Crashed into building, everything seems ok.
795 5 2017-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbdb90588
New
Greenland

Hi,
I'll start, this is my first drone (mavic pro), I have now had 5 hours flight time!

So I was doing a run around some small islands, went up high and then back. no wind, no clouds, perfect weather. On my return to home it went kind of strange and all of a sudden it lost GPS, went into ATTI mode and gave me a warning: "[IMU]heading exception [in flight] please switch to atti mode if craft behave abnormally [using]". I tried to stop the mavic between 5-10 meters from me and once it nearly stopped it accelerated and crashed straight into a building, falling 2meters, destroying 3 props.

I do not have a video as i was only taking pictures!

I have changed the props and did a quick test run and everything seems ok, I hope this is abnormal and not my piloting skills!

Also, I am uploading this to see if I should send it in and/or if this problem is being addressed and/or is it even a problem and just me who is a bit a bradberry?

2017-7-17
Use props
fansbdb90588
New
Greenland

Crashed into building, everything seems ok.

Hi,
I'll start, this is my first drone (mavic pro), I have now had 5 hours flight time!

So I was doing a run around some small islands, went up high and then back. no wind, no clouds, perfect weather. On my return to home it went kind of strange and all of a sudden it lost GPS, went into ATTI mode and gave me a warning: "[IMU]heading exception [in flight] please switch to atti mode if craft behave abnormally [using]". I tried to stop the mavic between 5-10 meters from me and once it nearly stopped it accelerated and crashed straight into a building, falling 2meters, destroying 3 props.

I do not have a video as i was only taking pictures!

I have changed the props and did a quick test run and everything seems ok, I hope this is abnormal and not my piloting skills!

Also, I am uploading this to see if I should send it in and/or if this problem is being addressed and/or is it even a problem and just me who is a bit a bradberry?

ExportCSV_2017-07-17_[20-17-30].zip

53.85 KB, Down times: 0

2017-7-17
Use props
fansbdb90588
New
Greenland

swcreenshot edit

screenshot 1

screenshot 1
2017-7-17
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

DJI will probably offer to investigate this, but if you'd like someone outside the company to look at it then you should retrieve the DAT file for the flight and post a link to it here.

A DAT file is created on the Mavic each time it's powered on and will have a lot of information about the flight. The instructions for retrieving it are here and you'll want to access the file that corresponds to your flight, upload it to DropBox or something similar, and provide a link to it in this thread. The correct file will have a timestamp that matches when the flight occurred and will be at least tens of megabytes in size.
2017-7-17
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I had this imu error ones - scary - dron start drifting to the wind and i was not able to command him at all. Lukily it all anded well in my case after second attemt for rth dron come to sences and came back
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for the crash, I would recommend you sync the flight records and export the flight log, then contact the Support to open a case, we'll submit a data analysis to find out the cause.  http://www.dji.com/support
2017-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules