Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why all the negativity?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Montana Hank
lvl.3
Flight distance : 52457 ft
  • >>>
United States

I own a P3 Pro, a P4 Pro, an S900, and a Mavic Pro and I enjoy flying all of them, except for the S900 due to the amount of work involved, and thoroughly enjoy them.  When I visit this forum, however, all I see are negative posts.`. DJI repair has always been fair with me, albeit slower than I would like.   They always replaced my items at no cost or sent my units back repaired and in good condition.  Immediate gratification is nice, but it is not always possible.  Slow down and give the engineers and techs time to do their jobs and stop whining.  You will be happier and un-rushed techs will do a better job.  Cheers.
2017-7-14
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Vocal minority issue of people visiting just to get help with their aircraft. Especially on a manufacturer's forum, it's to be expected.
2017-7-14
Use props
Maxi3D
Captain
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

It could coincide with DJI cracking down on modification and hacking of their quadcopters, and enforcement of the software upgrades, but that just my tin hat speaking.
2017-7-14
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Hank,

Mahalo for the good thread.  As Joe said, "It is to be expected."  It just is not justifiable or necessary.  In fact it can be very counter-productive.  

Venting negativity is such a waste of time.  It only serves as a catharsis for most of those venting because they do not understand what is happening.  Many others who do support negative vents are sucked in because they think there is substance there but really have on idea.  When things get explained properly, they often come around and let the voice of reason prevail.

Unfortunately we also live in a culture where so many prefer to shoot first and ask questions later.
The important point is that this Forum serves a really good and necessary service.  The importance and positives of this Forum make suffering the rude and unnecessary venting bearable.

Mahalo again!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-14 14:20
Aloha Hank,

Mahalo for the good thread.  As Joe said, "It is to be expected."  It just is not justifiable or necessary.  In fact it can be very counter-productive.  

' The importance and positives of this Forum make suffering the rude and unnecessary venting bearable.'

Yeah, but it is a fine line. Some days you just get tired of being called an asslicker one moment and thanked for solving a problem for someone else the next.
2017-7-14
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-14 14:59
' The importance and positives of this Forum make suffering the rude and unnecessary venting bearable.'

Yeah, but it is a fine line. Some days you just get tired of being called an asslicker one moment and thanked for solving a problem for someone else the next.

That art of being a good adviser.  I remember one thread a dud lost his drone in New York and went around accusing people of stealing it.  Lo and behold a member of the forum told him that his drone was probably in a certain location on a rooftop after analyzing his flight logs.   Well the dude flies another drone to the spot and dang, there was his drone on the rooftop of the building.  However there was a lot of huffing and puffing going on by the dude about how it was everyone else's fault he flew his drone behind a towering building and lost RC connection to the drone.

Or the guy who flew his drone into a river from 1600 feet away at 5 foot above the water and blamed his putting it into the water on DJI.  He forget to mention he could not see that far really and he flew behind the bridges pylon and actually could not see he drone.  It took him a long time and lots of discussions to accept it was his own inputs on the remote control that put his drone in the water.
2017-7-14
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-14 14:59

Aloha Geebax,

No argument there!  It is really sad when those who do not understand what is happening feel they have to strike out against those who do understand.  You and other like-minded Forum regulars hold everyone to task, including DJI.  You and others are the voice of reason and experience that is so valuable and appreciated on this Forum.

Mahalo for your efforts, even if it seems like your efforts are not appreciated at times.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-15
Use props
Art - N4PJ
First Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

"Or the guy who flew his drone into a river from 1600 feet away..."

Yes, I felt the same way when a guy wrote the other day about losing track of his quad when it was 1 1/2 miles away. Granted, at my age, my vision isn't what it
used to be. But, even when I was much younger, I'm pretty certain I would never have been able to maintain LOS at 1 1/2 miles!

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2017-7-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

No matter how valuable you are and your ideas, fools will certainly play both of you down, so exclude yourselves from the inflammatory environs of fools.”
2017-7-15
Use props
embayweather
Captain
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I fullly agree but its hard to do when there are still politicians

2017-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules