RC Controller / Phone calibration issue
979 10 2017-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dr-G
lvl.1
United States

I just purchased a Mavic Pro and I am following some Youtube videos on how to calibrate everything before the first flight. I updated the firmware in the Aircraft and the Conroller whicha re current versions now and I downloaded the DJI 4.0 App. When I go to calibate the remote (Touching the remote Icon at the top of the DJI app) and chose RC Calibration, it tells me to center the sticks and press OK, but the right half of the right stick square calibration box is off the screen. I tried lowering the font size on my phone, tried to disable the auto-rotate, no luck. Any ideas to make this work?
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you please provide a screenshot of this case so I can check
2017-7-16
Use props
Dr-G
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-16 19:54
Could you please provide a screenshot of this case so I can check

This is exactly what my screen shows. The right side of the screen is not visible.

2017_07_17_07.25.40.png
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Had you tried to calibrate with another phone? Or just reinstall the app.
What mobile device are you using?
2017-7-17
Use props
Dr-G
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-17 03:54

It's an LG phone, a few years old. Not sure what model. I will try to reinstall the app and see if that works. If I calibrate with a different mobile device can I switch back to my phone? I assume the phone and remote work together and would need to be synced.

Would it be a bad thing to try and fly without calibrating the remote? I am excited to get it in the air, but at the same time, I do not want to risk a crash.
2017-7-17
Use props
Dr-G
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-17 03:54

I am using an LG phone - it's a few years old. I will try to reinstall the app. If I cannot get it to work can I calibrate with a different phone and then switch to mine? I assume you are calibrating the phone with the remote so they need to be synced.

Would it be bad to try to get it in the air without calibrating the remote? I am excited to get it flying but I do not want to risk a crash either.
2017-7-17
Use props
Dr-G
lvl.1
United States

I am using an LG phone - it's a few years old. I will try to reinstall the app. If I cannot get it to work can I calibrate with a different phone and then switch to mine? I assume you are calibrating the phone with the remote so they need to be synced.

Would it be bad to try to get it in the air without calibrating the remote? I am excited to get it flying but I do not want to risk a crash either.

The other screen looks normal and nothing is cut off like in the calibration screen.
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Dr-G Posted at 2017-7-17 15:23

Thanks for your feedback. You can try another phone to calibrate the remote controller then switch back. Since running DJI GO 4 app needs a mobile device with a great performance of decoding, you can try your phone and see if it works smoothly. If it is not, we also have some recommended devices for you to test, below is the list:
iOS Version v4.1.3.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.
Android Version v4.1.2.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S8 ,Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.
Should you have further question, please feel free to contact us.
2017-7-17
Use props
Dr-G
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-17 18:48
Thanks for your feedback. You can try another phone to calibrate the remote controller then switch back. Since running DJI GO 4 app needs a mobile device with a great performance of decoding, you can try your phone and see if it works smoothly. If it is not, we also have some recommended devices for you to test, below is the list:
iOS Version v4.1.3.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.

I reinstalled the app - no luck. I will try a different phone.
2017-7-17
Use props
Dr-G
lvl.1
United States

Dr-G Posted at 2017-7-17 19:56
I reinstalled the app - no luck. I will try a different phone.

Well my wife's phone does not support the app. I tried a few times this morning with my phone again and finally was able to calibrate it. I checked the IMU and compass and took it for a short flight in beginner mode. I ordered a different phone last night anyway because mine is getting a little slow and running out of room.

When my new phone comes do I need to re-calibrate the remote again?
2017-7-18
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

Dr-G Posted at 2017-7-18 16:07
Well my wife's phone does not support the app. I tried a few times this morning with my phone again and finally was able to calibrate it. I checked the IMU and compass and took it for a short flight in beginner mode. I ordered a different phone last night anyway because mine is getting a little slow and running out of room.

When my new phone comes do I need to re-calibrate the remote again?

You shouldn't have to recalibrate, I;ve switched to 3 or 4 different phones/monitors & I have no recalibrate notices
2017-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules