Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Strange error caused crash - drone unresponsive!
430 1 2017-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscfe20ed6
Flight distance : 1767507 ft
United Kingdom

So I was abroad, hvaing used my beautiful Inspire 2 quite a few times already. We were planning some shots of a stunning waterfall over valley.

I had been getting a couple of strange little errors, that werent being flagged by the app, but were noticeable to me physcally, like the gimbal not reacting in the right way and it taking longer than usual to home lock and link picture to the remote. But with a couple of restarts everything seemed fine and I was good to go.

The first few passes/shots went great. Stunning shots! But as I was easing to the end of a nice, steady left to right, tracking-style shot, I noticed that the I2 wasn't properly responding to my easing off the right stick. I continued to ease off and was pulling back in the opposite direction to stop the movement, but it simply didnt respond... and bump! It hit the edge of the cliff on the other side and plummitted about 70m tumbling down the cliff to the ground below. Honestly, I felt sick!

For some reason my flight logs were not able to update - so the last flight I have logged in the app was a day or so beforehand, and when I try to update the log nothing changes. I would love to hear if anyone has had any similar problems and whether anyone has any more info to help me out!?

I am in the process of sending the unit, in pieces, back to DJI for repair (well... replacement I should think!) - I am really hoping they will see error I had.

Thanks! Ben.  

2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ben,  we are sorry to hear the crash accident, we have professional data analysis team who will help to analyze the reason of crash if the data log can be obtained.  If it's malfunction, your drone will be repaired or replaced for free according to DJI After-Sales policy.
2017-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules