Strange Artefact when recording 4k
803 6 2017-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leo_82
New
Switzerland

Hi everybody,

I'm new on that forum and I was told that's the place where I will find some help.
I bought a DJI Mavic Pro 2 weeks ago (Brand new one).

I made several small video shots in 4k with all default settings without facing any issue.

Last Sunday, I went in a very nice place near where  I live to record some video of the beautiful landscape.
After few seconds, I encountered a very strange thing. ( I started to have like flare line on my phone)
This artefact was appearing only at a certain angle compared to the sun.

I cut a small video to show you how it looks like as a video is worth than a 1000 words.

Do you know what could cause this ?
Is it normal to have such thing on the video ?

Many thanks
Regards
Julien
2017-7-18
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

It's normal, you get flare when bright light sources like the sun hit the lens, you get even more flare if you leave the bubble dome protector on the Mavic.
2017-7-18
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
France

Adding to Machina. Never turn around so fast because it will blur and cause flares too. Flares hit the props easily whne you are going fast and or have the bubble on. So mooth turning will always yield good result. Also the us of ND filter will reduce the flares.
2017-7-18
Use props
leo_82
New
Switzerland

@Ex Machina, Dronist,

Thanks for your response.

Let me Just add that I wasn't having the plastic bubble protection on. (I always remove it to avoid flare as it creates lots of them)

Concerning this very strange effect (like flare waves) It was the first time I got such result even moving/turning very slowly.

I can fully understand that depending on the angle you will get flares but things I got were really bad and they looked like perturbing the full image.
Really like multiple horizontal lines moving on the image. (Even when I was not moving the drone nor the camera those lines were there.

On my video you can even see that this "artefact" appears again at 13 sec when the drone continue to turn.

So you sure it's a normal behavior and I don't have to worried about anything ?

Many thanks
Julien  
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Julien, this is normal. It is the propeller shadow when it came to a certain angle, and it is the lens flare about the white light that had shown at 6".
2017-7-19
Use props
leo_82
New
Switzerland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-19 03:16
Hi Julien, this is normal. It is the propeller shadow when it came to a certain angle, and it is the lens flare about the white light that had shown at 6".

Ok many thanks for this confirmation.

I just hope this will not come too often when recording.

kind Regards
Julien
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

leo_82 Posted at 2017-7-19 03:55
Ok many thanks for this confirmation.

I just hope this will not come too often when recording.

Always avoid the direct sunlight will be much better. Have a nice day.
2017-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules