Wrong timestamp after import
2256 14 2017-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans473a8f4a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3018 ft
Germany

Hi i have the same problem like others with my spark.

After import in Lightroom the timestamp is 1904. Please fix this with a fast firmware upgrade this is related to the DJ Spark software and not to any SD-Card or something. Im very frustrated because you made this mistake by some of the other drones before too and now with the spark again why????

Images have the correct date.

just fix it.

best,

2017-7-19
Use props
futurballa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18156 ft
United States

I had the same issue. My workflow was to shoot the video, attach the spark to my MacBook via USB and copy the files from the SD card directly to a computer. I noticed that they were showing in the wrong order in the web gallery I created. So I checked the exif and see that the created date is listed as
Create Date : 0000:00:00 00:00:00 and If you plug 0 into the epoch converter you will get 1904. I reported this to DJI support and was given generic support gobbledygook, reinstall dji go 4 and update firmware. Of course, my firmware was up to date, and reinstalling the app did not have any affect on the file exif. I've sent them a reply. I'll report back if they tell me anything useful, but as far as I can see, it is just a bug in their file exif.
2017-7-19
Use props
fans473a8f4a
lvl.1
Germany

Yeah its a f**** bug but im very angry because they had the same problems in other drones before. Thank you for you help!
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thanks for your feedback.
Would you please upload an original video directly from SD card to Dropboox?
Then please connect your aircraft to PC with Assistant 2 and export the data from black box, upload it to Dropbox, which is very helpful for locate the issue, thank you so much in advance!
Here is the tutorial for your reference:

2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

futurballa Posted at 2017-7-19 06:27
I had the same issue. My workflow was to shoot the video, attach the spark to my MacBook via USB and copy the files from the SD card directly to a computer. I noticed that they were showing in the wrong order in the web gallery I created. So I checked the exif and see that the created date is listed as
Create Date : 0000:00:00 00:00:00 and If you plug 0 into the epoch converter you will get 1904. I reported this to DJI support and was given generic support gobbledygook, reinstall dji go 4 and update firmware. Of course, my firmware was up to date, and reinstalling the app did not have any affect on the file exif. I've sent them a reply. I'll report back if they tell me anything useful, but as far as I can see, it is just a bug in their file exif.

Sorry for the trouble caused, would you please help us confirm the info I mentioned above?
I will forward the details to engineers directly and try our best to figure it out.
2017-7-19
Use props
futurballa
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-19 19:02
Sorry for the trouble caused, would you please help us confirm the info I mentioned above?
I will forward the details to engineers directly and try our best to figure it out.

Here is a link to a video file: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3zx2k ... hLCGq1iL6-HGEa?dl=0

I will get you the black box info over the weekend.
2017-7-20
Use props
fans473a8f4a
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-19 19:02

Im sure they know exactly what they have done wrong. As i said other drones like the marvic had the same problem. Just google: "mavic wrong timestamp".
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

futurballa Posted at 2017-7-20 05:59
Here is a link to a video file: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3zx2kj8nvydzxmx/AADdccg_QEjhLCGq1iL6-HGEa?dl=0

I will get you the black box info over the weekend.

Thank you very much.
I will forward all the data needed to engineers for analysis.
Waiting to hear from you, appreciate it.
2017-7-21
Use props
futurballa
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-21 04:40
Thank you very much.
I will forward all the data needed to engineers for analysis.
Waiting to hear from you, appreciate it.

I PM'd you the dropbox link.
2017-7-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

futurballa Posted at 2017-7-22 07:22
I PM'd you the dropbox link.

Thank you very much, I received it and forwarded it to engineers.
Will get back to you once we figure it out, appreciate your patience!
2017-7-24
Use props
fans473a8f4a
lvl.1
Germany

Any fix after the firmware upgrade? I upgradet right know and i will report if so.
2017-7-29
Use props
fans473a8f4a
lvl.1
Germany

fans473a8f4a Posted at 2017-7-29 00:29
Any fix after the firmware upgrade? I upgradet right know and i will report if so.

Same problem with the recent firmware. Please fix it with the next one!
2017-8-3
Use props
fans473a8f4a
lvl.1
Germany

Any progress in this case?
2017-8-12
Use props
thekingjunior
New
Australia

Got the same problem, very annoying! Pls get this fixed. Sick and tired to manually edit the timestamp all the time...
2017-9-11
Use props
Andres Moya
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1334780 ft
United States

Hi.

Since the problem is not solve for many of us. I will add comments.

I use Canon cameras. And it works flawless with Davinci Resolve or Lightroom Classic.

I still have the issue with DJI Mini 3 Pro. It keeps embedded UTC time into MP4 files.

Then imported movies that were shot late afternoon are separated from the pictures of the DJI and pictures/videos of the Canon. It goes into the next day. If I shoot on 20 April the files become 21 April.
It is very confusing then do photoshoot on the consequent days. As some footage that can be used for event are not available for the editor. But he is getting instead unrelated files from the previous day.

Can the issue be solved by firmware or in some DJI app? I will write a script that strips metadata from video files before using Lightroom. Or maybe I am like many don't understand advantage of UTC time for video files.

As a workaround. I can also set timezone UTC, disable automatic time update and set local time. But it is just wrong way of doing it.
4-21 15:07
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules