Hoover App and invisable NFZ?
690 5 2017-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Everlast556
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40390 ft
United States

I've been trying to use different apps to make sure I am flying in a compliant manner. I found the B4UFly app slow, buggy and always telling me I'm in a restricted area since it considered every single heliipad an airport.

I've been using Hover lately which seems to be a quicker, easier app. One thing I do like about B4UFly that Hover doesn't seem to do is explain why you're in a NFZ. Case in point, according to the map and TFRs, I should not currently be in a NFZ or restircted area. I'm outside of the airport zone and the stadium TFRs near by are not even close to their active time. So why does it tell me I am in a NFZ?

IMG_0688.PNG
IMG_0689.PNG
2017-7-14
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

That TFR is definitely active. Maybe I don't understand the question.
2017-7-14
Use props
Everlast556
lvl.2
United States

ephektz Posted at 2017-7-14 06:52
That TFR is definitely active. Maybe I don't understand the question.

How (or maybe more accuratly, why) is it active? the stadium related TFRs start an hour before the event and end an hour after. It's not even 10AM when I posted the screenshot. In TFR from screen shot you can see it doesn't start until 6:10PM. That's over 8 hours away from time of posting. Should not be a NFZ at this time.
2017-7-14
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

The question is... could you fly at 10:21 or did the djigo4 app prevent you from doing so?
2017-7-14
Use props
Everlast556
lvl.2
United States

Tombolian Posted at 2017-7-14 07:25
The question is... could you fly at 10:21 or did the djigo4 app prevent you from doing so?

I did not attempt to fly. I was just consulting the Hover App to check. This thread is about this specific issue (which has occurs more than once) with Hover, not with DJI Go. Just because DJI allows you to take off does not mean you're not in a TFR area or NFZ.
2017-7-14
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

Everlast556 Posted at 2017-7-14 07:25
I did not attempt to fly. I was just consulting the Hover App to check. This thread is about this specific issue (which has occurs more than once) with Hover, not with DJI Go. Just because DJI allows you to take off does not mean you're not in a TFR area or NFZ.

Couldn't agree more, but if your app shows that the hours of the TNF are outside of when you check, you should be good-to-go, imho.  Personally, I'd fly until somebody asked questions, then I'd show them my evidence and ask for theirs.  Granted, you don't want to do this with law-enforcement officers, but I've no reason to believe that they would be upset as long as you keep civil.
I think the app shows the NFZ because it's not smart enough to read the hours on the TNF.  If the TNF is on the map, I suspect, it will show as NFZ.
2017-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules