Trouble getting started
493 4 2017-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DonFrench
lvl.1
United States

I am just starting with my Mavic Pro and am having some difficulties.  
First, when I run the DJI GO 4 app I am told that the firmware is out of date.  I tried several times to do the update and got to the 100% mark every time only to be told that the update was unsuccessful.  What could be happening?

Second, the manual says I can do the update using DJI Assistant 2 but if there is a way using that app, I sure don't see it.  I attached a screen grab of the opening (and only) screen and the only thing on it is an image and a link for "How to connect to Inspire 2?" which shows me another image that is completely irrelevant to the DJI Mavic Pro. What am I missing?

Fourth, I see instructions saying "Be sure your mobile device is connected to the aircraft.   Connected how?  Via cable?  Via WiFi?  Through the controller? Probably this is explained somewhere but I can't find it.

Fifth, the controller always shows "Magnetic interf".  It does not seem to matter where I am when this happens so I am perplexed.  What do I do?

Frustrated in Fresno

DJI Assistant 2

DJI Assistant 2
2017-7-16
Use props
DonFrench
lvl.1
United States

Update:  I tried a fifth time to update the firmware and this time it got to 99% and the controller seemed to think the job was done because it changed from Updating to READY TO GO.  But the little paper airplane continues to make its journey into space.  Is this update process BUGGY?
2017-7-16
Use props
DonFrench
lvl.1
United States

Update: I tried a fifth time to update the firmware and this time it got to 99% and the controller seemed to think the job was done because it changed from UPDATING to READY TO GO.  But the little paper airplane continues to make its journey into space and the percent never gets to 100.  Is this update process BUGGY?
2017-7-16
Use props
DonFrench
lvl.1
United States

Update to the update.  I could not go back in DJI GO 4 as long as the update was stuck at 99%.  It told me that the update was not finished.  So eventually I killed the app and restarted it.  This time I was told that the firmware version was up to date.  So, the update DID complete but due to a bug in the software, the controller never notified the app, so it was stuck at 99%.   iI don't know how to enter a but report but someone should.
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

DonFrench Posted at 2017-7-16 14:54
Update to the update.  I could not go back in DJI GO 4 as long as the update was stuck at 99%.  It told me that the update was not finished.  So eventually I killed the app and restarted it.  This time I was told that the firmware version was up to date.  So, the update DID complete but due to a bug in the software, the controller never notified the app, so it was stuck at 99%.   iI don't know how to enter a but report but someone should.

Please refer to  the video below to check if the drone and RC both are up to date, if not , please update them again, see if it works.  
2017-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules