Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4P Remote Controller Firmware Update Issues
6039 2 2017-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fiveform 2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 136230 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yesterday I decided to finally upgrade my P4P to the latest firmware, v01.04.0602.  I used the most recent version of DJI Assistant 2. The P4P updated easily, however in connecting the RC, my only option was to "Restore Factory Defaults."  Again, the Assistant 2 saw the RC, but no options for update. When I turn on the aircraft and RC they are bound and DJI GO4 connects with a video transmission that is unstable. This is understandable because the RC version is not compatible. Since I need to fly in a few days for a job, I need to get the RC firmware updated very soon.  Is there a file I can download to force an update?  Apologies if this is a duplicate thread and direct me to another, if answers are there.  Thanks!
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You can upgrade Phantom 4 Pro controller via DJI GO 4 app. Please connect your mobile device and the RC, don't power on the drone, you will get the firmware upgrading notification then follow the reminder if the RC needs to upgrade. It's the same way to upgrade Phantom 4 controller, here is the tutorial for your reference (start with 3:18):
2017-7-19
Use props
Fiveform 2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 136230 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks DJI Thor. What isn't mentioned in this tutorial is that you  can manually find the update package by going to the home screen in the GO4 app and long pressing on the menu icon in the upper right to get options to downgrade or upgrade. This was simple once I found it, thanks to Airspace on YouTube. I have had issues all along with DJI products in upgrading. At other times, even though I did successful upgrades through DJI Assistant 2, then I powered on after that and connected RC to drone I was told that an update was available. Seems like each FW upgrade has issues and coders are supplying it in half-baked form. Almost always, the publicly supplied information is inadequate and doesn't address the real-world problems.  Same seems to be true for support. They are reading from online knowledge bases, same as customers and do not seem to have a deeper level of knowledge or problem solving ability.  As a former IT support person and current Information Protection engineer I see these product, update and support issues all too clearly. So long as the money is coming in, the effort to support is marginal....
2017-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules