bear any further liability. Users who register for the Beta Test agree to this term by doing so.
4.        Users who join the beta test are not allowed to reveal the firmware or the methods by which it is acquired to the public. Users who do so shall be responsible for all resulting losses on the part of the company and may be subject to additional punitive action.
5.        Users who participate in the beta test are not allow to use the beta firmware for commercial purposes. Users who do so shall be responsible for all resulting losses on the part of the company and may be subject to additional punitive action.
6.        DJI reserves the right to exclude any user from the beta test for any reason. DJI also reserves the right of final interpretation for all test rules, policies, etc.

78 people accepted

Leave a message Submit Time
skylermcfarland 2015-3-29
gennacide 2015-3-29
BrianL 2015-3-29
t_mcmurran.yahoo 2015-3-29
info.espritphoto 2015-3-29
lindkold@gmail.com 2015-3-29
tmguillemot@gmail.com 2015-3-29
Heliflo 2015-3-29

How_to_particiate_Inspire1_Beta_Testing_program.pdf

296.86 KB, Down times: 457

Regulation_of_Inspire_1_Firmware_Beta_Testing_en.pdf

109.21 KB, Down times: 204

2015-3-20
Use props
Wolfman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

We have  all been doing this already since the release, we just haven't had the DJI stamp in the homework book!

What is the contingency plan if the BETA version of software causes the loss of our aircraft - are we given priority for immediate replacement or do we participate in the current program of waiting many weeks for an answer?

I am in the unfortunate position of being told by DJI my aircraft had hardware failure which caused the crash BUT cannot get a replacement until it is sent back to China for inspection.  This is just wasted time delaying the inevitable as you have already identified the fault from the logs.  For this reason, I would need an accurate answer to this important question before considering.
2015-3-26
Use props
EdgyMedia
Second Officer

Japan

[Edit]
Thanks for the Update. Lots more details in there on what is covered. Plenty to think about.
[/Edit]
I'd love to participate. I know how important beta testers are. But I went out on a huge limb to be able to purchase my Inspire. I'd be happy to fly a loaner for beta testing though. (And there is a DJI office just down the road in Osaka....)  That way I am not grounded permanently if there is catastrophic failure.
2015-3-26
Use props
DJI-Beta
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Wolfman Posted at 2015-3-27 15:43
We have  all been doing this already since the release, we just haven't had the DJI stamp in the hom ...

Sir, all beta testers will be given priority about technical support to ensure the testing going fluently.
2015-3-27
Use props
rustysilverwing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7962966 ft
United States

What is the ID that is requested in registration? I tried my Inspire SN but that gave a picture address error.
2015-3-27
Use props
alexmarnas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 606237 ft
Russia

Same here!???
2015-3-27
Use props
alexmarnas
Second Officer
Russia

It worked after a copy-paste of the address of my profile picture.. strange
2015-3-27
Use props
rustysilverwing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7962966 ft
United States

rustysilverwing Posted at 2015-3-27 18:03
What is the ID that is requested in registration? I tried my Inspire SN but that gave a picture addr ...

got it...scanned passport and posted in the forum ID section, then copied link to registration page
2015-3-27
Use props
DJI-Beta
lvl.1

Hong Kong

alexmarnas Posted at 2015-3-27 18:21
It worked after a copy-paste of the address of my profile picture.. strange

Hi Alex, pls upload a copy of your identity following the instruction. Thanks.
2015-3-27
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I try to submit the form asks for the "image address area" Also asks for "ID" Where am I to find this information?
2015-3-27
Use props
DJI-Beta
lvl.1

Hong Kong

rodger Posted at 2015-3-27 18:51
When I try to submit the form asks for the "image address area" Also asks for "ID" Where am I to fin ...

Hi rodger, follow the attached instruction, there is a place in your space to upload your ID copy.
2015-3-27
Use props
rodger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Beta Posted at 2015-3-27 19:24
Hi rodger, follow the attached instruction, there is a place in your space to upload your ID copy. ...

Thanks for the reply but I am still lost. In my space, do you mean my profile? Where is my ID copy to be found?
Thank you
2015-3-27
Use props
dundee
Captain
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Rodger, maybe this can help you.
p1.PNG
2015-3-27
Use props
dundee
Captain

Thailand

rodger Posted at 2015-3-27 20:03
Thanks for the reply but I am still lost. In my space, do you mean my profile? Where is my ID copy ...

2015-3-27
Use props
arunmehta
Second Officer
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Thank you very much .....But ... but i have been Beta testing your bird since launch for free...with no benefits just LOSSES :@sorry i dont want to lose another bird to Experimentation...

i am not a sucker for torture...
2015-3-27
Use props
dundee
Captain

Thailand

arunmehta Posted at 2015-3-27 20:51
Thank you very much .....But ... but i have been Beta testing your bird since launch for free...with ...

For some it's not about fortune.
2015-3-27
Use props
alexmarnas
Second Officer
Russia

DJI-Beta Posted at 2015-3-27 18:32
Hi Alex, pls upload a copy of your identity following the instruction. Thanks.

Passport scan uploaded, thank you
2015-3-27
Use props
rodger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I'll kick in, me too
2015-3-27
Use props
rodger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

dundee Posted at 2015-3-27 20:48

I'll give it a shot. I looked in the Browse section and it come up with my Desktop file, nothing DJI. I'll try the Icon scan.
2015-3-27
Use props
GeneralToner
Second Officer

United States

Please advise on what Step 6 is referring to, specifically what is a flight log?  Is this a screen recording?  I don't see how to export a flight log from the DJI app on any of my devices.  Thanks!

From Instruction PDF:
6.  Upload a most recent flight data (acquired in the last 7 days) from the Inspire 1 to a storage service, like Dropbox or Google drive, then sent email with the corresponding links and passwords to beta@dji.com
2015-3-27
Use props
RAPID
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8448074 ft
  • >>>
United States

GeneralToner Posted at 2015-3-27 22:54
Please advise on what Step 6 is referring to, specifically what is a flight log?  Is this a screen r ...

You will need to pull the flight logs directly from the I1 using the rear micro-usb port and a PC.
2015-3-27
Use props
GeneralToner
Second Officer

United States

Ok, haven't done that one before (been too good of a craft to need to).  Thanks!
2015-3-27
Use props
rodger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

dundee Posted at 2015-3-27 20:48

Tried everything my friend and nada. Can't even get the "Browse" icon now. Frustrating indeed.
2015-3-27
Use props
dundee
Captain

Thailand

rodger Posted at 2015-3-27 23:16
Tried everything my friend and nada. Can't even get the "Browse" icon now. Frustrating indeed.

So did you already scanned your passport into yr computer ?
2015-3-27
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

For those that have concerns about this version of the firmware, we have been testing this for almost a month.  In a smaller test over 10 users world wide flew without issues.  I do not think you will have any issues.
2015-3-27
Use props
tvmcdaniels
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49646 ft
United States

GeneralToner Posted at 2015-3-27 22:54
Please advise on what Step 6 is referring to, specifically what is a flight log?  Is this a screen r ...

Power your inspire 1, your monitor and then your Inspire.  Under mode in the DJI App go to enter flight data mode.  Connect your computer via USB connected to the port next to the rear LED.  A drive will appear on your desk top.  Those are the flight data logs.  One is created each time the craft is powered.
2015-3-27
Use props
rodger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

dundee Posted at 2015-3-27 23:18
So did you already scanned your passport into yr computer ?

On my passport I only have the Phantom pic as you can see. I tried copy and paste and come up with nothing, no data at all. Maybe because the Phantom pic is a default. I looked all over my profile and find nothing in regard to an ID. I have no idea at all where to find it. As I said I don't even have the Browse any longer. I did have it the first time I tried it and only my desktop files were in there? Don't worry about it my friend. If I can't even find my ID, I doubt that I would be of any help to DJI.
2015-3-27
Use props
dundee
Captain

Thailand

rodger Posted at 2015-3-27 23:40
On my passport I only have the Phantom pic as you can see. I tried copy and paste and come up with ...

DJI wants a copy of your passport or id card.
This time its not the police asking for it.  

For that you need to scan that document into your computer.
Maybe your printer is also a scanner ?

I think you are confused between your avator picture and a copy of yr id
2015-3-27
Use props
rodger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

OK, that is very helpful as usual. I thought they wanted my DJI, ID!! I can get that done easy enough. I got you this time, I'll send my Police ID. Yup the real deal, gotcha my friend
2015-3-27
Use props
gboivin
First Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

dundee Posted at 2015-3-27 23:48
DJI wants a copy of your passport or id card.
This time its not the police asking for it.  

Does it matterwhat format to download ID? I tried in tiff and pdf and it won't show up for ID in Personel file
2015-3-27
Use props
Skywolf007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2758875 ft
Slovakia

Guys do you really need all data from last 7 days?  I did not fly much but still 2.2GB of data..
2015-3-27
Use props
Skywolf007
Second Officer
Slovakia

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-27 23:29
For those that have concerns about this version of the firmware, we have been testing this for almos ...

Hi Ed,

Do we need to post the flight logs each time we fly with the beta firmware? Im trying to upload it now, but its 2.2GB. I flew like an hour in the last 7 days - bad weather.

Is there a possibility to downgrade the Inspire 1 firmware(in case I need to fly commercially) .

Also 3rd party video should be in 720p too? Is it needed if the flight was problem free?

Thx Sky
2015-3-27
Use props
philip.lima
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8000988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sent a request in to test things out... Look forward to providing some hopefully useful insights into the new firmware.
2015-3-27
Use props
PureSQNut
Second Officer

United States

I think this is a great idea. I keep seeing the biggest comments of "haven't we already been Beta testers" but from a manufacturing position I will say this.

I have no doubt that DJI DID and HAS done a lot of testing on the firmware version prior to release. However as a person who tests firmware on computer based products I will say that DJI could literally have 20, 40, 60, 100 people at their company testing their products (Firmware, software final production products) before release and they could do this for years and STILL once the product is release into the field there will always be somebody that will find that one particular way, during that right temperature, during a particular operation at a certain time of the day with this button pressed before that button and the sun is pointing a certain way that WILL always find new bugs.

Ultimately regardless of how much testing goes into a product there will ALWAYS be hidden bugs in firmware. The fact is its still hand written code by an engineer(s) and it only takes one keystroke or not thinking of a certain equation that could possibly be used that could cause a problem.

Lets look at Microsoft, remember Microsoft Windows XP?  Microsoft has THOUSANDS of code writers to write that program and still even 12 years after its release they were still fixing bugs (not counting security updates) in it. When it comes to ANYTHING with a processor in it, especially when it has thousands, in this case millions if not billions of variables you can only test so much as a company in every way that you as a company can image the product will be used and then you have to release it. At that point be ready to get the updates done because consumers WILL find issues regardless of how much testing you have done.

If you have issues with this possibility please disconnect yourself from technology as a whole because whether its cell phones, washers and dryers, audio products, toasters, electronic pencil sharpeners the keyboard and the computer you are typing on and even your car you drive it all has the same common factor...  A computer that had code written by a person.

As long as DJI continues to do updates and do diligent testing prior to release and continue to support the product and guarantee the product if there is any major errors as a direct result of the updates then I am fine with it.

For me my concern is what position will DJI take on units after they are 1 year old and the factory warranty is expired and a customer has a critical issue as a result of a firmware update. Will they still support and grantee the product or take a much less desired path?

The moral of the story, the best critics and people for feedback are your consumers.

Also for those that have never seen what something like code looks like here is a sample. Now imagine hand entering 500,000+ or even a million plus lines of this?

As long as DJI wants to guarantee the product for testers (relivant to issues potentially created by the new firmware) and maybe even expedite repairs if it comes to that so that if there is issues I am not spending most of my first year with my bird not in service I would be happy to sign up, take a chance and help out
2015-3-27
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Skywolf007 Posted at 2015-3-28 01:21
Hi Ed,

Do we need to post the flight logs each time we fly with the beta firmware? Im trying to  ...

Just so everyone knows, THERE IS NO GOING BACK ON THE FIRMWARE.  Once you upgrade that is where you will stay.  Think about doing the test if you feel you may have second thoughts.  The current beta version is very stable but we have not done a wide scale test.  That is what this program is all about.  I know the files are large.  That is why we recommend that you use a file sharing website.  Note that everytime you power the Inspire it will create a flight data log.  

2015-3-27
Use props
drosos.dimitris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 241362 ft
Greece

Guys i am interest but i have a few questions for when you push i want to participate and if anybody can help me it would be great!!!
1) Flyuing temperature when asking???? what exactly they want???
2) Altitude??? (max that i can go???)
3) And finally mobily phone type?????? what exactly they want??? the monitor (phone or tablet) that is linked to radio????
Thanks guys!!!!
2015-3-27
Use props
Skywolf007
Second Officer
Slovakia

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-28 01:52
Just so everyone knows, THERE IS NO GOING BACK ON THE FIRMWARE.  Once you upgrade that is where yo ...

What about question 1 and 3?

Im uploading the flight logs to my Onedrive. As soon as I finish uploading, I will send the email to beta@dji.

2015-3-27
Use props
Hooks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 226450 ft
Canada

Skywolf007 Posted at 2015-3-28 01:03
Guys do you really need all data from last 7 days?  I did not fly much but still 2.2GB of data..

I used itunes to get the flight records off the iphone.   the file sizes were roughly 1mb a piece.  Is this the proper method to retrieve flight logs?
2015-3-27
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Hooks Posted at 2015-3-28 05:34
I used itunes to get the flight records off the iphone.   the file sizes were roughly 1mb a piece. ...

No, what we are looking for is the flight data logs that are available to download from the usb port at the rear of the Inspire.  You can access this from the mode icon, advanced.  It is a large file.  1-3 gb.
2015-3-27
Use props
Hooks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 226450 ft
Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-28 05:49
No, what we are looking for is the flight data logs that are available to download from the usb po ...

Thanks, I'll get those uploaded pronto.
2015-3-27
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules