CLASS D No fly zone
2634 13 2017-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
landrian18
lvl.2
United States

Guys i need help, i been flying my spark multiple times around my place ang maybe 5 times just going up straight for about 90 meters and just hover and just watch the nice view. Then yesterday when i bring my spark outside same place to fly it i got a message saying no fly zone class D. The nearest park on my house is about 1mile and the and one Heliport about 2.7 miles away.. Thank you in advance.
2017-7-17
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

if you open the Go4 app, in the top right where the 3 lines are touch it and it will bring you to a drop down menu, from there you can see the no fly zone tab which brings you to a map.
2017-7-17
Use props
landrian18
lvl.2
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-7-17 03:43
if you open the Go4 app, in the top right where the 3 lines are touch it and it will bring you to a drop down menu, from there you can see the no fly zone tab which brings you to a map.

This is where i try to fly it... i will try again today.
FullSizeRender.jpg
2017-7-17
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

landrian18 Posted at 2017-7-17 04:33
This is where i try to fly it... i will try again today.

scroll down to the bottom of that page and check all of the boxes.
2017-7-17
Use props
ix3lplix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145846 ft
United States

This has happened to me before. For me, it turned out to be a temporary flight restriction. In the No fly Zone tab that thor1 mentioned, i clicked the center or the color region and it explained the flight restriction and what dates it applied on.

I couldn't fly for the whole weekend, but since then the restriction has been lifted. Hopefully it's the same for you.
2017-7-17
Use props
jetto black
lvl.3
Flight distance : 202995 ft
United States

What exactly did the message say? It should appear in your flight logs.
2017-7-17
Use props
ix3lplix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145846 ft
United States

I just realized from your map that we live in the same state. I live further south, but there's a good chance you were under the same temporary flight restriction I was under. It expired yesterday and 2300 so you should be able to fly today.
2017-7-17
Use props
landrian18
lvl.2
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-7-17 04:48
scroll down to the bottom of that page and check all of the boxes.

Ok follow what you told me i can see that i'm inside the warning zone..
FullSizeRender.jpg
2017-7-17
Use props
landrian18
lvl.2
United States

ix3lplix Posted at 2017-7-17 06:15
This has happened to me before. For me, it turned out to be a temporary flight restriction. In the No fly Zone tab that thor1 mentioned, i clicked the center or the color region and it explained the flight restriction and what dates it applied on.

I couldn't fly for the whole weekend, but since then the restriction has been lifted. Hopefully it's the same for you.

I hope so. I'm gonna try again today thank you.
2017-7-17
Use props
landrian18
lvl.2
United States

jetto black Posted at 2017-7-17 06:17
What exactly did the message say? It should appear in your flight logs.

Everything is on, ipad, controller and spark, then calibrate my compass then initiate spark to fly i let it  hover first to get my home point then less than 10 seconds got a screen message that i'm on the no fly zone Class D then another message saying its going to land.
2017-7-17
Use props
landrian18
lvl.2
United States

ix3lplix Posted at 2017-7-17 06:18
I just realized from your map that we live in the same state. I live further south, but there's a good chance you were under the same temporary flight restriction I was under. It expired yesterday and 2300 so you should be able to fly today.

i really hope.. i will try again today.
2017-7-17
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

landrian18 Posted at 2017-7-17 06:56
Ok follow what you told me i can see that i'm inside the warning zone..

you should be able to fly in these anyway! you do not need authorization. i believe its only a warning to be cautious like for example if its a protected wildlife area. Correct me if i am misinterpreting the go 4 explanations.
2017-7-17
Use props
landrian18
lvl.2
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-7-17 07:12
you should be able to fly in these anyway! you do not need authorization. i believe its only a warning to be cautious like for example if its a protected wildlife area. Correct me if i am misinterpreting the go 4 explanations.

I really hope that it's just a temporary no fly zone on my area yesterday. I used to only getting message saying like something careful in flying.. but yesterday while waiting to lock on my RTH point got a message that it will land automatically in less than 15 seconds of hovering. Here is one of those flight.

2017-7-17
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

landrian18 Posted at 2017-7-17 07:36
I really hope that it's just a temporary no fly zone on my area yesterday. I used to only getting message saying like something careful in flying.. but yesterday while waiting to lock on my RTH point got a message that it will land automatically in less than 15 seconds of hovering. Here is one of those flight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUrA1cuNVYE

well it must be temporary in my opinion
2017-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules