max altitude setting
3142 15 2017-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3e9ec000
New
United States

I have taken the phantom 4 pro out of beginner mode. I am trying to set the max flight altitiude to 100m. When I change the blue colored number to 100m I then click "done." When I fly it, it gives me a warning that I cannot go above 30m. What the heck? What am I doing wrong?
2017-7-16
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
Slovakia

Make sure in you are NOT in beginner mode!
2017-7-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You need to have aircraft turned on.
2017-7-16
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

"You need to have the aircraft turned on"      (and connected to the RC and app)    when you make the changes in the app, in order for them to be saved..
2017-7-16
Use props
ewoksmommy
New
United States

It's not in beginner mode and it is all turned on and connected. I have no clue what's going on!
2017-7-16
Use props
ewoksmommy
New
United States

It's not in beginner mode and it is all turned on and connected. I have no clue what's going on!it's lipke the controller excepts the changes, then when i liftoff 2 seconds later and fly to 30m then i get the error of not being able to go higher. The beginner mode is toggled off
2017-7-16
Use props
Shaker
lvl.1
United States

I had what seems to be a similar problem.  I'm brand new 2 weeks flying.  What I noticed is that sometimes when I flick it into or out of BEGINNER MODE and then exit that screen view ... I always need to go right back and check to be sure the change 'took'.  It sometimes takes a few tries, but ... at least in my circumstance ... the change eventually sticks the way I want it.
2017-7-16
Use props
ewoksmommy
New
United States

Shaker, I'll try that. Hopefully that will work. Is there any way to change it in-flight? That way i don't have to land it and start all over.
2017-7-16
Use props
J Finch Photogr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 698845 ft
United States

ewoksmommy Posted at 2017-7-16 18:18
Shaker, I'll try that. Hopefully that will work. Is there any way to change it in-flight? That way i don't have to land it and start all over.

Did you upgrade your firmware to the latest version? I understand that DJI prevented their quads from flying higher than 90 meters on July 1 until the quad gets upgraded with the firmware version which contains the geo fencing boundaries around airports.  Too many nut cases out their are pressing their luck, and ours, when they fly recklessly close to manned aircraft near airports.
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

I would recommend you re-install the DJI GO APP,  then log into it , see if it works.
2017-7-17
Use props
ewoksmommy
New
United States

I upgraded firmware and I pre-installed the app. Still having issues. Is there any "box" that I should check or uncheck that I may be missing? The beginner mode is toggled off.
2017-7-17
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 771434 ft
Iceland

Did you do the re login in the app?
2017-7-17
Use props
ewoksmommy
New
United States

JoiCam Posted at 2017-7-17 05:49
Did you do the re login in the app?

Yes, you can't access the app if you reinstalled it unless you log in
2017-7-17
Use props
fans84ea54b0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43707 ft
United Kingdom

I'm having the same issue. Definitely not in beginner mode, either.

Maximum I could do last night (first time using it since updating about a month ago): Appox 90ft (vertical) and approx 140ft horizontal.
2017-7-17
Use props
ewoksmommy
New
United States

Went to Best Buy and traded for a new controller. Problem solved!
2017-7-17
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

ewoksmommy Posted at 2017-7-17 12:27
Went to Best Buy and traded for a new controller. Problem solved!

Aloha mommy,

Good to hear you solved the problem.  Please edit the title of your thread to indicate you have solved  the problem.  That way people can learn of your solution faster.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules