Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Maybe some day program from the transmitter?.
869 9 2015-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Capt. Bill
Second Officer

United States

Not sure if it is possible but it would be nice if the transmitter had a screen and you could program the Phantom from the transmitter like you can with other RC radios. Sure would make it easier in the field.
2015-3-21
Use props
Jamie
Second Officer

United States

Yes, and particularly if they could add in the exponential control curve adjustment for at least the yaw control.
2015-3-21
Use props
Capt. Bill
Second Officer

United States

Jamie how about this for a Phantom controller. If you think 2 switches are complicated how about 8? Of course the system is $3,000

futaba 18.jpg
2015-3-21
Use props
Jamie
Second Officer

United States

That's way above my pay grade!  Here's what I use for my other RC aircraft.  It has 8 switches,  as well.
Spektrum DX8.jpg
2015-3-21
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-3-21 22:19
Jamie how about this for a Phantom controller. If you think 2 switches are complicated how about 8?  ...

Looks like you could fly a real airplane with that thing.
2015-3-21
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

It would be nice to program from the transmitter though.  I could see that as being an advantage in almost every away from home situation.  I don't always have my laptop with me, so this would be a real nice feature.
2015-3-21
Use props
JATO
Second Officer

United States

Jamie Posted at 2015-3-21 22:48
That's way above my pay grade!  Here's what I use for my other RC aircraft.  It has 8 switches,  as  ...

Jamie I have a DX8 also. I had DX7 but my son swiped it for the simulator. I wish I could fly the Phantom with the DX series. The expo functions are a god send.
2015-3-21
Use props
Capt. Bill
Second Officer

United States

I still use a couple of Futaba 6 channel 2.4 GHz radios, all I need for my 40 size planes. You can build a copter with DJi electronics and use a DX8. Guy in our club has a hexcopter like that.  

Now this picture is my first radio, the old Heathkit GD-19 Blue Box

[http://static.rcgroups.net/forum ... od.jpg?d=1227198526
2015-3-21
Use props
Capt. Bill
Second Officer

United States

Jamie Posted at 2015-3-21 22:48
That's way above my pay grade!  Here's what I use for my other RC aircraft.  It has 8 switches,  as  ...

Jamie that seems like a lot now but back in 1971 when I started in RC a Proline radio was used by the top fliers. It retailed for $600 or $3,500 in todays dollars and none of the bells and whistles that are on today's basic radios.
2015-3-21
Use props
Capt. Bill
Second Officer

United States

Tweety Posted at 2015-3-22 13:09
Yes I have often thought how good it would be to connect to the Phantom with the Assistant without t ...

I assume there is not an Android app for it.
2015-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules