Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Coronal Mass Ejection July 14, 2017
1638 17 2017-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/news  Will it have any effect on our aircrafts?
2017-7-16
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Probably not.
No previous solar event has had any detectable effect on Phantoms.
2017-7-16
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Denmark

Labroides Posted at 2017-7-16 05:22
Probably not.
No previous solar event has had any detectable effect on Phantoms.

Thanks! What I though, and this validates a pet theory of mine, that Phantoms are not Vampires
2017-7-16
Use props
Landbo
First Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-16 05:57
Thanks! What I though, and this validates a pet theory of mine, that Phantoms are not Vampires

You must go out and try it out. A shame it's not dark when you could get drone pictures of the aurora.

The Kp index is high in the moment: http://www.aurora-service.eu/aurora-forecast/

Regards Leif.
2017-7-16
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Denmark

Landbo Posted at 2017-7-16 06:08
You must go out and try it out. A shame it's not dark when you could get drone pictures of the aurora.

The Kp index is high in the moment: http://www.aurora-service.eu/aurora-forecast/

but cloudy here, so not hoping to see an aurora...
mvh,
Antonio

2017-7-16
Use props
Landbo
First Officer
Denmark

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-16 06:10
but cloudy here, so not hoping to see an aurora...
mvh,
Antonio

The clouds are the least problem since one can always be lucky to find a hole. Lack of darkness is worse.   

Regards Leif.
2017-7-16
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Denmark

Landbo Posted at 2017-7-16 06:15
The clouds are the least problem since one can always be lucky to find a hole. Lack of darkness is worse.   

Regards Leif.

If only we were allowed to fly at night (the danish summer nights, I mean)...
2017-7-16
Use props
Landbo
First Officer
Denmark

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-16 06:42
If only we were allowed to fly at night (the danish summer nights, I mean)...

Who is forbidden you and fly at night here in Denmark Antonio ???

It is not the Danish rules. Read §10 in the link, which in a very clear language tells you how to fly at night.

http://www.trafikstyrelsen.dk/da ... F7CBCE8876C9C1.ashx

Regards Leif.

2017-7-16
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Denmark

Landbo Posted at 2017-7-16 07:21
Who is forbidden you and fly at night here in Denmark Antonio ???

It is not the Danish rules. Read §10 in the link, which in a very clear language tells you how to fly at night.

LOL, Leif, I know "Bekendtgørelse om flyvning med droner uden for bymæssigt område" nearly by heart (and I registered as a drone owner and got my Dronetegn right after midnight on July 1st (and been a member of Modelflyvning Danmark since december, so I could have done even without Dronetegn...)
I was joking on the fact that during summer there is practically no real darkness, so it is not a real "fly by night" in the summer...
Mvh,
Antonio
2017-7-16
Use props
Landbo
First Officer
Denmark

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-16 22:35
LOL, Leif, I know "Bekendtgørelse om flyvning med droner uden for bymæssigt område" nearly by heart  (and I registered as a drone owner and got my Dronetegn right after midnight on July 1st (and been a member of Modelflyvning Danmark since december, so I could have done even without Dronetegn...)
I was joking on the fact that during summer there is practically no real darkness, so it is not a real "fly by night" in the summer...
Mvh,

Oh yes, you're from Italy where you do not know the bright summer nights we've got here up north.  

Nor could i understand that you were so unfamiliar with the Danish legislation since you have just passed the test.   

Regards Leif.
2017-7-17
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Denmark

Landbo Posted at 2017-7-17 03:44
Oh yes, you're from Italy where you do not know the bright summer nights we've got here up north.  

Nor could i understand that you were so unfamiliar with the Danish legislation since you have just passed the test.   

Yes, the bright summer nights are one of the reasons I came here (apart from my lovely Danish wife who now wants a pink Spark!). But I could do with the longer winter daylight hours from down south ... One very good thing is that the Danish rules are much easier to understand than the Italian ones!
I might try flying at night, I'm looking around for some suitable lights to put on the P4P. I was thinking about these: http://www.flytron.com/led-syste ... ree-standalone.html -Do you have any suggestions/experience?

Mvh,

Antonio
2017-7-17
Use props
Landbo
First Officer
Denmark

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-17 04:13
Yes, the bright summer nights are one of the reasons I came here (apart from my lovely Danish wife who now wants a pink Spark!). But I could do with the longer winter daylight hours from down south ... One very good thing is that the Danish rules are much easier to understand than the Italian ones!
I might try flying at night, I'm looking around for some suitable lights to put on the P4P. I was thinking about these: http://www.flytron.com/led-systems/322-strobon-cree-standalone.html -Do you have any suggestions/experience?

So, luckily there is only Alpine White Spark for sale at the moment.      Joking, of course she must have a little pink Spark with an controller.  

Yes, that's the drawback of the Danish winter, there are so few bright hours. Oh, of course,  forgot all about the low temperatures.

It is not necessary to put more light on your Phantom as the light it is equipped with is meeting the Danish rules. Will also whisper you in the ear, that there is no need to pay more attention of being there than necessary. Saw one evening a person flies around with two lights like these on the legs of his phantom as workinglight:  https://www.vvs-eksperten.dk/bel ... ance&order=DESC

Regards Leif.
2017-7-17
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Denmark

Landbo Posted at 2017-7-17 05:22
So, luckily there is only Alpine White Spark for sale at the moment.      Joking, of course she must have a little pink Spark with an controller.  

Yes, that's the drawback of the Danish winter, there are so few bright hours. Oh, of course,  forgot all about the low temperatures.

Ah, she will just wait for the red one...
Cold is not an issue for me. Love it and love snow (wish there was a tad more, actually). What she could not stand (and our dogs and myself too) was the 34º / 36º in the summer... so I bought a small farm with 7 hectares of land.
RE: the lighs, I get your point...  and the ones at eksperten look a bit too big and heavy... The ones we put sometimes on the dogs' collars are way smaller (and much cheaper than the ones I posted earlier).  I will try one of these days to shoot a long exposure with the ones on the aircraft, to see if I can get a nice trail of it.

Mvh,
Antonio
2017-7-17
Use props
Landbo
First Officer
Denmark

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-17 05:48
Ah, she will just wait for the red one...
Cold is not an issue for me. Love it and love snow (wish there was a tad more, actually). What she could not stand (and our dogs and myself too) was the 34º / 36º in the summer... so I bought a small farm with 7 hectares of land.
RE: the lighs, I get your point...  and the ones at eksperten look a bit too big and heavy... The ones we put sometimes on the dogs' collars are way smaller (and much cheaper than the ones I posted earlier).  I will try one of these days to shoot a long exposure with the ones on the aircraft, to see if I can get a nice trail of it.

Yes, DJI does not deliver them at all in pink.      It's not very "lady-friendly".  

Would rather not have temperature rises above 25 degrees celsius during the summer. There has not been so much snow since winter 2011-12 here in the country.

The lights I linked weighed only 90 grams of the piece inc. 3 AAA batteries. Your Phantom can easily lift 2 pices without getting sweat on the forehead.  

Regards Leif.
2017-7-17
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Denmark

Landbo Posted at 2017-7-17 09:22
Yes, DJI does not deliver them at all in pink.      It's not very "lady-friendly".  

Would rather not have temperature rises above 25 degrees celsius during the summer. There has not been so much snow since winter 2011-12 here in the country.

The ones I posted weigh 4 grams each -but if the lights on the P4P are enough, no need to waste money
Mvh,

Antonio
2017-7-17
Use props
Landbo
First Officer
Denmark

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-17 10:35
The ones I posted weigh 4 grams each -but if the lights on the P4P are enough, no need to waste money
Mvh,

Yes, okay.

Regards Leif.
2017-7-17
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-17 10:35
Mvh,

I have one of the flytron ones on the front of mine, pointless at this time of year but in the winter, even at midday it helps a lot to see it at distance when you are looking at it horizontal rather than up. especially against a background of trees, they are good and of insignificant weight.  I don't normally fly at night.
2017-7-17
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Denmark

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-7-17 12:36
I have one of the flytron ones on the front of mine, pointless at this time of year but in the winter, even at midday it helps a lot to see it at distance when you are looking at it horizontal rather than up. especially against a background of trees, they are good and of insignificant weight.  I don't normally fly at night.

Good to know, NIgel. Thanks for the tip!
2017-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules