Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Critical Battery at 15%??
1130 6 2017-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sprtbkrydr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

Any of you guys ever got a critically low battery warning at 15% battery? I just did and I was still a mile out and the bird started to descend! I did make it home though with 11% battery. Strange that has never happened before.
2017-7-12
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

What percentage was yours set to? I don't often reach the critical battery threshold, and even less often accidentally, but yes, I've noticed that it can be triggered at percentages higher than the configured setting.

I did make it home though with 11% battery

Then I'm guessing you had quite a tail wind on the return portion of your flight; using only 4% of your battery's capacity to cover a mile is pretty impressive, at least assuming the return trip involved mostly horizontal travel.
2017-7-12
Use props
ephektz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

I try and land at roughly 30 percent battery.

A great majority of posts here that include the pilot losing their Mavic involve flying on low battery. At a mile out, if you had experienced a headwind on that battery level I suspect that this would be a very different post.

Something I am not, and that maybe someone such as DroneFlying could answer, is how the Mavic handles and displays voltage sag.
2017-7-12
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

The Mavic will warn at whatever % you set in the app also when battery power is getting to the point where you must turn around to make it back with some margin for error.
2017-7-12
Use props
JoeCec
First Officer
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's not healthy for the Li-po or any RC battery to discharge below 15% it's definitely not healthy to run it to 0%
2017-7-12
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380594 ft
United States

You just got lucky, very lucky. Don't press your luck with a $1000 bird. With my P3S when it get's to 20% it got crazy, I mean I barely got it on the ground only a 100 feet from me. So now when I hear that 30% it comes down. Even the Mavic

My brand new Mavic 2 weeks old down to 20% I tried to land her several times pushing the stick down but she wouldn't do what I was telling it. It went upwards instead and crashed into my porch roof which you know what comes next, crashing into the ground. I probably should have had her checked out but instead I wanted a Mavic back so wasted a Refresh.

Was no Auto land at low battery or nothing. It goes crazy
2017-7-12
Use props
Tealk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

JoeCec Posted at 2017-7-12 06:56
It's not healthy for the Li-po or any RC battery to discharge below 15% it's definitely not healthy to run it to 0%

At least once a month, it's good to discharge the battery at 8% to keep it quality

Mine is set to 20% to warn me..but when i have 30% i`m coming back home

20% it`s enought to come back from 200m and land...i dont thing with 4% you can run a mile when you have 20%
2017-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules