Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC firmware 1.00.0207 OTG remains enabled
123Next >
7252 81 2017-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matioupi
First Officer
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

Hello,

I just got a firmware update from DJI GO4 for RC to version 1.00.0207.
I've not seen mention if this was a test / internal / beta or a relase firmware.

Notes says :

fix some RC to AC connexion issues
fix ome disconnexion issues at close range
and another line about which I don't remenber but did not

(I can not find the release notes anymore...)

I have upgraded and I started up the system, but I've not flown yet with this new version.
The OTG is NOT disabled in this version, it is working (Android phone, not in the list of phones supposed to be supported) : connexion is possible with phone in plane mode.

Regards

2017-7-13
Use props
Matioupi
First Officer
France

I can see release notes again :
Fixed an issue where the aircraft might disconnect from the remote controller in close range
Fixed an issue where the remote controller could not power off in some situations
Improved aircraft response times when flying with a remote controller
2017-7-13
Use props
realstreetuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Let us know how you go on when you test it out?
2017-7-13
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Subscribed for updates...
2017-7-13
Use props
pingywon13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 63724 ft
United States

Interested in RC response times...
2017-7-13
Use props
fans9ff6d142
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64865 ft
United States

Could you test with OTG and whether custom buttons assignment returns when you reconnect? Current bug with OTG won't keep custom buttons assignment. Wifi is fine.
2017-7-13
Use props
Matioupi
First Officer
France

I did a few more testing on the ground (not flown yet) and here are my finding :

this update does not solve anything about my capability to use the system (AC+RC+Phone) in non OTG mode.
I factory reseted the RC (9 s hold on power)
I reinstalled DJI GO 4
I reset AC Wifi

I paired again AC to RC and finaly connected to RC in Wifi.

AC and RC always do pair (I get the green LED on RC) and the pitch wheel has some effect on the AC. This wether DJI GO4 is started or not

The connexion seems Ok but I never get the Go Fly blue ribbon. I reset the phone, turn off and on everything again. No Blue "Go Fly" Ribbon

I then close DJI GO4 app, switch the phone to plane mode and plug in OTG cable.
I get this popup from android asking for starting DJI GO4. I say yes and then DJI GO 4 starts with Blue Ribbon, I can see the camera image.
The signal picture says 5.8 GHz and this does not seems to be changeable at this point and in this setup.

After power on/off, I'm unable to connect to AC wifi (I guess this is known issue and RC firmware could not deal with this. DJI support, I'll be glad to test AC test firmware too as far as this is an addressed issue)

Those event/Action sequences seems repeatable which mean i'm only able to fly in OTG mode... right now, or with RC only and no app feedback (which is not really acceptable to know if home point is recorded, clibrations ok etc...)
2017-7-13
Use props
cwe0002
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84117 ft
United States

Tried the RC firmware update just now. I flew one battery and had one RC disconnect when the spark was up over 350' above me but it reconnected within seconds. The rest of the flight was perfect, no issues. Time will tell, haven't tried OTG yet, waiting for a cable to come in tomorrow.
2017-7-13
Use props
eylneb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

Hmm weird.. no notice to update
2017-7-13
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-13 07:04
Subscribed for updates...

how did you do that?
2017-7-13
Use props
Daniel-arg
New
France

how do you get the update?
2017-7-13
Use props
pingywon13
Second Officer
United States

Just post to the thread (as you already did) then you will get a notice of more replies....
2017-7-13
Use props
Daniel-arg
New
France

pingywon13 Posted at 2017-7-13 10:09
Just post to the thread (as you already did) then you will get a notice of more replies....

we're talking on getting the firmware updates
2017-7-13
Use props
pingywon13
Second Officer
United States

Daniel-arg Posted at 2017-7-13 10:12
we're talking on getting the firmware updates

They should trickle down automatically when you fire up your drone and your phone app. Or download tha DJI assist2 and plug your drone into a computer
2017-7-13
Use props
Mimus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284770 ft
United States

i will test when i get home. I fly OTG with an iphone.
2017-7-13
Use props
Matioupi
First Officer
France

I just had a short flight in the backyard.

As already said, I found no way to have the wifi setup working (unless this painfull wifi reset each time which I don't want to hear about) and remote to aircraft link is still always in 5.8 GHz.
Phone to RC was in OTG as this is the only way I can have it working.

As for the response time from RC to AC, I can not really tell, I believe there are more "objective" issues and this one was not obvious to me. Maybe it's been easier to land on a small cardboard than on previous flight, but this is ratehr subjective.

As for the remote not powering off, I never met the issue in the first 10 to 15 flights I had before updating. No problem powering off tonight.

As for the short range disconnexion, I met it twice in past (while flying several batteries in a row). It did not show up tonight (but the flight was very short : less than 3-4 minutes)
2017-7-13
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 270840 ft
Czechia

Updated to RC firmware 1.00.0207 and all looks good!
2017-7-13
Use props
Mimus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284770 ft
United States

checked the DJI app and my RC is 01.00.0100 . No update shows available.
2017-7-13
Use props
Drone Man Bob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74488 ft
United States

Same nothing available for me
2017-7-13
Use props
fans7f557b4a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29193 ft
United States

And just how did you update your RC. DJI Assistance 2 ? I see no updates when I log in.
Fred
2017-7-13
Use props
InTheReeds
Second Officer
Flight distance : 347103 ft
United States

Subscribed
2017-7-13
Use props
fans99d24711
lvl.3
United States

No update here either.
2017-7-13
Use props
fans2c49a4ea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148635 ft
  • >>>
United States

I didn't see the new update either.
2017-7-13
Use props
Matioupi
First Officer
France

Bobesh Posted at 2017-7-13 13:37
Updated to RC firmware 1.00.0207 and all looks good!

When you say "all looks good", do you mean regarding the uppdate to the RC or the system (RC+AC) in general ?
I mean, does this update solves wider range of issues than described in the release notes ?
2017-7-13
Use props
LeChuck71
Second Officer
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

Matioupi Posted at 2017-7-13 11:14
I just had a short flight in the backyard.

As already said, I found no way to have the wifi setup working (unless this painfull wifi reset each time which I don't want to hear about) and remote to aircraft link is still always in 5.8 GHz.

Easy way to set your RC to 2.4GHz transmission.
It' not permanent and a "work around" but it does work ;)

Procedure: Set 2.4GHz with RC and OTG cable
2017-7-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Matioupi Posted at 2017-7-13 08:33
I did a few more testing on the ground (not flown yet) and here are my finding :

this update does not solve anything about my capability to use the system (AC+RC+Phone) in non OTG mode.

What mobile device you are using for aircraft? WiFi is connected properly, right? Did you try another one to have a test?
Since RC is linked to AC, then you can not see AC WiFi, which is normal.
2017-7-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Mimus Posted at 2017-7-13 14:50
checked the DJI app and my RC is 01.00.0100 . No update shows available.

The OP upgraded the RC test firmware since he provided us his DJI account.
The official firmware has not been released, please wait patiently, thank you.
2017-7-14
Use props
Matioupi
First Officer
France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-14 01:31
What mobile device you are using for aircraft? WiFi is connected properly, right? Did you try another one to have a test?
Since RC is linked to AC, then you can not see AC WiFi, which is normal.

I'm using a CAT S60 (I know its not in the compatibility list) and realized that its 2.4 GHz WiFi only.

This may single band phone may be the cause of soe issues I tried with other devices and had more succes connecting in non OTG mode.

However, since 2-3 weeks I own the Spark, I only flew with the CAT S60 and RC, in OTG mode and phone in plane mode : wifi + bluetooth Off.
2017-7-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Matioupi Posted at 2017-7-14 02:08
I'm using a CAT S60 (I know its not in the compatibility list) and realized that its 2.4 GHz WiFi only.

This may single band phone may be the cause of soe issues I tried with other devices and had more succes connecting in non OTG mode.

Would you please try another mobile device which in DJI recommended list, which may help us locate where the problem exists and improve its performance.
Appreciate it.
2017-7-14
Use props
Matioupi
First Officer
France

I'll try to find one and test, but I also believe that using a wider range of devices could allow to find out some issues that can not be seen in the reduced list...
In the end, this would make the whole stuff more robust and allow more users to use their devices...

as states the download page for Spark ( http://www.dji.com/fr/spark/info#downloads )

Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.

*Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.

I guess I'm falling in the little note category
2017-7-14
Use props
Matioupi
First Officer
France

Matioupi Posted at 2017-7-14 03:17
I'll try to find one and test, but I also believe that using a wider range of devices could allow to find out some issues that can not be seen in the reduced list...
In the end, this would make the whole stuff more robust and allow more users to use their devices...

I have not tested with a "DJI Recommended" device yet, but I had 2 new flights with my CAT S60 in OTG mode.

I flew 2 batteries in a row, outside temp is around 23°C (800m AMSL).

I was in a mood for testing and went 350 m away from the RC (5.8 GHz). This was the max distance I had setup in the app before flight.
During first flight, I had a stable link all the time. During second flight, the link started to flicker at max distance. At some point link got lost for a while and when recovered, AC had started a RTH (good !)
I shortenned second flight before low battery because birds stareted to get very curious (angry ?).
First swallows got playing around the drone. I flew a bit further and then a kind of buzzard took a ticket to play with my nerves... (I'm in a wild place !)

One feedback i'd like to provide from those first flights is about RC commands sensitivity.
The yaw axis for the Spark is way too sensitive in my opinion... Especially in sport mode. I tryed this mode to quickly go far away from me, this is working. It would be nice to have an option to limit the yaw rate...

As regards gimbal pitch wheel, it is way too sensitive too. An extra setting to limit pitch speed would be nice either.

I have not tryed all the fancy modes such as gesture, follow me etc. I hope those feedbacks helps.
2017-7-14
Use props
TellyWise
lvl.1
United States

eylneb Posted at 2017-7-13 08:47
Hmm weird.. no notice to update

I've had no notices either...  BUT if I'm on the old firmware, I must be trying the use the OTG method incorrectly.
Is it supposed to only give you "ATTI flying mode"?  I never seem to connect to satellites.
2017-7-14
Use props
Byrd's Loft
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48320 ft
United States

My understanding is that DJI is pushing out .0207 to people who have reported RC disconnect bia their DJI account. Once that happens, when you open Go4 app, the update appears there.  I updated mine and flew some with the RC on .0207 firmware yesterday. I need to fly again to verify what I experienced during yesterday's checks and then I'll post feedback.
2017-7-14
Use props
BigBear
Second Officer
Flight distance : 672904 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi, I have updated too.  However, the OTG mode is no longer be able to use after the update.  My mobile device are iPhone 6.  Is it normal?  Thanks
2017-7-14
Use props
Bradders
Second Officer
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

OTG Cable is disabled for me with the iPhone 6 Plus,
2017-7-14
Use props
Matioupi
First Officer
France

A new range test with this RC firmware (OTG on android phone) :

I reached about 500 m average in 5.8 GHz but I have a (maybe unrelated) corrupted video file on the SD card...

http://forum.dji.com/thread-104608-1-1.html
2017-7-14
Use props
steezy
New
Flight distance : 56519 ft
United States

Byrd's Loft Posted at 2017-7-14 06:46
My understanding is that DJI is pushing out .0207 to people who have reported RC disconnect bia their DJI account. Once that happens, when you open Go4 app, the update appears there.  I updated mine and flew some with the RC on .0207 firmware yesterday. I need to fly again to verify what I experienced during yesterday's checks and then I'll post feedback.

How do you report it via your DJI account?
2017-7-14
Use props
Byrd's Loft
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48320 ft
United States

steezy Posted at 2017-7-14 13:59
How do you report it via your DJI account?

I replied on a thread like this one regarding my RC disconnect issue a week or so ago and then responded to the DJI admin who asked for my data upload and email address. The test FW showed up in my DJI Go4 app recently.
2017-7-14
Use props
virtguy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229596 ft
United States

In the event that the official release disables OTG, is there a way to prevent the DJI Go app from checking for firmware updates, or do you just have to ignore the upgrade prompt?  And would it be recommended to stop updating the DJI Go app as well?  I have a retired iPhone 5S and iPad Mini 2 that I'm using for my Spark, so I can just disable all app updates on them if needed so it doesn't accidentally get updated.
2017-7-14
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 270840 ft
Czechia

So my issues were mostly resolved by beta firmware. That is a good thing. Unfortunately it disables OTG connection on iOS. It still works on Android tho.
2017-7-15
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules