Buying a Mavic Pro from GearBest?
3153 8 2017-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SeniorLions
New

United Kingdom

As the title suggests - been looking around for a good deal for the MP Fly More Combo. £1333.50 seems to be the general retail price in the UK (John Lewis, Maplin, Argos etc) so I am thinking of going for John Lewis because of the 2 year guarantee warranty (I know this doesn't cover accidental damage, but its an extra year than the others). However, I decided to look on GearBest for the sake of it and found I can save around £300 buying it from them, even if I get expedited shipping and shipping insurance.

I know about GearBest, but never have I purchased from them. I use similar sites for cheap purchases, toys, clothing, gag-gifts etc, but if I'm going to drop a grand I want some assurance of the legitimacy of the drone and what not. Anyone purchases high ticket items from them before? Should I expect a big customs tax bill?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

2017-7-17
Use props
David Atkinson
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Not sure whether you've ordered anything yet?

I've heard some bad things about GearBest so would avoid them completely.

I went through Heliguy for training and my Mavic. Great service and you can give them a call with any questions etc.

https://www.heliguy.com/
2017-7-24
Use props
piotrek
New
Flight distance : 7808 ft
Poland

Baldo81 Posted at 2017-7-24 01:31
Hi,

my mavic arrived from gearbest, without any duty costs. There's a shipping method where you don't pay any duty's customs.

Hello,

Just quick question due to today big sales on Gearbest.com. You mentioned in your  post that there is a way to avoid custom clearance... is it buying by gearbest or any other way? As of now it is different  about 150$ for me (Poland). From another hand I heard that shipping with DHL is always difficult because they  require to pay always...

what about warranty and registration it was without issue?

Thank you for help!!!
Piotr
2017-11-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My brother-in-law bought the fly more combo from Maplins in London and haggled them down to £1250 - brand new, sealed bundle. Don't hesitate to demand 10% off when buying in person and, like Maplins, I'd only recommend using authroised DJI resellers.
2017-11-11
Use props
djiuser_YrgjBCgAkTJ9
lvl.3

Portugal

[ Last edited by *** In 2021-3-3 04:30 Editor ]\n\n***************
2018-8-18
Use props
.Rambo
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I live in UK and I bought few months ago from gearbest MPP £700 brand new and I had no issue!!! Still works fine.
2018-8-19
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

I originally bought a Spark from Gearbest as it was on a good discount deal - however the package was stopped in transport via the shipper (DHL) due to some regulation breach. Probably as it was identified as 'grey market' - so lacking in proper import tax. Gearbest ship directly from China so you will have to ship it back to them if there are any issues with the purchase. DJI have regional distribution points and repair facilities so probably best to stick with DJI direct sales even for the occasional discounted refurb. The other plus with buying from DJI is the credit system - where credits can go towards other purchases.
2018-8-19
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

Gearbest is ok ...you can order from there
2018-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules