Do you like your Spark, If you have a choice to return it would you?
1614 33 2017-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Comment for reason if you have one.

Single SelectVote, Total 89 people participate in voting
20.22% (18)
79.78% (71)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-7-15
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Love the spark, perfect travel drone, Just waiting for the Goggles to be in stock on Amazon http://amzn.to/2t3IfDf
2017-7-15
Use props
mtnlandpix
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Love my Spark, it's so much fun to fly and takes great pix. Since getting the Spark I have only flown my P4 once to confirm it still worked after the firmware update.
2017-7-15
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.3
Flight distance : 66286 ft
Australia

Love it!!! Works awesome!
2017-7-15
Use props
pvtsailor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 675709 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Love it too!
2017-7-15
Use props
virtguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229596 ft
United States

I love my Spark!  Have had almost no trouble with it since getting an OTG cable. But if they disable OTG support in a firmware upgrade, I'll either never upgrade or won't keep the Spark.

I probably wouldn't like it as much if I hadn't gotten the Fly More combo. I've never flown it with the phone and don't plan on trying.
2017-7-15
Use props
WiredGuy
lvl.1
Canada

I'm on the fence, I think the hardware itself is great but the firmware needs serious updating before it gets to be considered as a great drone. I'll hold on to it and just operate it in a safe manner for the next few weeks, but I'm hoping it improves.
2017-7-15
Use props
Mountaindrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

I like the Spark but I prefer the Mavic !
2017-7-15
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Keep finding a different good thing the more I use it. Getting 100% used to all its features before the holiday. So far, its going to be awesome.
2017-7-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

On a really good day it's a bundle of fun, I'll keep it.
2017-7-16
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-16 01:26
On a really good day it's a bundle of fun, I'll keep it.

Same here...my expectations weren't set very high for the Spark, thus if I need picture/video quality or performance I'll fly my Mavic or I2
2017-7-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-16 02:39
Same here...my expectations weren't set very high for the Spark, thus if I need picture/video quality or performance I'll fly my Mavic or I2

I'm hoping to get inspire2 sometime this year, was hoping for price drop, how do you find it , what camera are you using. I use MATRICE for work but it's a bit of a heap to do anything except work, great machine, but not for leisure.
2017-7-16
Use props
Jptsrone
lvl.2
United States

Strictly a toy for me so there isn't much downside.
2017-7-16
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

Keeping it.  I guess for me its more of a novelty as my other Drones do more and are more capable, but its cool...
2017-7-16
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use Sparky all the time nearly every couple of of days , where as i have to paln a trip for for my P4P +, so on that note it is definatly a keeper and great value for money (in my opinion) ..
2017-7-16
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Awesome keep the votes and comments coming in, mine should be here in a couple of days and should give my Mavic a rest since i got 2M+ feet of flying from it.  
2017-7-16
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

My favorite drone to fly because of it's capability.  It has it's shortcomings, but it's so easy to get in and out of tight situations.  It makes all other drones seem like leviathans.  It's agility allows for some fantastic photos.
2017-7-16
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-16 03:02
I'm hoping to get inspire2 sometime this year, was hoping for price drop, how do you find it , what camera are you using. I use MATRICE for work but it's a bit of a heap to do anything except work, great machine, but not for leisure.

I have both the X4 and X5 lenses.  Believe me IMO its not meant for leisure.  Pain in the ass to lug around and set up.
2017-7-16
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm loving it! I also have a Mavic and got the Spark to fly mostly indoors which I've done a lot of lately. Not saying we've gotten a lot of rain the last couple of months but the guy down the street, I think his name is Noah, has a bunch of animals hanging around a big boat he's building in his back yard.
2017-7-16
Use props
Karlito
lvl.1
Flight distance : 139948 ft
Canada

Bradders Posted at 2017-7-15 15:16
Love the spark, perfect travel drone, Just waiting for the Goggles to be in stock on Amazon http://amzn.to/2t3IfDf

Love it. Have flown every day. Used it for photos at a wedding this weekend and it was perfect
DJI AlbumPanorama_1500072456769_20170714193555150.jpg
2017-7-16
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 270840 ft
Czechia

I love my Spark, after overcoming most of the issues I'm quite happy with it.
2017-7-17
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

I would definetly keep it. the only issue I had with it is the "dronie" quick shot not asending which will probably be fixed in the next firmware update, bescides that it seems like a solid drone.

Heres a helix i have tried.

https://www.facebook.com/jeff.belben/posts/10213180773091102
2017-7-17
Use props
danielwilkie29
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Love my spark, first drone and it's easy to use got mine from Heliguy fantastic service
2017-7-17
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

To be honest, I haven't touched my P4P since I got the Spark.  It's just waaaaay to easy to set up and use, and much less intimidating for bystanders.  I'm sure I'll need 4k video again someday....;-)
2017-7-18
Use props
42green
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3323 ft
United States

I like my Spark, but if I had the option to return it (without the BS I'm already going through with DJI) I would absolutely return it.
2017-7-18
Use props
Advan031
lvl.2
Flight distance : 161663 ft
United States

I like it as it's a perfect beginner drone that's capable for what it is.
2017-7-18
Use props
chrthorn
lvl.1
United States

I now have a Phantom 3 (stnd), Mavic, and Spark. The Spark is probably my favorite simply because it can fit into camera bags I am already carrying. Portability and ease of use are essential features to my type of work.

It is also powerful enough to handle a good amount of wind and the 1080 image is pretty darn good. I also still edit most of my videos in 1080, so I am ok with the resolution it has. I understand if folks are working only in 4k now and how this might not be a great fit for them.

2017-7-18
Use props
virtguy
lvl.3
United States

I'm becoming torn, because while I love my Spark as it is now, I'm debating getting rid of it before DJI disables the OTG cable.  I know I don't want to fly it without the cable, but I also don't want to be stuck with the current firmware and DJI Go version forever, because there's a few things that are buggy and I'd like to see fixed.

The Spark is my first real drone, so I'm not sure if I'd look at a Mavic to replace it or something else.  The way they're handling the OTG issue doesn't give me a good feeling about buying another DJI product.  It's disappointing because it's such a good piece of hardware, but they're talking about intentionally crippling the reliability, and I don't think reliability should be a factor for up selling to higher end models.
2017-7-18
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

virtguy Posted at 2017-7-18 18:56
I'm becoming torn, because while I love my Spark as it is now, I'm debating getting rid of it before DJI disables the OTG cable.  I know I don't want to fly it without the cable, but I also don't want to be stuck with the current firmware and DJI Go version forever, because there's a few things that are buggy and I'd like to see fixed.

The Spark is my first real drone, so I'm not sure if I'd look at a Mavic to replace it or something else.  The way they're handling the OTG issue doesn't give me a good feeling about buying another DJI product.  It's disappointing because it's such a good piece of hardware, but they're talking about intentionally crippling the reliability, and I don't think reliability should be a factor for up selling to higher end models.

Getting rid of OTG? why?
2017-7-18
Use props
virtguy
lvl.3
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-7-18 18:58
Getting rid of OTG? why?

No idea, unless they want it to only be a feature on their higher end models.  From what I've read here and other forums, it sounds like it wasn't official and meant to work in the first place.  I didn't know when I bought the Spark that the video over wifi would be so flakey, but I was pleased when I came across the OTG solution.

Don't really know what to do now.  If DJI came out and said they changed their mind and they were making OTG support official, or even if they said they'd keep it but it would be unofficial and unsupported, I'd be thrilled.
2017-7-18
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

virtguy Posted at 2017-7-18 19:05
No idea, unless they want it to only be a feature on their higher end models.  From what I've read here and other forums, it sounds like it wasn't official and meant to work in the first place.  I didn't know when I bought the Spark that the video over wifi would be so flakey, but I was pleased when I came across the OTG solution.

Don't really know what to do now.  If DJI came out and said they changed their mind and they were making OTG support official, or even if they said they'd keep it but it would be unofficial and unsupported, I'd be thrilled.

What if you don't update the firmware and leave them as is?
2017-7-18
Use props
virtguy
lvl.3
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-7-18 19:14
What if you don't update the firmware and leave them as is?

Not sure.  Short term it would probably keep working as it is.  But long term I'd like to at least be able to update the DJI Go app, and I'm not sure if an app update in the future would require the new firmware.  I don't like the idea of the reliability of the Spark being dependent upon never hitting the 'update' button in the app store.
2017-7-18
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

Not sure why anyone would want to return this amazing piece of technology...my Spark is amazing.  I've had a great time with it.
2017-7-19
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cravenfan Posted at 2017-7-19 08:35
Not sure why anyone would want to return this amazing piece of technology...my Spark is amazing.  I've had a great time with it.

Fedex delivered mine yesterday and you are right, this is an amazing little machine.
2017-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules