Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mavic dead after firmware update
2954 25 2017-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Solvstrom
lvl.1
Sweden

Hi

This is extremely disapointing. I tried to update my Mavic, and now sitting with a drone that's not working, on the first day of my vacation.

I tried to updated the firmware via the remote, but it failed. The drone woulnd't turn off, and the battery is showing two green lights in the middle. I tried with a fresh battery, but nothing is working. The remote just says Connecting. The drone turns on, but the fans are not working, so it just sits and get's really really warm.

I tried to download the DJI Assistant 2, but that's not working either. I've tried to connect both the drone and remote, with different cables, but nothing works. It just shows me the splash screen with the circular illustration. I don't have PC, so I can't try on that.

This is so disappointing that a software update like that can kill the entire drone. It was working perfectly fine before, and not i'm sitting here with a dead drone on the first day of my vacation

Hope something can help me so i don't have to send it in.
2017-7-14
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hate sounding like a broken record but as you said" it worked perfectly fine before" why on earth would anyone want to fix something that ain't broke? I upgrade my quads to the point that there are no issues and that's were I stay.
2017-7-14
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

another thing to avoid is.. update firmware JUST before holiday and even worst during holidays !  it sucks i know.. and i hope you'll get it fixed !
2017-7-14
Use props
fansebe6d269
New
Russia

After last update i got VISION SYSTEM ERROR, and "AIRCRAFT CORE IS OVERAHEATED". Vision system error was fixed by calibration with DJI ASSISTANT 2.
2017-7-14
Use props
fansebe6d269
New
Russia

fansebe6d269 Posted at 2017-7-14 13:57
After last update i got VISION SYSTEM ERROR, and "AIRCRAFT CORE IS OVERAHEATED". Vision system error was fixed by calibration with DJI ASSISTANT 2.

Why the aircraft is heating and cooling doesn't work?
2017-7-14
Use props
Solvstrom
lvl.1
Sweden

Yeah, looking back updating just before going on vacation was probably a bad idea. I just had no idea, that a product that expensive could be taken out by a firmware update? This sounds absolutely crazy to me!  I've tried everything, aircraft is not being seen by DJI Assistant 2, so i don't have the chance to downgrade. What a gigantic bummer DJI!
2017-7-14
Use props
SRO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2405174 ft
Switzerland

You know nobody with a PC? Think a downgrade is the fastest solution. The problem is very annoying. Good luck!
2017-7-14
Use props
fans754673b7
lvl.1

United States

The last update is turning out to be a nightmare for many of us. Mt forward vision sensors have failed and dji Assistant 2 is turning out to be a bad joke. Keeps telling me to reboot my aircraft. I even downgraded my software to see if that would help, but no luck. Hope all works out for all of us. Come on DJI, help,
2017-7-15
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

Solvstrom Posted at 2017-7-14 22:19
Yeah, looking back updating just before going on vacation was probably a bad idea. I just had no idea, that a product that expensive could be taken out by a firmware update? This sounds absolutely crazy to me!  I've tried everything, aircraft is not being seen by DJI Assistant 2, so i don't have the chance to downgrade. What a gigantic bummer DJI!

Have you tried connecting remote to PC and turning both on ? If you can get assistant 2 to see the RC it might fix the mavic issue if that's powered on also

Edit: ahhh you don't have a pc ....that could be tricky to resolve in that case...
2017-7-15
Use props
fans6431a135
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148917 ft
United States

Try the solution in this thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-78006-1-1.html
2017-7-15
Use props
Solvstrom
lvl.1
Denmark

I got hold of a pc, but no luck. I did manage to get into the remote via the DJI Assistant 2, but i can't get into the aircraft which seems to be the problem.
2017-7-16
Use props
Erick705
lvl.2

Canada

Launch your DJI GO 4 app, on the screen where you would click "Enter Aircraft", long press the upper right menu for  2-3 seconds. Make sure you selected the Mavic from the pulldown menu and not Spark.  You should be able to HOPEFULLY downgrade from there.
2017-7-16
Use props
Solvstrom
lvl.1
Denmark

No luck unfortunately. It's like the Mavic and RC is not communicating at all. I can install the firmware for the RC, but nothing happens to the Mavic. I can also connect the RC to the DJI Assistant 2 and upgrade and downgrade, but it doesn't affect the aircraft at all. When trying to plug that into the computer, it just doesn't show up.
2017-7-16
Use props
Erick705
lvl.2

Canada

Try rebinding the controller to the aircraft.  Are you using the short usb cable that came with the drone?
2017-7-16
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Solvstrom Posted at 2017-7-16 08:41
No luck unfortunately. It's like the Mavic and RC is not communicating at all. I can install the firmware for the RC, but nothing happens to the Mavic. I can also connect the RC to the DJI Assistant 2 and upgrade and downgrade, but it doesn't affect the aircraft at all. When trying to plug that into the computer, it just doesn't show up.

If I were you, I would start from scratch.

Recharge all batteries to 100%, uninstall DJI GO 4 from your phone, restart your phone and reinstall DJI GO 4. Make sure you're signed in with your e-mail account.
Then start the RC/phone combo before your Mavic.
Now start your Mavic and note the Aircraft Status Indicator lights on the tail of your Mavic.
Look up the meaning of those lights on page 12 of the Mavic Pro manual.

Try to update the firmware again, IF (!) all seems well.
2017-7-16
Use props
Solvstrom
lvl.1
Denmark

Erick705 Posted at 2017-7-16 09:25
Try rebinding the controller to the aircraft.  Are you using the short usb cable that came with the drone?

When you say rebinding, what do you mean?

I've tried the following.

RC to Mac: Works fine, i'm able to see it in DJI Assistant 2
Mavic to Mac and PC: Nothing

Mavic to RC to computer. Again, seems like it's only the RC that's being found.

Holding down the menu in the upper right corner, i've been able to downgrade to .800 but it still looks like it's only the remote.
2017-7-16
Use props
fans59b5657d
New
Flight distance : 1696 ft
United States

I am having the same problem. I upgraded last night, download took hours.  Had to recharge batteries to upgrade the firmware. Firmware upgrade got to 92 percent and failed with an error.
2017-7-18
Use props
fans59b5657d
New
United States

Upgrade message says if it fails turnoff drone and controller and retry. The drone wouldn't turn off, and the battery is showing two green lights in the middle, no idea what that means.  You said "tried a fresh battery" and it didn't help, now I am worried.  I flew my new drone twice in two days and just bought the DJI Care refresh.  Now this!
2017-7-18
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25371 ft
United Kingdom

This is how the story goes.. you try to fix the drone yourself (firmware), you think you fixed it, it fly away or crashes, DJI have your money, you have a controller and some scrap plastic, DJI shrug responsibility. Send it in for repair!
2017-7-18
Use props
fans59b5657d
New
United States

Retailer accepts returns within this period, so I returned  it.  Undecided about repurchase of another one, I liked it but hesitant.
2017-7-18
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fans59b5657d Posted at 2017-7-18 09:44
Retailer accepts returns within this period, so I returned  it.  Undecided about repurchase of another one, I liked it but hesitant.

I wish i coould do the same, i wanted to helpful and attempted find a workaround, i was successfull however the firmware issues lead to other connectivity issues. I would seriously consider competitors. DJI have the manopoly and consequently have very little time for their customers. Ths first few weeks it worked well.
2017-7-18
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fans59b5657d Posted at 2017-7-18 09:44

I would look at competitors as they will value your business.
2017-7-18
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

fans59b5657d Posted at 2017-7-18 07:46
Upgrade message says if it fails turnoff drone and controller and retry. The drone wouldn't turn off, and the battery is showing two green lights in the middle, no idea what that means.  You said "tried a fresh battery" and it didn't help, now I am worried.  I flew my new drone twice in two days and just bought the DJI Care refresh.  Now this!

These threads will interest you:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-78006-1-1.html
http://forum.dji.com/thread-80519-1-1.html
2017-7-18
Use props
fans59b5657d
New
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-7-18 12:50
These threads will interest you:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-78006-1-1.html
http://forum.dji.com/thread-80519-1-1.html

Thanks for links to other threads, second looks most useful, I am tempted to return to store and see if I can repurchase the old one I returned since I had the care refresh on it.
Thanks again, I may follow up on this thread again.
2017-7-18
Use props
fansbb762595
New
South Africa

Solvstrom Posted at 2017-7-16 12:55
When you say rebinding, what do you mean?

I've tried the following.

HI, I just had the same issue that you had. my drone would not connect to RC or PC after incomplete firmware update. How did you solve? Thanks
2017-9-9
Use props
rogermavic
New
Flight distance : 48389 ft
Brazil

Solvstrom Posted at 2017-7-16 08:41

this happen to me, but my RC was the problem.. not the Mavic!! i tried everything possible for 1 week, took to 2 dji dealer !! nothing could bring my RC to connect with assistance or the aircraft!! ended buying new remote controller!!!
the should have a DFU mode to bring RC or MP to life again!!

all because i had a bad upgrade
2017-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules