Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Altitude bug or hardware issue?
1920 12 2017-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Magius
Singapore

I experienced (and made a post the other day) about my Sparks only going to about 5 meters or so before it kept screaming Altitude warning and would not let me go further. Restarting/ resetting the drone, the app didn't worked at all, no there's no tree or any obstacles around me... the nearest building is about 10 15 meter away.

I redid a calibration and the drone started drifting to my right slowly. Pushed stick forward and drone flew in the opposite direction, went backwards.... really fast, as if in sports mode. I wasn't in sports mode... It flew towards a building quite a distance away. I let go of the stick and it stopped but continued drifting right... dangerously about to hit the building.

When I attempted to bring it back left, pushing left didn't work and thinking I pushed the wrong way, I pushed right it crashed into a building a distance away, l didn't even have time to stop it....

And guess what... after the bump, drone stablised... I was able to go past the low 5 meter ceiling height... What happened there?

*also noticed after the bump, drone doesn't hover as steadily as before, with slight wavering. When it came brand new, it was able to hover steadily in place without even slight wavering...

2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Magius, what you described seems to be interesting.
Would you please sync your flight records via DJI GO 4 firstly then PM me your DJI account (e-mail address)?
Then please export the data needed for further analysis.
Here are the instructions:
1. Download the Assistant 2 from DJI official Spark website page, install it : http://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads
2. Connect the drone to your PC, run Assistant 2, then click "black box", you can get the file.
3. Then click "Upload Data--Confirm", choose the log which shows the situation, and save it to local.
Please upload both files to Dropbox and post the link here, thanks.
2017-7-13
Use props
Magius
Singapore

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-13 18:28
Would you please sync your flight records via DJI GO 4 firstly then PM me your DJI account (e-mail address)?

Ok will do it today.

My Spark went nuts yesterday, I tried flying through a long carpark path of between 2 building to test it's max range, this was what happened:

Calibrated before I took off,
Calibrated ok, started flying through the path,
It kept trying to steer towards right side again despite the proper calibration,
When it reached an intersection of the end of both building and start of another 2 building (criss cross junction of 4 buildings), it just went strafed right really fast, slightly bumping into tree branch but went back left to stablise,
I panicked a little but decided to call the craft back and pulled back on it, it went nuts. It dashed backwards really fast, I let go of my stick, but it seems to be 'stuck' in backwards mode and dash back passed me in (path like a horizontally inverted J) like in sports mode and into a crowd of people.... blade broke. Luckily no one was hurt.

This is the second time I lost control of it... friend and I we're speculating maybe cause of WIFI interference.

Will upload everything shortly.

2017-7-18
Use props
Magius
Singapore

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-13 18:28

Can't use the upload function, said invalid phone... also when I checked it only saved 2 days july 16 and 18 (and today 19th).. the prev (first) crash had no log? Not sure why. Nevertheless I've uploaded yesterday night's crash here: www.dreamchasers-interactive.com/DJI_Log.zip

2017-7-18
Use props
Magius
Singapore

Magius Posted at 2017-7-18 16:59
Can't use the upload function, said invalid phone... also when I checked it only saved 2 days july 16 and 18 (and today 19th).. the prev (first) crash had no log? Not sure why. Nevertheless I've uploaded yesterday night's crash here: www.dreamchasers-interactive.com/DJI_Log.zip

[view_image]

Seems like many other people can't upload via dji assistant app too and facing similiar problem: https://forum.dji.com/thread-100145-1-1.html
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Magius Posted at 2017-7-18 16:59

[view_image]

The logs are easily to be covered by previous logs, since you flew it several times after posting, it might be covered.
Would you please refer to this tutorial and try again to check whether the Assistant 2 performs properly?
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Magius Posted at 2017-7-18 16:36
Ok will do it today.

My Spark went nuts yesterday, I tried flying through a long carpark path of between 2 building to test it's max range, this was what happened:

It's recommended to fly the drone in an open area without interference.
2017-7-20
Use props
Matioupi
First Officer
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-20 03:49
It's recommended to fly the drone in an open area without interference.

and without kids crowd
2017-7-20
Use props
Magius
Singapore

Matioupi Posted at 2017-7-20 04:02
and without kids crowd

If you look at my GPS map, the crowd of 'kids' (teenagers) are really far from me, easily 10 15 meters away. I live in a city state, you can't find places that has no traces of human beings without having to travel far.
2017-7-21
Use props
Magius
Singapore

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-20 03:50
The logs are easily to be covered by previous logs, since you flew it several times after posting, it might be covered.
Would you please refer to this tutorial and try again to check whether the Assistant 2 performs properly?
https://youtu.be/ngEHdAlAh9A

Natalia, take a look yourself, the log only recorded my flight within that few days, I've had the drone for over 3 weeks. Nothing seems to have been recorded prior to 16th July. I bought it and flown way before 16th. So the first crash somehow wasn't recorded. I can't answer to you why there's no recording, you gotta ask your own technical team.

I can't delete the files, so obviously I'm not lying here.

Nevertheless, the previous log I uploaded contained the crash the night Spark went crazy.

2017-7-21
Use props
Magius
Singapore

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-20 03:50
https://youtu.be/ngEHdAlAh9A

Just in case you failed to notice the link here you go again:

Log/ black box file for the night where Sparks went crazy.
www.dreamchasers-interactive.com/DJI_Log.zip

Also please feedback to your team, there's a 'invalid phone' bug at the log upload form.
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Magius Posted at 2017-7-21 04:20
Natalia, take a look yourself, the log only recorded my flight within that few days, I've had the drone for over 3 weeks. Nothing seems to have been recorded prior to 16th July. I bought it and flown way before 16th. So the first crash somehow wasn't recorded. I can't answer to you why there's no recording, you gotta ask your own technical team.

I can't delete the files, so obviously I'm not lying here.

The flight logs are easily to be covered by the previous logs.  
Sorry to tell that we're not able to analyze it due to lack of flight data.
I've forwarded the data from black box to engineers, will try to review it.
Besides, did you sync all the flight records through APP? If so, what's your dji account (e-mail)?
2017-7-24
Use props
Magius
Singapore

My DJi account is me@kahtat.com. As mentioned all my flight before 17th wasn't logged somehow, even those I flew in Vietnam when I was there for work.
2017-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules