permanent beginner mode after update.
1739 12 2017-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Resqme49
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8773 ft
United States

I updated my drone to the new update and now it is in permanent beginners mode. It wont let me fly above 98 feet and about the same away from me. I have gone into settings and there is no distance restrictions and height is set to 400 feet (120M). I have tried it in beginners mode and switched back. Turn it off and on. I dunno. For the most sophisticated drone on the market, this is starting to suck. Any ideas?

2017-7-14
Use props
djordan2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

I read something somewhere, I don't remember where, that after a particular firmware update you had to register again or do something to remove the high and range restriction.  It you did not do it, you were limited in altitude and range.  It might be as simple as logging in again to the App program.  I just can't remember now.  But don't worry, it's not a permanent thing.  You'll figure it out.
2017-7-14
Use props
Resqme49
lvl.1
United States

Im trying to re-log in now to the DJI go app. Hopefully this helps.
2017-7-14
Use props
Resqme49
lvl.1
United States

Logged in again, powered everything down, restarted everything and it didnt work. Did that a few times. It logs the flights too. Max flight alt is 98 feet and max distance is 160 feet.
2017-7-14
Use props
Resqme49
lvl.1
United States

I think it may be an out of date app? Tried my cellphone and it worked. I am going to delete and reinstall the app on my tablet to see if that fixed it on there.
2017-7-14
Use props
Daveb500
lvl.3
Flight distance : 191742 ft
United Kingdom

You need to be connected to the internet to log into your dji account and resync your flight data. That will lift the flight restrictions. You only need to do this once after the update. So do it at home before going out into the field to fly.
2017-7-14
Use props
phantom_of_the_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90459 ft
United Kingdom

Daveb500 Posted at 2017-7-14 23:45
You need to be connected to the internet to log into your dji account and resync your flight data. That will lift the flight restrictions. You only need to do this once after the update. So do it at home before going out into the field to fly.

I think this is correct. Im also pretty sure the App tells you this before the upgrade. I definitely remember being warned of this exact thing somewhere in the update process.
2017-7-15
Use props
LGC
New
United States

phantom_of_the_ Posted at 2017-7-15 05:21
I think this is correct. Im also pretty sure the App tells you this before the upgrade. I definitely remember being warned of this exact thing somewhere in the update process.

Have tried all above items still will not fly above 96 feet, any other ideas or steps to complete?  
Thank you all
LGC
2017-7-15
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

To what version of Go and FW had you upgraded now? And did you disable the beginner mode for sure yet?
2017-7-15
Use props
Resqme49
lvl.1
United States

Yup. I was trying to use my tablet. I tried my cellphone and it worked. So I went to the app store on my tablet and updated to the new version. You may have to delete and reinstall the Go app.
2017-7-15
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

For android the Go app 3.1.18 is the latest version.
2017-7-16
Use props
ecrins
New
Netherlands

Experienced same problem after updating phantom 4 with new update v02.00.0106. Looking also for solution.
2017-7-23
Use props
ecrins
New
Netherlands

ecrins Posted at 2017-7-23 08:44
Experienced same problem after updating phantom 4 with new update v02.00.0106. Looking also for solution.

solution found. After update the firmware of the aircraft, the new app of DJI for iPad has to be downloaded. Seems DJI has improved and refreshed the functions in the app. Old app is not working correctly I have experienced. Now it working fine and can continue flying the Phantom 4 drone.
2017-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules