mavic pro trade for mavic pro 2
9635 34 2017-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2d246e12
New
United States

When the Mavic Pro 2 comes out, we should be able to trade in our first one for the new one with a fair price instead of paying full price for the new one. Similar to when trading in our iphones every time a new one comes out.
2017-7-12
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

Good luck with that. Mavic is not a phone. With phone, you get discounts because you have to pay for services.
2017-7-12
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

They should just give it to us for free.
2017-7-12
Use props
K4Unl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122175 ft
Netherlands

"our iPhones".. Speak for yourself mate, i ain't touching that with a bargepole!
2017-7-12
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

that is not how the economy works.
2017-7-13
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

BestBuy offers trade-ins on on older electronic devices (i.e. tablets, phones & laptops). Of course these are more widely used consumer items than drones are.
2017-7-13
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

No, but when you start hearing reliable rumors and leaks about the mavic 2 coming out, well your mavic 1 on eBay or anywhere before its value drops..
2017-7-13
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

I'd just sell the older Mavic on online (eBay makes this pretty easy)
2017-7-13
Use props
CharlieFliesDro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36148 ft
United States

I would Keep Mavic 1.0 for memories and also do some sketchy mods to it Battery's Antenna,
Back in my day........... "If your weren't Crashing a first gen Mavic you weren't flying hard enough".!
I have yet to hear any word on “3D aerobatics” with a Mavic
@ 40+ mph you should be able to Flip it over Flip it back in sports mode
2017-7-13
Use props
Jellybean
lvl.2
Flight distance : 578543 ft
United Kingdom

Mavic 2 is a long time away I think.

Wish Apple would do this tho, iOS the best place for dji go, a lot better than the app crashing all the time when it come to android garbage.
2017-7-13
Use props
Citation
lvl.3
Flight distance : 134908 ft
United States

Keep smiling and flying bro. Log those hours. Gather increased skills, fly, fly, fly.
2017-7-13
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-7-13 05:38
I'd just sell the older Mavic on online (eBay makes this pretty easy)

Lets face it .........when Mavic 2 comes out nobody will want to buy the first one   lol

I wouldnt buy a second hand one anyhow, who knows what trees it has hit, is it original or is it someones refresh/replacement etc lol
I won't be buying Mavic 2 unless there is a much improved camera fitted to it, too many adjustments on the current one... the 2 needs to be bullet proof & a game changer!
take your time DJI and get it right 1st time i say.

2017-7-13
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Jellybean Posted at 2017-7-13 07:09
Mavic 2 is a long time away I think.

Wish Apple would do this tho, iOS the best place for dji go, a lot better than the app crashing all the time when it come to android garbage.

Well hello there!
DJI GO 4 has never crashed on my Samsung Galaxy S8.
2017-7-13
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

RCNJ Posted at 2017-7-13 12:34
Lets face it .........when Mavic 2 comes out nobody will want to buy the first one   lol

I wouldnt buy a second hand one anyhow, who knows what trees it has hit, is it original or is it someones refresh/replacement etc lol

There will have to be price discount but the Mavic is so nice I am sure there will be market for the Mavic Pro (version one)
2017-7-13
Use props
NullMind
New
Flight distance : 119091 ft
Portugal

You guys worry too much, I am having a blast with the Mavic, when a new version comes there will always be a used market for people who can’t afford a new one, sell it and get the v2, think of the money you lost as the payment you had to pay for the countless fun hours you had.
2017-7-13
Use props
Doots
lvl.3
Flight distance : 682598 ft
United States

Why? What if they don't want your "old" Mavic back? You didn't NEED to buy it. Why should they be required to pay to take it off your hands? There are always people willing to buy stuff people don't want anymore. Just sell it on eBay if you don't want it.  
2017-7-13
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

This must be an April's fool joke...
2017-7-13
Use props
Morawka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 206276 ft
United States

The next Mavic Pro needs a real camera i know that!  Plus i'd love to see HEVC encoding being offered. Give us the option to pay for the HEVC License if your worried about costs DJI.  Also Detachable gimbal assembly would be great. This opens the door to a full range of accessory opportunities like your Matrice and Inspire lines. (Thermal Camera's, Zoom Camera's, Fisheye, IR, etc...) 3rd parties could even make "support/air packages" such as flashlights, Sirens, lasers, etc..
____

Oh and a more durable gimbal and better battery life.  Premium options such as a 4G/Glonass modem which uses a database of all Cell towers in the world, would allow them better accuracy/tracking than GPS on it's own by using Signal Strength and a physics database to know exactly how far the drone is from a known landmark. The new drone should also know when it's drifting due to high winds and be smart enough to engage sport mode to fight the wind and Return to Home.

2017-7-13
Use props
Peut
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1761181 ft
Netherlands

I bet you will benefit more from selling your Mavic yourself and then buying a Mavic 2, when it comes..
2017-7-13
Use props
Sangarone
lvl.2
United States

one can dream...
2017-7-14
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

They´d better work on firmware of Mavic Pro until it works as promised before they shoot out a defective product like the Spark again ..........................
2017-7-14
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-7-13 14:18
Well hello there!
DJI GO 4 has never crashed on my Samsung Galaxy S8.

Ditto !      
2017-7-14
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
Canada

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-7-14 00:59
They´d better work on firmware of Mavic Pro until it works as promised before they shoot out a defective product like the Spark again ..........................

What is defective about the Spark? I'm curious because that's a pretty bold statement.
2017-7-14
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

CharlieFliesDro Posted at 2017-7-13 07:06
I would Keep Mavic 1.0 for memories and also do some sketchy mods to it Battery's Antenna,
Back in my day........... "If your weren't Crashing a first gen Mavic you weren't flying hard enough".!

No. You should not be able to do flips and rolls with a Mavic. It's not even close to designed for that kind of stuff. If you want to do acro, get yourself a mini quad and learn how to fly it.
2017-7-14
Use props
Jellybean
lvl.2
Flight distance : 578543 ft
United Kingdom

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-7-14 00:59

What's not working as promised?
2017-7-14
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

dancopter Posted at 2017-7-12 21:39

Just so happens, free is my favorite price......
2017-7-14
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dancopter Posted at 2017-7-12 21:39

Yeah because they do that when you buy car and launch a new model a few years later...

Wouldn't make great business sense would it?!

2017-7-14
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

K4Unl Posted at 2017-7-12 23:57
"our iPhones".. Speak for yourself mate, i ain't touching that with a bargepole!

Sucks to be you! Can only assume you like multiple crashes, thousands of malware, Googles poor regard for privacy, poor UI and fragmentation. Enjoy.
2017-7-14
Use props
fans015d3523
lvl.3
Flight distance : 467799 ft
Spain

laceyboy Posted at 2017-7-12 20:27
Good luck with that. Mavic is not a phone. With phone, you get discounts because you have to pay for services.

Mavic has got the same sensor as Nexus 6P (phone).
2017-7-14
Use props
K4Unl
lvl.4
Netherlands

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-7-14 14:06
Sucks to be you! Can only assume you like multiple crashes, thousands of malware, Googles poor regard for privacy, poor UI and fragmentation. Enjoy.

Actually never had a crash on my phone, neither with malware. i just LOVE the new UI. Material design definately feels more right to me than the ios design.
My coworker tried his mavic out the first time, and his iphone just kept crashing and crashing, while i was flying around happily with my android phone. Never had any issues.
2017-7-16
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

K4Unl Posted at 2017-7-16 23:45
Actually never had a crash on my phone, neither with malware. i just LOVE the new UI. Material design definately feels more right to me than the ios design.
My coworker tried his mavic out the first time, and his iphone just kept crashing and crashing, while i was flying around happily with my android phone. Never had any issues.

Good for you. Never had any issues either with my iPhone...

UI on androids is dog sh*t like most of the trashy tacky phones but its each to their own. Guess every Coca-Cola has a Pepsi.
2017-7-17
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drones, guns and ham radios - never EVER get rid of any regardless of how many you get. Remember, he who dies with the most toys wins.
2017-7-17
Use props
K4Unl
lvl.4
Netherlands

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-7-17 16:43
Drones, guns and ham radios - never EVER get rid of any regardless of how many you get. Remember, he who dies with the most toys wins.

Words to live by.
2017-7-17
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
United Kingdom

Why stop at phones and drones? I want to trade in all of my old stuffs for new stuffs.

Alternatively, you can sell them on ebay or gumtree.
2017-7-17
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

strongly agree!I guess all registered members here should get half of the DJI's QA/QC departments yearly sallary because of all the issues testing in our free time instead of theirs.
So many bugs reported, so many FWs released and restrictions installed during the last few months... unfortunatelly without improving the quality significantly.
It seems that there was a real lack of final QC and testing before releasing the Mavic PRO (is it really PRO - btw?).

2017-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules