Error message: NO PROP
1288 11 2017-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bengwk78
Flight distance : 1552 ft
Singapore

I recently purchased a mavic thru dji online.  When I received the drone couple of days ago, I did a test flight.  When I take off, the error message no props appeared on the remote.  I immediately landed the drone to check the props.  Firmware was updated to the latest version and props were secured.  In fact, I shutdown the system and restart again and same thing happened for three times.  I decided to email dji support and to my shock and disappointment, dji asked me to send back the drone at my expense and they will repair it.  I bought a manufacture defect drone and I had to send back the drone at my expense to repair it? This is unethical business.  Sell a faulty set and get the customer pay for repair??? In fact, when I check with the staff thru online chat, they apologised and promised to replace it.  This contradict with the staff who emailed me.
IMG_8915.PNG
IMG_8906.JPG
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We do apologize for the unfortunate experience with our product. If the drone is still within 15 calendar days of receiving, we will help to replace it.
Unfortunately, we are unable to cover the shipping expense because of different countries, and we have made it clear in After-Sales Policy ''You are responsible for shipping costs when sending product(s) for return, repair or replacement. ''
You have our sincere apologize for the inconvenience that has been caused.
after-sale policy.png
2017-7-17
Use props
bengwk78
Singapore

@dji Mindy, how can dji deliver faulty set to customers and ask customer to bear the shipping cost? I purchased on 10 Jul, received on 12 jul and fly once on 16 Jul. Error msg appeared after take off.  This is definitely a defect.  In this isolated case, dji should bear all costs to replace a new set
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

bengwk78 Posted at 2017-7-17 23:56
@dji Mindy, how can dji deliver faulty set to customers and ask customer to bear the shipping cost? I purchased on 10 Jul, received on 12 jul and fly once on 16 Jul. Error msg appeared after take off.  This is definitely a defect.  In this isolated case, dji should bear all costs to replace a new set

Would you please PM me your name, email account, contact number and location? I will forward your concern to appropriate team for further resolution, we are sorry for the unpleasant experience.
2017-7-18
Use props
bengwk78
Singapore

Now that dji support is telling me false alarm, and ask me to restore factory settings and download latest firmware again. This is iridiculous.  How can dji deliver a set that is faulty and asked customer to solve this issue? What happen to the replacement policy? Is it fake? Why I have to go through this hassle?
2017-7-18
Use props
bengwk78
Singapore

@dji Mindy, if dji wants bad publicity, I will not hesitate to write to the press around the world.  Being a billionaire company, this is not how you should behave.
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

bengwk78 Posted at 2017-7-18 21:10
@dji Mindy, if dji wants bad publicity, I will not hesitate to write to the press around the world.  Being a billionaire company, this is not how you should behave.

I understand your frustration and sincerely apologize for the trouble caused. I have forwarded your concern to our designated department for better resolution, we will have someone to contact you after review, appreciate your patience.
2017-7-18
Use props
bengwk78
Singapore

@dji Mindy, I thank you for the follow up.  I had stopped the transaction to purchase M200 with a local retailer here.  If this small matter cannot be resolved quickly, I will not consider the option again.  In fact, the purchase of mavic is not my first dji product.
2017-7-19
Use props
bengwk78
Singapore

Two staff from dji I chatted online with confirmed that a replacement is possible but this arrangement differs from replies from dji support.  Dji support claimed that this is a false alarm and dare to ask me try again and again if the problem still exists.  I had enough of this nonsense.  Besides, they told me that I need to send this faulty set back to them first at my expense, and they assess the set before they replace it.  All in all, that arrangement will take me weeks to resolve.  I can't buy this idea for the time and effort wasted to monitor the progress.  Worse, they may just repair the drone and return it to you.  I will not want to buy a drone that is being repaired at day one.  
IMG_8928.PNG
2017-7-19
Use props
bengwk78
Singapore

@dji Mindy, your staff is wasting a lot of my time addressing a very easy task.  I managed to find an official retailer to witness the exchange and now dji wants the faulty set before the replacement set can be sent over.  You mean dji don't even trust your appointed official retailer?
2017-7-25
Use props
droneflyer1
lvl.2

Canada

Good luck buddy with the return/exchange. DJI has terrible after sales service. I went through the same thing. I was one day out of my 15 day period and DJI refused to return the product. mine suffers from the blurry camera issue. DJI is complete garbage at this support stuff. hence mavic was the last dji product i ever purchased from them.
2017-7-25
Use props
bengwk78
Singapore

@dji Mindy, i m going to write to all foreign press to share my experience and how dji cheated me of my money by sending a defective craft, and refused to exchange the set
2017-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules