Help - MC Too Hot Camera clicking
2070 19 2015-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

Hello guys - So today is my one week anniversary with my beautiful P2v+v3   

I LOVE IT.  This morning I got the propeller guard on it and the trackimo -  beautiful.  Turned it on and the camera click and moves left to right but if you wait it came up fine.  The app on my iphone said "Gimbal Motor Error Check for Obstructions".  There is NOTHING obstructing it - no cover no cap no lock or anything.  Rebooted it and moved the camera up and down and no error.  Rebooted it again and got the error in the app when I moved the camera all the way up.  It is very intermittent with the error message.  Phantom Assistant software on the MAC said IMU calibration needed so did that.  Went to do Advanced Calibration and it said MC was too hot and power it off, did that and waited 15 minutes and same error, waited 20 minutes and the error went away but same clicking on the camera.  Drone flies fine, camera responds to up and down command, takes photos and videos with no problem but there is that click which comes up sometime and keeps shaking from left to right.  Any ideas?  No crash or anything like that.  This is one week old.  I hate to send it back to Amazon if there is something simple to do.  

BTW - I remobed the propeller guards and trackimo and same thing is happening.  There are two ribbon going in the gimball/camera and they look fine in visual inspection.  When I turn off the unit the camera is still looking straight but tilted to the left.  I could be wrong but I thought it used to face down when you powered it off.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Advanced Calibration got me nothing.  Also - the back of the camera/gimbal there is a little cover of some sort with three screws.  It gets very hot.  I never had any reason to touch it before so don't know how it was but now it feels hot.  Only reason I touched it very slightly was because the Advanced Calibration was telling me that MC was too hot.

Thanks
2015-3-21
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

2015-3-21
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

Thanks Gerry.  I saw that video but didn't hear the clicking sound in that video that I am getting.  I don't know if doing this will void my warranty.  Is it time to call DJI (if you are listening - please respond) or should I attempt it myself or just return it to Amazon.  Grrrr - If this was an old unit beyond the return date I would just open it to see if the fix works.  The Amazon return policy is very enticing.    What do you think?
2015-3-21
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

tolanid@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-22 10:04
Thanks Gerry.  I saw that video but didn't hear the clicking sound in that video that I am getting.  ...

I had that problem of a crooked camera and picture.  I just took the 3 screws out and could plainly see the post not level with the camera, so I turned it.  It took about 15 minutes to fix.  Now it's level.  It would void the warranty.
2015-3-21
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

This is what I was getting.
camera tilt.jpg
2015-3-21
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

Gerry - Did you get the error message saying "Gimbal Motor Error - Check for Obstruction"?

My picture is coming straight when its powered on but only that annoying clicking sound and occasional tilt from left to right.  Did you have these symptoms?  What caused yours?  
2015-3-21
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

tolanid@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-22 10:24
Gerry - Did you get the error message saying "Gimbal Motor Error - Check for Obstruction"?

My pictu ...

I did get the message,  I landed a little hard and the camera hit one of the gravel rocks to knock it out of position.
You say tilt from left to right?  Do you mean it tilts like the picture, or swings a little sideways for a few seconds, then straightens?
2015-3-21
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

Hey Gerry Thanks for your help - Checkout this video.  It has the left to right movement.  This is painful :<

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8dltj6eg7wz3y2v/IMG_1791.MOV?dl=0

2015-3-21
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

Here is the image too
IMG_1627.JPG
2015-3-21
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Mine was doing the same, but more pronounced as far as the tilt goes.  It was just that pin and the sensor trying to line up with the leveling spot on the pin.
2015-3-21
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

Did you get the same sound as I have (checkout my movie - https://www.dropbox.com/s/8dltj6eg7wz3y2v/IMG_1791.MOV?dl=0)
2015-3-21
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

tolanid@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-22 11:18
Did you get the same sound as I have (checkout my movie - https://www.dropbox.com/s/8dltj6eg7wz3y2v/ ...

BTW - I did that repair so it starts up leveled but same sound and same movement from left to right :<
2015-3-21
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

tolanid@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-22 11:19
BTW - I did that repair so it starts up leveled but same sound and same movement from left to righ ...

Well then, you have something else that is faulty,  I wouldn't know what that would be.  
2015-3-21
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

Bummer - So I guess this puppy is going back.  I'm glad I have just the stock equipment and haven't colored it or done other things :<

Thanks for your help Gerry.  
2015-3-21
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

tolanid@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-22 11:32
Bummer - So I guess this puppy is going back.  I'm glad I have just the stock equipment and haven't  ...

Good luck with that.
2015-3-21
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

:<  Thanks.  I love Amazon and I hope they come through.  It works fine, takes pictures and videos fine, flies fine, has no cosmetic damage so I hope they don't disappoint me   Fingers crossed
2015-3-21
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

I wish DJI was listening (maybe not now on Saturday night)  :>  

If you are listening and have a nice quick trick to try I would love to do that.

Thanks
2015-3-21
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

Has anybody else run into this issue or its just me and Gerry?
2015-3-22
Use props
MAD In NC
lvl.2

United States

I've seen it a couple of times but typically something was restricting the camera from moving (ie.  my fat fingers etc...)   or a bump on the camera causing the message to appear.

the sensor internally appears to work great, maybe to sensitive.....

2015-3-22
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

Looking at the camera carefully I see a minor scratch at the front of the  camera but not on the lens.  I don't know what caused it but something happened,  grrrr

Nothing seems to be restricting it.  Its working fine but just that annoying clicking.
2015-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules