My Neck of the Woods
906 17 2017-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Just a no-frills video. If the link works...

2017-7-15
Use props
smig
lvl.2
United Kingdom

nice area that... river mersey from mine not very good as I have only flew it a few times ...

2017-7-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job nice scenery.
2017-7-15
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

Thanks! The scenery is wonderful, in my opinion, but I still have a long road to walk before making a really decent video... First of all, I should get a new computer with more juice than this old MacBookPro, then get a video editor (I have seen many suggestions here) and then begin filming in 4K... Next time I'll try to include the wolfhounds -they are not very cooperative with flying objects, they think it's a flying hare and want to chase it.
2017-7-15
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

smig Posted at 2017-7-15 06:14
nice area that... river mersey from mine not very good as I have only flew it a few times ...

river mersey

Nice place! -Is the ferry still crossing it?  I'm a beginner too. I used the POI mode to shoot the panorama view. I have a big body of water not far from me, the Limfjord firth (northern Jutland) but can't fly there as it is a protected area  and cannot be overflown at less than 300 meters AGL (birds nesting, tons of seagulls, swans, wild geese. -please do not disturb), which is more than the allowed altitude here (100 meters AGL)
2017-7-15
Use props
smig
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-15 07:32
Nice place! -Is the ferry still crossing it?  I'm a beginner too. I used the POI mode to shoot the panorama view. I have a big body of water not far from me, the Limfjord firth (northern Jutland) but can't fly there as it is a protected area  and cannot be overflown at less than 300 meters AGL (birds nesting, tons of seagulls, swans, wild geese. -please do not disturb), which is more than the allowed altitude here (100 meters AGL)

yeah still going there is another mini cruise now going from there to llandudno in wales too, cant go too far to the mersey or too high when near it as mersey is a well used flight path for liverpool airport. pitty I would love to try cross over to the other side of the mersey see if drone will reach as its about 1.5 mile across from near mine
2017-7-15
Use props
smig
lvl.2
United Kingdom

seems someone beat me to it with the mavic haha

2017-7-15
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-15 07:26
Thanks! The scenery is wonderful, in my opinion, but I still have a long road to walk before making a really decent video... First of all, I should get a new computer with more juice than this old MacBookPro, then get a video editor (I have seen many suggestions here) and then begin filming in 4K... Next time I'll try to include the wolfhounds -they are not very cooperative with flying objects, they think it's a flying hare and want to chase it.

Try this "free" video editor: https://www.shotcut.org/  It has all the basic features and many advanced as well.

It's great to make/shoot in 1080. If you want a little more resolution try 2k or 2.5k there is not so processor hungry .

Regards Leif.
2017-7-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-15 07:26

Look forward to that, be careful when landing, if the hounds get it it won't be long before it's outside VLOS . Lol
2017-7-15
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-15 08:43
Look forward to that, be careful when landing, if the hounds get it it won't be long before it's outside VLOS . Lol

Ah, I always take off from a table, and land on it with the hounds elsewhere... They are tall enough to snatch it from the table without even raising their heads, LOL!
2017-7-15
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

Landbo Posted at 2017-7-15 08:15
Try this "free" video editor: https://www.shotcut.org/  It has all the basic features and many advanced as well.

It's great to make/shoot in 1080. If you want a little more resolution try 2k or 2.5k there is not so processor hungry .

Thanks, I'll try it.I have used iMovie sofar, for low res movies, but I want to upgrade a bit
2017-7-15
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

smig Posted at 2017-7-15 08:12
seems someone beat me to it with the mavic haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMQlCjXmZV0

LOL, all of a sudden I remembered a song from my youth, when I was sailing quite a lot... It's a song from the old sail ships era, and the title is The Dreadnough. She sailed between Liverpool and NewYork :
"O, the Dreadnought is waiting in the Mersey so free,
Waiting for the Independence to tow her to sea;
For around that Rock Light where the Mersey does flow,
Bound away in the Dreadnought, to the westward we'll go."

And, of course, the song about  The Ferry Across the Mersey...but that is more recent
2017-7-15
Use props
smig
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I know ferry but other is way older than me haha
2017-7-15
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

smig Posted at 2017-7-15 10:14
I know ferry but other is way older than me haha

I helped writing the other one... I'm THAT old
2017-7-15
Use props
dewein
Second Officer
Flight distance : 157746 ft
United States

First, let me say Thanks So Much for your assistance during my DJI "birth by fire".  

Thanks for sharing your "neck of the woods" video.  It looks like a great place to call home.  Were you using a ND8 or ND16 filter?  I'd like to pick your brain more about general technical stuff but first, about your video...   Those appear to be strips of concrete but they also seem to have characteristics of the rock or stone around San Antonio.  The abrupt ending which appears first says they are not roads.  Perhaps an old or weathered concrete runway?  There's a smaller similar strip that enters from the left about 1:40m in.  What is it I'm seeing?
2017-8-14
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

dewein Posted at 2017-8-14 05:29
First, let me say Thanks So Much for your assistance during my DJI "birth by fire".  

Thanks for sharing your "neck of the woods" video.  It looks like a great place to call home.  Were you using a ND8 or ND16 filter?  I'd like to pick your brain more about general technical stuff but first, about your video...   Those appear to be strips of concrete but they also seem to have characteristics of the rock or stone around San Antonio.  The abrupt ending which appears first says they are not roads.  Perhaps an old or weathered concrete runway?  There's a smaller similar strip that enters from the left about 1:40m in.  What is it I'm seeing?

Hi there, I am quite a newbie myself, and learning mostly by reading the threads on the forum...
If you mean those whitish / gray stripes in the fields, they are thin plastic films used to protect vegetables while they are growing  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_mulch :-)
I did not use any filters, just used Auto for the settings, and made sure that not too much sky was in the field of view of the camera , by tilting the gimbal a little downwards. (I am just starting playing with the camera...)
2017-8-14
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Enjoyed watching all.  Thanks!
2017-8-14
Use props
dewein
Second Officer
Flight distance : 157746 ft
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-8-14 06:44
Hi there, I am quite a newbie myself, and learning mostly by reading the threads on the forum...
If you mean those whitish / gray stripes in the fields, they are thin plastic films used to protect vegetables while they are growing  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_mulch :-)
I did not use any filters, just used Auto for the settings, and made sure that not too much sky was in the field of view of the camera , by tilting the gimbal a little downwards. (I am just starting playing with the camera...)

Oh duh.  Makes sense.  We have odd rock (limestone) formations here that look very similar.

Cheers
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules