Logging in to DJI GO App before flight is not possible without wifi?
2047 6 2017-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans84ea54b0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43707 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,

So last night I flew the Phantom 4 Pro for the first time in about 6  weeks. I'd updated the firmware about a month ago and realised there was  something to do with flight restriction included within that update.

So...last night I experienced these flight restrictions. The maximum I could fly was:

30 m height and 50 m distance

I have read that you need to be logged in to the DJI GO 4 app during  flight in order to "unlock" the limitations, but as far as I can tell it  won't let you connect/log-in without wifi. How the hell is this  possible if you're in the middle of nowhere with no means of connecting  to the internet!?!                                                
2017-7-17
Use props
fansea1216d3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1810735 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just logg in at home before you go out to fly. Worked for me. I just never logg out when in the DJI Go 4 app.
2017-7-17
Use props
fans84ea54b0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43707 ft
United Kingdom

fansea1216d3 Posted at 2017-7-17 12:20
Just logg in at home before you go out to fly. Worked for me. I just never logg out when in the DJI Go 4 app.

Me neither.

I have since found out that you only have to log back in once after the update and all should be good. Can anyone confirm that this is true?
2017-7-17
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans84ea54b0 Posted at 2017-7-17 12:32
Me neither.

I have since found out that you only have to log back in once after the update and all should be good. Can anyone confirm that this is true?

Aloha fans84,

Worked for me!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It only needs the Internet for the moment you log in. Once you logged in the GJI GO 4 app, it will stay logging in the account unless you log out the account.
So if you are going to a place that no internet or WiFi available, we recommend that you login first before you go.
2017-7-17
Use props
picky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 279 ft
Philippines

fans84ea54b0 Posted at 2017-7-17 12:32
Me neither.

Yes that's correct. I turn on the RC +controller followed by the drone.  at the left side top there is a little confirmation going on that both controller and drone are on the same page, then you good to go.
When changing the battery on the drone to continue flying you also need to turn off the RC. The drone will be restricted to distance and height etc if you don't
2017-7-18
Use props
Tom24nh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 174239 ft
United States

had the same problem, I logged out and back in and still had restrictions. I got it to work by logging out then connecting to phantom wifi and having it tell me to login, connect to home wifi login then connect to phantom and restriction was gone.
2017-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules