2148 3 2017-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is my first time dealing with DJI support, I've been fortunate to have had the Mavic since it was released and had no major problems, until recently since I got the Goggles. I've read horror stories about DJI support, and they seem to be living up to their reputation.

Problem:
When my goggles are in use, both the goggles and phone get randomly disconnected when the Mavic is recording video. It happens frequently... and I have a video to prove it.

At exactly 24 seconds, the goggles disconnect and my RC/phone disconnect as well. I'm still close range with full bars. The mavic becomes disoriented and I lose control for a few seconds. The goggles once again lose connection at 1:34. The same thing.
This is caused by the goggles, because when the goggles are turned off, I don't have any disconnection issues. This is not normal and dangerous. I've tried a variety of settings and they all force disconnection, EXCEPT when the goggles are in smooth headtracking mode and the mavic is not recording video.
I can reproduce this issue every single time. The biggest problem is that it somehow forces the RC and phone to disconnect as well, forcing a momentary loss of control, video recording interruption, gimbal reset and loss of focus... all in midair.

So I explained this to DJI support. Their replies so far.. have been nothing short of infuriating.. and completely off-topic. Here are two of their replies:

Response #1 -----------
Thank you for contacting DJI.

Please check the specs of the Goggles. The maximum it can take is 1080p 30fps so it will automatically switch from 4k to 1080p 30fps.

----------------------

I further explained the problem, and even provided the video above to better demonstrate the issue.

Response #2------------
Thank you for the response.

In HD Mode, the resolution of video transmission footage reaches 1080p/30fps for near field, lowering to 720p/30fps for far field or when affected by interference. In Smooth Mode, the resolution will remain at 720p/60fps. The former is for a more clear and immersive FPV experience, and the latter is for smoother FPV footage.

The resolution of video transmission footage seen in the DJI Goggles changes along with the video recording resolution. Therefore:
1. When video is recorded at 4K, the highest video tranmission resolution is 720p/30;
2. When video is recorded at 2.7K, video transmission resolution tops out at 1080p/30;
3. When video is recorded at 1080p or below, depending on whether the frame rate is higher than 30fps or lower than 30fps, the max video transmission resolution will be 720p/60fps or 1080p/30fps, respectively.

Thank you for your cooperation and support.

-----------------------

What to do now? This is very frustrating.

2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry for the trouble that had been made. I'd forwarded your case to our engineer, will keep updated once I heard from them. Besides, what's your ticket number? I'd like to look into it.
2017-7-18
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-18 02:31
Sorry for the trouble that had been made. I'd forwarded your case to our engineer, will keep updated once I heard from them. Besides, what's your ticket number? I'd like to look into it.

Thanks very much for your help Thor. Here's the ticket #631262

I look forward to any sort of info or help.
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Mir Posted at 2017-7-18 05:34
Thanks very much for your help Thor. Here's the ticket #631262

I look forward to any sort of info or help.

Hi Mir, sorry to bother, but could you please export the flight data from the drone of this case for a better investigation? Please install DJI Assistant 2 on a computer and export the flight data then upload it to Dropbox, here is the tutorial for your reference:
2017-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules