Inspire 2 bad yaw with last update.
774 8 2017-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Anyone notice the stubborn non-stop yaw in the I2 as it seems to keep spinning slowly when off the stick?  It might go 90 degrees or more before it stops.

Noticed today that at one point while hovering, one prop was 25 dgrees downward as it sat there.  Bad tilt somewhere so I'll do another IMU calibration.  Horizon was level though so I don't know why it hovered with the tilt like it did.  It eventually leveled out with a bit more flying so that relieved my concern of landing it with one leg tilted down ahead of the others.

It has some odd quirks.  Refresh is now showing "None" on my screen for the RC unit too since the last update for it, but they warn you on installing all the firmware of no rollback or reset.

Ugh!

2017-7-14
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Check your camera gimbal setting....gimbal yaw EXP...this should be set to zero.
2017-7-14
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3620226 ft
Australia

I think you'll find there are known issues with the latest update. They are currently working on fixes.
2017-7-14
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-7-14 06:34
Check your camera gimbal setting....gimbal yaw EXP...this should be set to zero.

Thanks!  Found it buried deeper in the gimbal settings (Small umarked right arrow >) under three configurations.  Hopefully that will stop the spinning bird.  I'll try it out next week.

Someone needs to write a "GO 4 for Dummies" book, except it would be wrong someplace in the next GO version.
2017-7-14
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Nah the dummies should just leave a good thing alone...

Now try finding the FOV tilt option in the app...
2017-7-14
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Ya, you're lucky it was just your gimbal yaw.

My yaw is completely broken. I can't turn the bird at all.
2017-7-26
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-7-26 18:37
Ya, you're lucky it was just your gimbal yaw.

My yaw is completely broken. I can't turn the bird at all.

Have you calibrated the RC sticks with the I2 off?  Maybe the yaw one is not active or calibrated?

I've seen some odd response from mine at times doing the stick cal.  Sometimes it takes a couple of tries and then redoing it until the blue radiating lines come out of the center smoothly and not at all or jumping like mad.  On the final cal. I rotate the stick in a circle to see how the blue lines alternate and move out smoothly.

2017-7-27
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-7-27 07:17
Have you calibrated the RC sticks with the I2 off?  Maybe the yaw one is not active or calibrated?

I've seen some odd response from mine at times doing the stick cal.  Sometimes it takes a couple of tries and then redoing it until the blue radiating lines come out of the center smoothly and not at all or jumping like mad.  On the final cal. I rotate the stick in a circle to see how the blue lines alternate and move out smoothly.

The problem for me was in the sensitivity settings for the aircraft. Somehow, the gimbal yaw sensitivity was set at 100 after the latest updates. And that was what made it have so many issues. Turning that down to about 25 did the trick.

I think maybe with the updates and/or new settings (or combinations of dependent settings), there might be mistakes in defaults or converting previous settings ... not sure if that makes any sense.

Anyways, it was a bit difficult for me to deal with this, because the advanced settings are not well documented for DJI GO 4 app.
2017-7-27
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-7-27 17:14
The problem for me was in the sensitivity settings for the aircraft. Somehow, the gimbal yaw sensitivity was set at 100 after the latest updates. And that was what made it have so many issues. Turning that down to about 25 did the trick.

I think maybe with the updates and/or new settings (or combinations of dependent settings), there might be mistakes in defaults or converting previous settings ... not sure if that makes any sense.

I recall someone said to set a couple of the yaw EP settings to zero.  They were at 100 on mine too I think.

Mine was slow to stop yawing though.  It would start, but would go maybe 90 degrees further than I wanted it to.  I had to go the other ways on th stick too much to get it back or to stop yawing.

Agree that the documentation on many of the settings is poor.  A version may change the behavior, or they add some new one and nothing about what it does.
2017-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules