Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Controller is dead
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pulham1964
New
Australia

Hi
Need help , my Phantom 3 pro controller has died , used it one day fine , next day dead, it's over a year old , but have only used it for 6 hours max. When I connect it to the charger it switches on , but as soon as I pull out the Charger it goes off,
Looking online it looks like my Battery is stuffed , it has a circuit board that connects the battery's together and works both ways for charging then powering ? Think that is gone, it says the battery is fully charged !
What is the cost of a new battery installed in Australia or is it cheaper just to get a new controller, bit disappointed as it hasn't done many hours ?
Cheers
Jamie
2017-7-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

I would look for one on-line that is being sold. You get them from time to time when the aircraft was lost or destroyed.
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry to hear about this, Jamie. Did the charger work for charging the craft's battery? If it was work, should the controller indicator light up when you plugged it in?
2017-7-17
Use props
johnsr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

Since this topic comes up often, I will add a remark. If you are still under warranty, you should definitely send it back for an exchange. As many of us have discovered, there are no DJI replacement batteries. For those reading this with RC controllers out of warranty, Geebax has a good suggestion of  buying a used one. However, if you are reasonably skilled in soldering and RC electronics repairs, it is possible to replace the defective DJI battery. I have been flying my P3P successfully with a 3500 mAh 2S1P (7.4V) RX-TX LiPo battery used for RC controllers. These fit inside the original battery compartment, can be charged using the DJI charger, and give a reasonable number of flights between charges. The important point is this: you must have access to the RX-TX battery's balancing plug (I cut a small hole to bring it out), since the RX-TX replacement battery is not "intelligent" (it does not have the small DJI circuit board inside that checks the balance between the cells). Charging unbalanced cells risks a fire, as does short circuiting the leads if you don't know what you are doing for the repair.
Have fun & good flying!
2017-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules