Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Should I buy P4 Advanced or P4 Pro ?
814 7 2017-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PimpDawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Looking for a little insight from Phantom 4 owners.

I am deciding between the Phantom 4A or the Phantom 4P. Here's my thinking - from what I've read the real differences between the two are the P4P has more obstacle avoidance sensors and can use 5.8ghz whereas the P4A uses only 2.4ghz.

Based on my personal experience with my Mavic, my friend's experience with his, and my wife's experience with her Spark, obstacle avoidance is too early in refinement to be effective outside of a cool gimmick to show friends in my opinion, so paying extra for the additional sensors on the P4P doesn't appeal to me.

My Mavic uses only 2.4ghz and it is rock solid with great distance. So that doesn't bother me about the P4A only uses only that frequency since it also boats the same range as my Mavic.

We're talking $1199 verses $1499. Based on my thoughts I think the $1199 route makes more sense. Is my assessment accurate and/or are there any other things that I should consider or that I am overlooking?

Thanks.
2017-7-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You get the same drone and the same great camera but lose a couple of frills.  If the frills don't matter enough to you, it's a great deal.
2017-7-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'd pretty much have to agree with you and Lab. The visual sensors Are actually quite good, and have stopped my P4P from flying straight into a pole at one stage, so I like having them on the rear too. But I don't understand the value of the side infared sensors, so I'd be inclined to putting some of the $US300 towards a good set of filters for the camera (and check out the PGYTech ones for value-for-money).
2017-7-18
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Defo the P4P and not the plus as the screen on the plus is buggy as hell. No end of issues still popping up. If you have an iPad then its a no brainer. The camera on the P4P is far superior due to it being a 1 inch sensor and a mechanical shutter at 20mp. the results you can get are amazing. Everything else is 12mp.
2017-7-18
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
China

i also say: GET THE P4A+
the extra sensors are pretty much useless and most of the time annoy me more than help so i turn them off. the constant loud beeping noise and unable to move if you too close to an object freaks me out every time.
5,8ghz is also overrated. i can fly everywhere with 2,4. city or ocean, 2km is always possible.
so i would go with the advanced again. camera is amazing and rest also. spend the extra money you safe from the pro and get extra batteries + multi fast charger from china which can charge 3 batteries + remote same time in under 1 hour.
2017-7-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-7-18 20:23
Defo the P4P and not the plus as the screen on the plus is buggy as hell. No end of issues still popping up. If you have an iPad then its a no brainer. The camera on the P4P is far superior due to it being a 1 inch sensor and a mechanical shutter at 20mp. the results you can get are amazing. Everything else is 12mp.

The P4P and the P4A are the same camera, but I otherwise definitely agree not to go for the P4P+. It may be a great screen, but you're restricted too much otherwise.
2017-7-18
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-18 21:33
The P4P and the P4A are the same camera, but I otherwise definitely agree not to go for the P4P+. It may be a great screen, but you're restricted too much otherwise.

Sorry for that misread the initial post. Thought it said P3A - Early here in the UK whenI posted.
2017-7-18
Use props
PimpDawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Thanks all for the input. Sounds like the P4A is the best route for me. So the P4A+ (which includes the screen) is not really worth it? It has a lot of bugs?
2017-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules