Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Android app crashes every few mins: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
2398 8 2017-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Donalbain
lvl.2
Flight distance : 208504 ft

Germany

Hi!

I use the remote via OTG to connect my Oneplus One with LineageOS (Android 7.1.2) to the Spark, with works fine in terms of connectivity … BUT …

The DJI Go 4 App crashes ALL THE TIME. I have at least 3-4 crashes during 12 Minutes flight. Every flight! The app is horribly broken.

The error logs are not identical, but they usually start with java.lang.OutOfMemoryError pthread_create (1040KB stack) failed: Try again

This also sometimes happen when I'm not flying, but only reviewing the flight logs. Also I noticed that the phone heats up rapidly and battery usage of this app is extreme. Sometimes 40 to 60% loss per hour. I tried to delete cache, user data, re-installed the app, started it as only app in flight mode, no progress …

I put all the error logs in my dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sre01a0snyupcgk/AACYpzVUG5xpcbwZCsYzdJsLa?dl=0

(The connection to the Spark works so far, fortunatly, It just stays in the air until the app is restarted or I can move with the RC alone)

Please, DJI, fix this! In the few minutes when everything works, it's really great.
2017-7-14
Use props
Donalbain
lvl.2

Germany

Looking at the app reviews in the Google Play Store it seems like I'm not alone. Many users report constant crashes of the app, setting the score for the app to a record low of 2.7/5! That's really bad.

In order to not treat DJI unjustly I wiped my phone and installed everything new and try the app again on a fresh android …

And lo and behold: It crashed before I even tried to connect to the RC. It crashed after 1 minute while replaying flight logs. Yep, it's that bad.

DJI, please get your act together and fix that catastrophy of an app soon!
2017-7-17
Use props
fansf656ad73
New
Germany

Exactly the same here, OutOfMemoryError any time the app is running for more than a few minutes.
Running the app on OnePlus One, Lineageos 14.1, Android 7.1.2

I've already contacted the DJI support but they said they cannot really help because the OnePlus One is not an officially compatible device. They promised however to forward any error logs that are sent to support.eu@dji.com to the developer team. For anyone interested, I've recorded the crash using adb catlog, the actual crash can be found at line 2448:
https://1drv.ms/t/s!AtnJzpRVXfjVryDujAKH0q_ZDfIX
2017-7-21
Use props
Marco M.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18655 ft
Italy

fansf656ad73 Posted at 2017-7-21 10:24
Exactly the same here, OutOfMemoryError any time the app is running for more than a few minutes.
Running the app on OnePlus One, Lineageos 14.1, Android 7.1.2

Same problem: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError!
Oneplus One, Lineageos 14.1 Android 7.1.2
AC, RC, GO App: all with latest versions.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz7pfwMlsuUybG1JNTJ3TEVwS0E
2017-8-4
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

try closing all apps and do a reclaim memory  n try...
2017-8-4
Use props
Adomolis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219219 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Lineage OS. Surprise suprise.
seriously though, you just CANT expect DJI to optimize their software for every random iteration of the Android out there you know...
Whats more, LineageOS is in constant development and if the build is "stable" it doesnt mean it is without bugs too.  Im using DJI app on 3 of my different make devices and they all run flawlessly.
2017-8-4
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Is your phone supported! I use galaxy s8+ no problems
2017-8-4
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

One plus one is under specced honestly its an old phone. Dji go 4 is a hungry app your phone just could not handle it. My nexus 6p barely did. Now  my galaxy s8+ no problems
2017-8-4
Use props
Donalbain
lvl.2

Sri Lanka

@Adomolis and @$gambino$ your condescending comments do not help. Every other app works fine on my Oneplus One and LineageOS. The Oneplus One had top hardware just three years ago and now it's "underspecced"? Gimme a break! You shouldn't buy into such marketing crap from phone companies. I flew my spark with my daughters Nexus 4 without any crashes. A five year old middle of the road phone …

Also: with the last software and firmware update I got uninterrupted flights with no crashes at all. So much for funny comments about "underspecced hardware" and "LineageOS".
2017-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules