Go 4 App User Manual
11194 22 2017-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sagecelt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15961 ft
United Kingdom

The number of posts both here and in other related forums asking for help with the Go 4 App is overwhelming.
This is  a sophisticated piece of software and is essential for getting the best out of any DJI drone.   
It seems to me that any company selling a complex product costing thousands of pounds (dollars) has a responsibility to provide a comprehensive manual explaining how the associated software works.
I, and many others both in the USA and UK, are pretty disgusted at the cavalier attitude adopted by DJI over the Go 4 app and the lack of an official manual.
Come on DJI!  Face up to your moral responsibilities and get that manual written please.

2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We are sorry for the inconvenience. The requirement of  DJI GO/ DJI GO 4 app users manual had sent to our engineer, we wish to have a better way to help users to understand our products and application easily.Actually, we had some introduction about the app on drone's users' manual. And users can watch some tutorials about the app in Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8-vxWY64sBNmdY6CL-VO0cPg7IWcUDf3
Thank you for your advice.
2017-7-19
Use props
sagecelt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-19 04:08
We are sorry for the inconvenience. The requirement of  DJI GO/ DJI GO 4 app users manual had sent to our engineer, we wish to have a better way to help users to understand our products and application easily.Actually, we had some introduction about the app on drone's users' manual. And users can watch some tutorials about the app in Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8-vxWY64sBNmdY6CL-VO0cPg7IWcUDf3

As many other DJI customers have said both here and on Mavic Pilots forum, on-line videos are inadequate for practical use.   We need a .pdf document which we can print out and tag the pages which are of most interest.   It seems to me that DJI are trying to dodge the issue yet again!
2017-7-19
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

sagecelt Posted at 2017-7-19 08:06
As many other DJI customers have said both here and on Mavic Pilots forum, on-line videos are inadequate for practical use.   We need a .pdf document which we can print out and tag the pages which are of most interest.   It seems to me that DJI are trying to dodge the issue yet again!

You get a number of manuals with the Mavic fly more combo, but, they are so small I can hardly read them
I did got to DJI site & download the manual, all 64 pages of it, Other than some translation issues, manual is a good read
2017-7-19
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

fans987d278a Posted at 2017-7-19 08:47
You get a number of manuals with the Mavic fly more combo, but, they are so small I can hardly read them
I did got to DJI site & download the manual, all 64 pages of it, Other than some translation issues, manual is a good read

It's a necessary read, but it doesn't cover the app and its settings. So many questions and much confusion could be avoided by providing documentation detailing what each setting does and its intended use.
2017-7-19
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-7-19 08:50
It's a necessary read, but it doesn't cover the app and its settings. So many questions and much confusion could be avoided by providing documentation detailing what each setting does and its intended use.

While I agree with you, DJI would have to constantly devote staffing to revise and update the manual to reflect all the changes and "improvements" that each revision of the software introduced or revised.

While DJI could certainly afford to hire those people, the question remains as to the core competencies if they were hired.  It would have to be people who are both technical enough to understand what they are writing about & explaining AND write it for customers who are neither engineers nor pilots - and that's the real challenge.

As someone who is an engineer and was a technical instructor and document creator - it is a pretty specialized skill that I find severely lacking in today's tech products.  YMMV
2017-7-19
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-7-19 09:33
While I agree with you, DJI would have to constantly devote staffing to revise and update the manual to reflect all the changes and "improvements" that each revision of the software introduced or revised.

While DJI could certainly afford to hire those people, the question remains as to the core competencies if they were hired.  It would have to be people who are both technical enough to understand what they are writing about & explaining AND write it for customers who are neither engineers nor pilots - and that's the real challenge.

No doubt why they don't currently do so, they seem to have made the calculation that it's cheaper to leave their customers in confusion and to load up their support channels with questions that could easily be cleared up by documentation.

Seems shortsighted to me.

Maybe DJI should set up a wiki to which customers could contribute. Digging through forum messages and tracking down videos that are up-to-date is tough.

2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

sagecelt Posted at 2017-7-19 08:06

Thank you for the feedback and this requirement was sent to our engineer. Will try our best to help users.
Should have other further question, please feel free to contact us.
2017-7-19
Use props
ars.fabula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706234 ft
Switzerland

For what it's worth, the French community has created their manual of DJI GO

It's available here (but login is required)
http://www.djiphantom-forum.com/ ... complet-en-francais

On my side I've created the attached view of DJI GO 4 menus... just to rememeber were is what

DJI Go Menu 2017-04-12 .pdf

115 KB, Down times: 182

DJI Go 4's menu structure

2017-7-20
Use props
sagecelt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

ars.fabula Posted at 2017-7-20 02:50

error dji.jpg
I can't download your pdf.  I get the above error.
Thanks for the french link - downloaded ok but yet to examine it in detail.
2017-7-21
Use props
RobDownUnder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103609 ft
Australia

Downloaded OK. Thanks.
I have wondered if the Android features differed from IOS having seen some IOS based videos.
2017-7-21
Use props
ars.fabula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706234 ft
Switzerland

Here's the PDF file as a pic. Let me know if it's readable
I've donne the same for the Goggles
DJI GO4 Menus.jpg DJI Goggles Menus.png
2017-7-21
Use props
Geomic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 319203 ft
Australia

ars.fabula Posted at 2017-7-21 01:38
[view_image][view_image]

Yeah, I had the same problem when downloading the PDF file. But, I've downloaded it a a picture (Jpeg) and it is reasonably readable!
2017-7-21
Use props
Geomic
lvl.1
Australia

[view_image][view_image]

And it prints out well, a bit small but in A3 would be very useful.
2017-7-21
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Awesome job, thanks for sharing!

Am also glad to see a wiki, though sad to say even though I've been a yeh-yeh and chanson fan for ages, still have to rely on Google Translate. ;)

2017-7-21
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

Thanks indeed friend!
2017-7-21
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Another "where's the Go 4 manual" thread resurfaced and reminded me of this useful, if a little outdated article: DJI Go App: A Step-by-Step Guide Through Every Menu & Button (Video & Written Tutorial)

2017-7-21
Use props
sagecelt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

[view_image][view_image]

Many thanks for that - downloaded and about to print!
2017-7-22
Use props
Geomic
lvl.1
Australia

The information I got from this subject was great, and I thought I'd contribute to the tread for other  Beginners by posting a couple of Quick reference sheets I've produced .
I've done this mainly because I have difficulty in remembering the detailed Controller, Go App and adjustment details.
I hope it, other beginners and users can get some advantage.

Flying Info Sheet

Flying  Info Sheet

Active Flight info sheet

Active Flight info sheet
2017-7-22
Use props
Turn11.Larry
lvl.2
United States

Open comments to DJI re. Mavic
2017-12-17
Use props
TheOtherVixen
lvl.1

So there is a manual now but I'd like a downloadable/printable form, and that ISN'T available... come on DJI, it's not rocket science
2018-5-3
Use props
Trisch
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-19 04:08
We are sorry for the inconvenience. The requirement of  DJI GO/ DJI GO 4 app users manual had sent to our engineer, we wish to have a better way to help users to understand our products and application easily.Actually, we had some introduction about the app on drone's users' manual. And users can watch some tutorials about the app in Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8-vxWY64sBNmdY6CL-VO0cPg7IWcUDf3

Newbie here.  Maybe you can help me figure out why when using the DJIGo4 app on the BT-300 glasses the BT-300 controller gets VERY hot.  I need help.  Would like to fly more than 10 minutes.
2018-5-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Trisch Posted at 2018-5-3 11:36
Newbie here.  Maybe you can help me figure out why when using the DJIGo4 app on the BT-300 glasses the BT-300 controller gets VERY hot.  I need help.  Would like to fly more than 10 minutes.

I am sorry, sir, we suggest using the DJI Goggles for flying our drones. For the third party accessories, we suggest contacting the corresponding product support. Thank you for understanding.
2018-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules