Why would distance be restricted to around 10 metres?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MichaelM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3720 ft
United Kingdom

The last few times I've taken my Pro out, I've been getting "maximum distance reached" (or whatever it is) after around 10m/30ft or so. Height isn't affected. I've checked to make sure beginner mode isn't enabled but other than that, what might the problem be. There is a major flower show on locally this week and I had wanted to get some aerial shots to send my brother-in-law in Germany, but I'll just be wasting my time if I can't get this problem sorted out.

2017-7-18
Use props
OldCootJon
lvl.1
United States

The latest GO update requires a log in while connected to the internet one time. This may be your problem?
2017-7-18
Use props
djordan2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

What he said!
2017-7-18
Use props
fansf1148082
New
United States

Well, I don't always have mobile connection or internet, so this "require to log into your account" is a very silly requirement, and now makes our commercial operations useless where we don't have the ability to log in. So glad I didn't update the firmware...
2017-7-18
Use props
Total
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

you ONLY need to log in once , not every time you use the drone ..
2017-7-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Total Posted at 2017-7-18 19:30
you ONLY need to log in once , not every time you use the drone ..

But if you sign-out (under the Me tab), my understanding is that you'll need to log-in again.
2017-7-18
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
China

its a bug i also have. start, fly until you get the flight limit reached message, come back and land, turn P4 off 1 second and leave the remote on. then start p4 and fly again. limitation should be gone until you change battery. then you need to repeat the annoying procedure. ah yes... and welcome to the wonderful buggy world of DJI
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If you had upgraded the latest firmware, you need to log in the app with your DJI account or the drone will have a limitation of 30 meters' height and 50meters' distance.
Since you mentioned that your drone flight with a restriction around 10 meters but no height limited, if that was the real situation, I thought that it was not the same case.
Had you checked the Enable Max Distance, was it opened or closed?
Was there any airport or no fly zone near the house?
2017-7-19
Use props
MichaelM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3720 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-19 00:32
If you had upgraded the latest firmware, you need to log in the app with your DJI account or the drone will have a limitation of 30 meters' height and 50meters' distance.
Since you mentioned that your drone flight with a restriction around 10 meters but no height limited, if that was the real situation, I thought that it was not the same case.
Had you checked the Enable Max Distance, was it opened or closed?

Hi Thor. Thanks for the reply. I haven't updated to either the previous or current firmwares yet so I can't see that being an issue. The first thing I thought of was the max distance option, but it isn't that either. I haven't had any crashes or heavy landings either so I'm completely in the dark as to what is happening.
2017-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules