stuck in beginners mode
6466 15 2017-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
townsendfrank
lvl.2
Flight distance : 231171 ft

United States

I recently upgraded app to 3.1.3 and FW to 1.9.20 and have had 8 trouble free flights.Then yesterday
I had a bad encounter with a very tall big tree.The crash was bad but drone made it to the ground.The camera was
turned 180" to the right but I was able to force it back.Every thing works fine except it is stuck in beginners mode.I
have checked MC and it is not in beginners and have the RTH 110 m and max distance 450m.Any ideas what I can do.
This is one tough bird.I hope the crash did not mess something up in the AC
2017-7-15
Use props
gludy6
New
United Kingdom

I have the same problem - beginner mode is not set but after upgrading I am stuck in it.
2017-7-18
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Did you log out and log in again over the Go app yet?
2017-7-18
Use props
revmatt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 416004 ft
Canada

Peterx Posted at 2017-7-18 11:28
Did you log out and log in again over the Go app yet?

I updated the firmware - probably should not have, and ever since cannot change the restrictions. I enter new data, eg. 90 meters, or 500 distance, the app says the change was successful, but the bird still only flies to about beginner mode distance and height. I logged out and in.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app on an android device.  I had the app on a tablet as well, and took it off there in case of conflict.  And nothing has helped.  Can't do much in the way of flying this way.  
Can we roll back the firmware?
Looks the like this one may become a shelf queen.
sigh.
thanks for any help.
2017-7-18
Use props
SourCaffeine
lvl.1

United States

revmatt Posted at 2017-7-18 16:42
I updated the firmware - probably should not have, and ever since cannot change the restrictions. I enter new data, eg. 90 meters, or 500 distance, the app says the change was successful, but the bird still only flies to about beginner mode distance and height. I logged out and in.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app on an android device.  I had the app on a tablet as well, and took it off there in case of conflict.  And nothing has helped.  Can't do much in the way of flying this way.  
Can we roll back the firmware?
Looks the like this one may become a shelf queen.

I have this exact same problem.

Settings tell me I am not in beginner mode and have set limits well beyond beginner mode.

Then when flying, I get the message "altitude/distance limit reached".
2017-7-18
Use props
Ike_1975
New
United States

After firmware upgrade, I am limited to 98 FT altitude and distance.  I have checked DJI site to see if my area is a restricted area (it is not), I have deleted BIN file on SD, and done several restarts with no success.  Please HELP!
2017-7-19
Use props
revmatt
lvl.2
Canada

Ike_1975 Posted at 2017-7-19 11:28
After firmware upgrade, I am limited to 98 FT altitude and distance.  I have checked DJI site to see if my area is a restricted area (it is not), I have deleted BIN file on SD, and done several restarts with no success.  Please HELP!

I opened a ticket with DJI support on the issue of restricted distance and altitude even when unit is NOT in beginner mode. They asked for screen shots to show the error message. Which is funny, as there is no error message. The unit simply fails to fly beyond the very restrictive flight parameters.

Screenshot_20170719-165555[1].png
2017-7-19
Use props
townsendfrank
lvl.2
Flight distance : 231171 ft

United States

My problem  did not start until after my tree crash.My app has been 3.1.3 for a long time.Then I updated the FW to 1.9.20 and had at least 8-10 perfect trouble free
flights.then the tree crash and now  can not fly beyond beginner mode defaults.I have been doing the online thing with screen shots,uninstall and reinstall,but nothing
is fixing my problem.I have an expensive toy that I can't even fly out of my yard
2017-7-19
Use props
fansb694d87d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 587054 ft
Canada

i have the same problem,i updated firmware and cant go farther than 30 meters,can i go back to the previous firmware?
2017-7-20
Use props
revmatt
lvl.2
Canada

townsendfrank Posted at 2017-7-19 13:30
My problem  did not start until after my tree crash.My app has been 3.1.3 for a long time.Then I updated the FW to 1.9.20 and had at least 8-10 perfect trouble free
flights.then the tree crash and now  can not fly beyond beginner mode defaults.I have been doing the online thing with screen shots,uninstall and reinstall,but nothing
is fixing my problem.I have an expensive toy that I can't even fly out of my yard

Hi:
The fact that your issue began with the tree crash is interesting, and troubling.  It speaks of something being set both in the app, digitally, and perhaps physically with the aircraft.  I removed the app, took the SD card out and formatted that in the computer, reinstalled the app, synced the pilot records and behold, last night it seemed to fly without the restrictions.  I'm quite befuddled as to why your uav would behave as you say after a crash.  Is it possible to do a factory reboot of these things?  
The DJI app has a restricted area map you can access to see if that is something that may be an issue.
Keep us informed and perhaps together we can solve this ridiculous problem.
BTW, when I noted my issue to DJI, their solution was to send it back to them for repair.
Warranty on this?
best of luck
2017-7-20
Use props
SourCaffeine
lvl.1

United States

As an update, I have resolved this issue. I followed the steps revmatt posted, and in exact detail did the following:

- Removed DJI Go app, and also deleted all app data from phone (plugged into computer, deleted any DJI folders)
- Removed SD card, did a long format (NOT quick format)
- Reinstalled DJI Go app
- Inserted SD card.

Flies like normal now, no issues.
2017-7-20
Use props
BearF16
New
United States

Same.  Quad flew fine up until a few days ago.  Now, I'm stuck within a 30m cylinder.  Beginners mode is OFF.  Restart.  Delete/re-install/logout/login are all unsuccessful.  Tech support told me to get a new "device"; iPad, iPhone, etc.  (I think that's what he said.  Didn't really sound like English to me)  I tried everything SourCaffeine said.....didn't help
2017-9-8
Use props
BearF16
New
United States

Turned OFF Location Service on my iPad.  P3A flew normally.
2017-9-8
Use props
BearF16
New
United States

Note:  The quad is still in "beginners mode" when plugged into my FatShark.  It flies normally with the iPad and Location Services-OFF.  I hope this helps troubleshoot.  Maybe someone with a big brain can help out.
2017-9-8
Use props
dja02x
lvl.2
Flight distance : 227746 ft
United Kingdom

BearF16 Posted at 2017-9-8 13:15
Note:  The quad is still in "beginners mode" when plugged into my FatShark.  It flies normally with the iPad and Location Services-OFF.  I hope this helps troubleshoot.  Maybe someone with a big brain can help out.

This is regularly posted about on the forum. The instructions sour caffeine provided should resolve your issue - primarily the uninstall and reinstall of the app...
Good luck :-)
2017-9-9
Use props
SAR_Bot_42
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10305 ft
United States

SourCaffeine Posted at 2017-7-20 19:42
As an update, I have resolved this issue. I followed the steps revmatt posted, and in exact detail did the following:

- Removed DJI Go app, and also deleted all app data from phone (plugged into computer, deleted any DJI folders)

Does this process need to be completed with each battery as the quad power source? We're having difficulty with our Inspire 1 search and rescue drone where some batteries enforce artificial "beginners mode", while others do no.
2018-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules