Will Go4 show NFZ when not connected to MP?
747 2 2017-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

I've been staying in an area that has a (French) national park covering much of the area, which is considered a no fly zone.  I assumed that I wasn't going to be in any area that was beyond the park, but as I was driving today, at various points we popped in and out of the park.  I'd left the Mavic at home, but turned on the Go4 app at various points to see if I was still in a NFZ.  There was nothing to indicate that I was, but I wondered if that's because it wasn't connected to the MP.  Does anyone know if it needs to have the MP lit up and connected to flag this?  (Incidentally, if that is so, it doesn't feel like a great setup for the app, as there's often times when I'm out and about and see places that seem perfect to fly.  It'd be ideal if I could pull out the phone, turn on the app and know right away whether that's an option).

2017-7-16
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

The NFZ software is located in your Mavic, so you need to turn it on at the location.

Do you have internet on your phone, you can see DJI's version of NFZ here: http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map

Would generally recommend you to retrieve the information from local authorities instead, as DJI's version is extremely misleading. Read useless.   

Regards Leif.
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Like Landbo said, the NFZ on the app's map can be showed when the drone is connected.
You can search the location you head to previously here:http://www.dji.com/flysafe/no-fly
But the zone we offer is for reference, any map provided by DJI is for advisory purposes only. It is always the user’s responsibility to determine what laws or regulations apply to any operation, and to obtain any required government authorizations.
2017-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules