Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Polar Pro Filters for Spark
389121 389121 2017-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone ordered and received these yet?  I am curious on opinions so far, as I ordered them sight unseen.  Very excited to receive them,
2017-7-18
Use props
Byrd's Loft
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48320 ft
United States

I'm planning to get them once I'm good that the spark is stable for me.
2017-7-18
Use props
virtguy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229596 ft
United States

I got mine yesterday but haven't taken them out for a flight yet.  I have tried installing a couple of them, and it seems like they pop off a bit too easily, but I haven't spent much time on them.
2017-7-18
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
  • >>>
United States

virtguy Posted at 2017-7-18 10:35
I got mine yesterday but haven't taken them out for a flight yet.  I have tried installing a couple of them, and it seems like they pop off a bit too easily, but I haven't spent much time on them.

That's my worry after having seen them.  Hopefully they were well tested.  I would rather not lose them mid fight.
2017-7-18
Use props
virtguy
lvl.4
United States

I just submitted the refund request on Amazon.  I tried every one of the filters multiple times and none of them mount securely.  I followed the instructions, but there's minimal tension holding them on and it takes only a slight tap to remove them.  Not worth $100 if they're going to fall off and get lost.
2017-7-18
Use props
Chole
lvl.1

United States

polarpro filter have problem of installation , cannot take panorama during sports mode it giving me errors  so getting refund
2017-7-18
Use props
CoreyB10
Captain
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

virtguy Posted at 2017-7-18 18:50
I just submitted the refund request on Amazon.  I tried every one of the filters multiple times and none of them mount securely.  I followed the instructions, but there's minimal tension holding them on and it takes only a slight tap to remove them.  Not worth $100 if they're going to fall off and get lost.

100% with you there. If they just fall of during flight then 100 in anyone's cash is a little steep for the size of them......Oh they released another drone, lets bang these out as quick as possible so lots of people spend even more money on a bad product.
2017-7-18
Use props
PolarPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-7-18 20:06
100% with you there. If they just fall of during flight then 100 in anyone's cash is a little steep for the size of them......Oh they released another drone, lets bang these out as quick as possible so lots of people spend even more money on a bad product.

These are designed to stay on 100% securely. Yes the fitment is not tight, but they are secure enough to remain on in all conditions. A lot of people are making assumptions here that they are not tight enough, however are not testing them. People should not be worried as we cover the filters 100%, if they happen to come off we will gladly send a replacement.

Note: these filters are designed to be simple to install and remove, and stay on the camera during flight.

We stand behind our products and customers.

-Jeff from PolarPro
2017-7-19
Use props
PolarPro
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

virtguy Posted at 2017-7-18 18:50

They will stay on during flight, and we cover the filters 100%.

We tested them by installing the filters and violently shaking the Spark exceeding any conditions it would face in flight. They will only come off when you go to remove them and exert physical pressure on them in an upward direction.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

-Jeff from PolarPro
2017-7-19
Use props
Ylaztec1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52595 ft
United States

Received mine last week. Have done 5 flights with them on and had no issues. This includes some runs in Sport mode to see if they stayed on.
2017-7-19
Use props
PinpointMapping
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

Frustrating, I pre ordered the same day I ordered the Spark and I'm still waiting on shipping info for the Polar Pro Filters....  I hope they are worth it or I'll be sending them back as well.
2017-7-19
Use props
PolarPro
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

PinpointMapping Posted at 2017-7-19 09:50
Frustrating, I pre ordered the same day I ordered the Spark and I'm still waiting on shipping info for the Polar Pro Filters....  I hope they are worth it or I'll be sending them back as well.

If you have any questions on the filters please let us know!
I am more than happy to help!

-Jeff from PolarPro
2017-7-19
Use props
PolarPro
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ylaztec1 Posted at 2017-7-19 09:05
Received mine last week. Have done 5 flights with them on and had no issues. This includes some runs in Sport mode to see if they stayed on.

Thank you very much for reporting in!
We did some pretty significant stress testing to make sure they stayed on during even the most aggressive flight paths.

Thanks for supporting our brand.

-Jeff from PolarPro
2017-7-19
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Mine show up tomorrow, super excited and thank you for the added confidence in your product.
2017-7-19
Use props
evrylttlthng
lvl.1
United States

I got mine last Friday and immediately put the polarizing filter on. It takes a little bravery to "snap" something on to the loosely-mounted gimbal, but once it was on its was plenty secure. I was thrashing around in Sport Mode all weekend and it never budged or exhibited any problems.
2017-7-19
Use props
Nikon 1
Second Officer
United States

I pre-ordered the PolarPro filter set from PolarPr and am waiting to get my order.
2017-7-19
Use props
virtguy
lvl.4
United States

evrylttlthng Posted at 2017-7-19 11:11
I got mine last Friday and immediately put the polarizing filter on. It takes a little bravery to "snap" something on to the loosely-mounted gimbal, but once it was on its was plenty secure. I was thrashing around in Sport Mode all weekend and it never budged or exhibited any problems.

Did yours actually snap into place?  There's no snap when I mount mine.  The pins go into the grooves on the back of the gimbal, and a small lip on the front of the filter goes under the camera lens, but there's no click or pressure holding it on.  It lifts off with just the slightest touch; even came loose turning the Spark upside down.  Curious to know if that's abnormal.
2017-7-19
Use props
Bradders
Second Officer
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Has anyone found filters for the spark, I want this make http://amzn.to/2vkmsZx polar pros for the spark
2017-7-19
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Just go directly to Polar Pro's site.  
2017-7-19
Use props
eylneb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

interested in getting... those with problem perhaps can take a short vid showing the problem?
2017-7-19
Use props
Chole
lvl.1

United States

PolarPro Posted at 2017-7-19 08:48
These are designed to stay on 100% securely. Yes the fitment is not tight, but they are secure enough to remain on in all conditions. A lot of people are making assumptions here that they are not tight enough, however are not testing them. People should not be worried as we cover the filters 100%, if they happen to come off we will gladly send a replacement.

Note: these filters are designed to be simple to install and remove, and stay on the camera during flight.

Great Jeff only you can do this.
Just like in Mavic filter you made first version everything was well tested by you but for others it wasn't good , It seems you make product for your own convince , The product have problem even in taking panaroma & in sports made it gives issue
2017-7-19
Use props
virtguy
lvl.4
United States

I don't know how to convey in a video how little force I'm applying, but I gave it a shot using a flexible paper card instead of my fingers.  I thought that might better show that I'm not gripping or pulling it, it's just a slight little nudge and it pops loose.  It don't know that it would come off while flying if nothing bumped it, but I could easily see it getting knocked loose if you bumped it with your hand while launching/landing/carrying it.

If others are ok with how they mount, that's cool, I'm just not pleased with it myself.  I do appreciate the rep from PolarPro commenting in the thread and assurances that they'd replace any lost filters, though.  I'd heard great things about their customer service.

2017-7-19
Use props
eylneb
Second Officer
Malaysia

virtguy Posted at 2017-7-19 18:50
I don't know how to convey in a video how little force I'm applying, but I gave it a shot using a flexible paper card instead of my fingers.  I thought that might better show that I'm not gripping or pulling it, it's just a slight little nudge and it pops loose.  It don't know that it would come off while flying if nothing bumped it, but I could easily see it getting knocked loose if you bumped it with your hand while launching/landing/carrying it.

If others are ok with how they mount, that's cool, I'm just not pleased with it myself.  I do appreciate the rep from PolarPro commenting in the thread and assurances that they'd replace any lost filters, though.  I'd heard great things about their customer service.

Thx for the vid.. : ) Looks quite easy to pop off if an accident is to occur... but does it stay in place under normaly flight or in sport mode ??  
2017-7-19
Use props
eylneb
Second Officer
Malaysia

PolarPro Posted at 2017-7-19 08:55
They will stay on during flight, and we cover the filters 100%.

We tested them by installing the filters and violently shaking the Spark exceeding any conditions it would face in flight. They will only come off when you go to remove them and exert physical pressure on them in an upward direction.

Jeff, what does this means?  we cover the filters 100%.

Does it means if anything goes wrong you will replace it? Does this apply to purchases made in a retaile\shop?
2017-7-19
Use props
Prosto
lvl.1
Russia

PolarPro Posted at 2017-7-19 10:38
Thank you very much for reporting in!
We did some pretty significant stress testing to make sure they stayed on during even the most aggressive flight paths.

Hi Jeff, when I tried to add the set to the cart on your site, it didn't work. When looking in the console, it gives this JS error:
https://www.polarprofilters.com/cart/add.js 400 (Bad Request)

Can you report this to the team that supports the online store.
2017-7-19
Use props
rickysuperdog
First Officer
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

Freewell gear had changed their original design too. It seems that Spark filters are not see to mount tightly.
2017-7-19
Use props
Koppo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 191726 ft
Germany

I saw a video that shows the gimbal constantly falling down (overload error) using the polar pro filters. I am thinking of getting a set but I don't want to damage my gimbal.
I do not think they will fall off in mid air, no one is going to apply force to them in the air

2017-7-20
Use props
virtguy
lvl.4
United States

I got an email stating that PolarPro had identified a problem that affects some Sparks, and they're issuing a full refund and offering a 60% discount to those that wish to repurchase updated filters in a few weeks.  That's fantastic customer service in my book.  Thanks!
2017-7-20
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Are they sending emails to everyone who purchased? Mine are still in transit.
2017-7-20
Use props
futurballa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18156 ft
United States

Mine are supposed to arrive today and I got a refund notification, but no explanation. Don't know if they want me to return the ones they sent or if they are safe to use in the interim until new ones come out. I emailed their customer service, but other than the auto reply that they received my inquiry, nothing yet.
2017-7-20
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Seems hokey.
2017-7-20
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Posted over on the RC Groups Forum:

PP.JPG
2017-7-20
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I haven't received an email on this yet and received the filters yesterday.  I can't comment on them right now, because I'm out of town.  Anyone else not receive an email?
2017-7-21
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Just reached out to me.  Awesome customer service.  They will receive my business again.
2017-7-21
Use props
futurballa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18156 ft
United States

I only got the email notifying me of the refund. I reached out the them and got a prompt and informative reply. Excellent customer service.
2017-7-21
Use props
eylneb
Second Officer
Malaysia

i think they are recalling or changing design
2017-7-21
Use props
Nikon 1
Second Officer
United States

I pre-ordered the 6 Filter set from PolarPro about a month ago.  Tuesday I received a notice from PayPal that PolarPro had shipped my filter set and provided the tracking number.

I kept watch on the tracking and all the USPS site said was, "Label printed, USPS is awaiting package receipt."

Late yesterday (Thursday) I received a notice from PayPal saying that PolarPro had refunded my payment.  I immediately dropped PolarPro an e-mail asking why they cancelled my order.  No response!

This morning I e-mailed their Operations Manager an asked why my order was cancelled.  No Reply.

This really shakes my faith in PolarPro!

I've read some online reviews that say the PolarPro filters are causing problems with the Spark Gimbal but if that were the case, I wish they'd just send out an email and tell me that instead of just refunding my order with no explanation.

I think this is pretty crappy Customer Service:  I've sent two emails and gotten zip in return!  

@Jeff from PolarPro - Really BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!
2017-7-21
Use props
Natesac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 252526 ft
United States

Seems like they are moving quickly to get this situation resolved. I like that they are committed to producing a set of filters that will work for us. I look forward to trying a set once the kinks have been worked out. In the meantime I need to learn how the damn things work.
2017-7-21
Use props
Dichrodave
lvl.4
United States

I ordered my 6-pack and just got the notice yesterday that they cancelled my order and I got notice that Amazon refunded my money. However, I still received them in the mail today.
2017-7-21
Use props
NyVetteGuy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I got the email offering the 60% off as well...really looking forward to getting the newer ones that don't exhibit any issues...but I got the order anyway..wonder if I should try them...
2017-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules