Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video on SD card has 2 copies
577 6 2017-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Apologies if this has been asked before but I can't find anything in my searches.
When my P4Pro saves video to the SD card it saves it in the original 4k 60 fps and it also saves a copy in 1280x720 30fps. Same file name but with a 1 in brackets at the end.
Is there any way to not have the lower resolution file saved as well as I don't need it because there is also a low res copy on the Ipad.
2017-7-15
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

I did not know that (I have a P3P), but it does not make much sense. Normally when cameras do this they are producing a thumbnail file that can be used as a proxy in editing, but with one copy at 30 fps and the other at 60 fps, it would be useless for that purpose.
2017-7-15
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-15 22:39
I did not know that (I have a P3P), but it does not make much sense. Normally when cameras do this they are producing a thumbnail file that can be used as a proxy in editing, but with one copy at 30 fps and the other at 60 fps, it would be useless for that purpose.

In my SD card (P4P) there are also other directories than DCIM. I don't know what IDX is, LOG is empty, XCODE is empty. THM/100 contains the copies of the videocache. I suppose one can delete them without ill effects. (the copies on the iPad, which are the videocache, can be flushed from the App)
SDCard Tree.png
2017-7-15
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Jenee,

The THM videos are thumbnails as Geebax says.  They were recently added in a firmware or app update.  Their purpose appears to be an archive of the videocache.  If you set your DJI GO 4 app to clear the video cache after 2 GB, this thumbnail folder will preserve the Live Feed video for later use after the version on your device has been deleted.  I once set my video cache to a higher number and soon I had a locked-up device, so it does serve a good purpose.

As Antonio says, they can be deleted if you like.  In fact, every time I fly, I format my Micro SD card and it deletes them for me.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-16
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-15 22:39

I agree and it also means that it is writing 2 files at the same time. Not sure that is such a good thing.
2017-7-16
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-16 02:32
Aloha Jenee,

The THM videos are thumbnails as Geebax says.  They were recently added in a firmware or app update.  Their purpose appears to be an archive of the videocache.  If you set your DJI GO 4 app to clear the video cache after 2 GB, this thumbnail folder will preserve the Live Feed video for later use after the version on your device has been deleted.  I once set my video cache to a higher number and soon I had a locked-up device, so it does serve a good purpose.

OK thanks. I have deleted them and I normally format the sd card as soon as I have the videos on my PC. Just seems like overkill to me.
2017-7-16
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-7-16 20:46
OK thanks. I have deleted them and I normally format the sd card as soon as I have the videos on my PC. Just seems like overkill to me.

Aloha Jenee,

Not really overkill as much as it is a back-up.  And as we noted, it is easily deleted with the formatting.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules