Gimbal overload / obstructed issue
1596 4 2017-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UK-Pilot
lvl.1
United Kingdom

My Mavic was being flown inside and due to some mag interference, lost connection with the controller and flew into a concrete pillar.
Fortunately it wasn't too heavy a crash and it still flies (even the props were okay). However the gimbal is another thing.

I keep getting a 'system overload' error when switching on the Mavic and warns me that the gimbal is obstructed.

I've tried recalibrating the gimbal to no effect (it stays on 5% and then finally fails after 5 minutes). I tried updating the firmware but to no effect.

I've repositioned the gimble to under two corner tabs and the third rear plate (closest to the grill) as it should be. However this doesn't help either.

When I twist the gimbal and camera on its axies, it seems to stop at a certain point and I'm not sure if that is as it should be or not (see video).

I attach a video here for you to see where the camera when twisted is stopping. Is there any way for me to fix this? Thank you!

2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry to hear that, you may need to send the drone in for diagnosis and repair, looks like a hardware problem.  http://www.dji.com/support
2017-7-17
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Gimbal is rotating asymmetrically as in one direktion he is moving further in order to go in portrait mode, so this is not a problem but standard. Look somewhere else for your problem.
usually problem after crash are with cables I've heard .
Good luck
2017-7-17
Use props
stivan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1965 ft
Panama

hi, i have the same exact issue. Some recommend to change the gimbal ribbon cable.. that didnt work for me. Some suggest that i have to replace the gimbal assembly. Im just sending it in. Good luck to me with the repair fees.
2017-7-17
Use props
Ruben Torres
New

Dominican Republic

The gimbal on my mavic pro was making weird clicks on start up, and would show the gimbal obstructed error. I noticed how it moved on start up and realized that the ribbon was getting stuck on one of the plate corner, so I fixed it to camera in a way to prevent it from getting stuck, problem solved!
2018-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules