P3S various Fw tests still having range issues .
1387 25 2017-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5384334 ft
United Kingdom

Hu guys
Totally new to the drone / flying word  and experience , i must say that i love it but  i guess the best is to come .

I purchased a ''Phantom 3 STD'' used , it was actually my brother's  who got it brand new ( from Wal Mart) and upgraded to the P4  .  
I waited a while before i can start use it and of course i ended up having the Firmware update pop up before my first flight .
The aircraft fw was updated to 1.9.20 and since then , unable to fly like my brother used to , i never passed the 40/50meters distance or even 30meters of altitude .
i am keeping on lossing the remote signal and the aircraft is automatically going to RTH mode .

beside all this where i spent encoutless hours of testings ( fw downgrade , change spots locations , best antenna positioning , interference area avoidance ,..... ) it sill did not change much .

But din t get me wrong , i am super excited with this toy and will share some of my footage ( all In RTH mode , that s the only time i can really enjoy the recording ) .

2017-7-19
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
United Kingdom

A few goodies :

2017-7-19
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
United Kingdom

2017-7-19
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
France

I need your advice , ( Special Thanks to Papa Tita )  i just ran the magic power 3.5 ( Mac) , it went all fine , but when i went out tested the aircraft  , i still have about 20/30meters MAXIMUM distance , there must be some thing wrong with my hardware
I downgraded to the lowest Fw i could but that did not make a difference i went from 1.9.20 ( when ALL my range trouble started) downgraded to 1.08.0100 , no changes , down to 1.7.90 now 1.3.50+  but no differences at all , i am going to get an antenna amplifier  to test it out .
what firmware do you recommend me to run ? i am tempted to go back to the latest one
App version : 3.1.13 , your advice would be much appreciated .
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry for the inconvenience. Just to verify, had you logged in your app? You need to log in the DJI GO app with your DJI account or the drone will have a limitation of 30 meters' height and 50meters' distance.
If you had, please try to restart the drone or re-launch the app before your flight.
2017-7-19
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-19 22:49
Sorry for the inconvenience. Just to verify, had you logged in your app? You need to log in the DJI GO app with your DJI account or the drone will have a limitation of 30 meters' height and 50meters' distance.
If you had, please try to restart the drone or re-launch the app before your flight.

Thank you for your feedback  Dji Thor
yes i ALWAYS fly logged on with thru the App  ( i even have all flights logs , points and all updating after each flight ) .
yes i tried ( several times over the past weeks to restart the App, uninstall , reinstall , reset  the AC settings , recalibrated every thing including IMU ( which was not required ) , Re Lynced the controller ......

yesterday i tried Litchi  ( just for testing the recorder capabilities )

2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

I would love to explain the logic of the limitation first: if the login info could not be written successfully to the drone, the drone will be limited.
So it is considered that is probable to your situation. Our engineers were aware of this issue and working on it. The coming version of the app will get this fixed. Please wait patiently.
Before this, we suggest that you try to relaunch the app and the drone to see if it will work. Appreciate your kindly understanding.
2017-7-20
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Not clear that he logged into DJI thru the app as opposed to logged into the app. Semantics.
2017-7-20
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

It looks like the Controller battery is going to 0% when the RTH kicks in.  Something wrong there.   I wonder if you can fly the Standard with an auxiliary power supply plugged in just to see what will happen.  Maybe the connector is loose in the RC, or maybe the battery is worn out.  But I see that every time the battery goes to zero, the RTH kicks in.  It thinks it lost signal and is coming home.  Just a guess.
2017-7-20
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-20 04:53
I would love to explain the logic of the limitation first: if the login info could not be written successfully to the drone, the drone will be limited.
So it is considered that is probable to your situation. Our engineers were aware of this issue and working on it. The coming version of the app will get this fixed. Please wait patiently.
Before this, we suggest that you try to relaunch the app and the drone to see if it will work. Appreciate your kindly understanding.

What version of Go App will come ?  ...for what OS ? I have the 3.1.18 on android without any issue like that.
Xian onemanshow,
the battery of the RC shows in Litschi 0% as Jordan said.
2017-7-20
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
United States

Did your brother take the controller apart for any reason?  I'd be taken a closer look at that batter int he controller myself.  Has anyone ever tried to connect a charge unit to the controller while it is in use?  If not, I may try that when I get home to night.    I'm assuming that indication is for the RC battery.  Maybe not. But I still think that battery issue is the problem.
2017-7-20
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

djordan2 Posted at 2017-7-20 06:43
Did your brother take the controller apart for any reason?  I'd be taken a closer look at that batter int he controller myself.  Has anyone ever tried to connect a charge unit to the controller while it is in use?  If not, I may try that when I get home to night.    I'm assuming that indication is for the RC battery.  Maybe not. But I still think that battery issue is the problem.

I agree. What's with the RC battery percentage? It is all over the place. Something wrong somewhere for sure. If it is in fact changing like that, it must have a loose connection inside the RC. Have you tried to uninstall the app and re-install to make sure it is not that?
2017-7-20
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-7-20 07:00
I agree. What's with the RC battery percentage? It is all over the place. Something wrong somewhere for sure. If it is in fact changing like that, it must have a loose connection inside the RC. Have you tried to uninstall the app and re-install to make sure it is not that?

The display you are looking at is showing 90 odd % battery for the RC, you are looking at the RC transmission power, not battery percentage. Look to the top left quarter of the screen and you will see the RC battery meter, and that is showing OK and within tolerances. I would be more inclined to say it is an antenna connection issue. Has the RC been dropped? this could have loosened the connector form the mainboard or even stressed the connection within the antenna itself.BTW, try and keep your P3S under 120m in altitude or better still go into settings and make the altitude restriction to 120m. There is always so knobhead who will at the drop of a hat try to get you grounded.
2017-7-20
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
United Kingdom

thanks for your feedback  jordan 2
The video was my first usage of ‘’LITCHI ‘ with a different interface .
The remote batt have no issues at all , havent charge it up for the past 4 or 5 days , and i do 2 flights a day ( run the AC until 10 % ) then land .
The RC have never been opened up before ,  the  ZERO showed on the screen is the  link between the AC and the Controller .
2017-7-20
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Let me add some pics :
[img]https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5Burl=https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=4926562.jpg%5D[/url][/img]

[img]https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5Burl=https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=3843371.jpg%5D[/url][/img]
2017-7-20
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Showing it to you on the Go App ( not connected ) , this is where it drops , not the RC Battery , but the connection between the AirCraft and the Remote Controller .
Screenshot from the GO APP , i will fly the AC later and will post pics  from GO App .

[img]https://forum33.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5BURL=https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=222272IMG8914.png%5D[/URL][/img]
2017-7-20
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
United States

Well, you are probably correct.  But the thing is, what ever that ikon is indicating, when it goes to Zero, you get an RTH.  Try to figure out why it goes to Zero. May be the antenna is loose or broken.  Try an experiment.  take of and stay within 20 or so meters.  then start wiggling the antenna around a bit to see if it has any affect on the signal.  The fact that it is jumping all over the place tells me that something is loose somewhere.  That's all I can come up with.

You can easily take the Controller apart to check the antenna connection.  Not a hard job at all.
2017-7-20
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
France

Djordan2

On the below screenshot ( from DJI Go App) not Litchi , you can clearly see that my issue is the RC signal , not the battery from the remote ,

On the ground and within 320 to 350feet i have signal , then  beyond that point , it disconnect and initiate RTH .

[img]https://forum33.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5Burl=https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=829149IMG8922.png%5D[/url][/img]
[img]https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5Burl=https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=166952IMG8921.png%5D[/url][/img]

[img]https://forum22.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5Burl=https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=874493IMG8923.png%5D[/url][/img]
2017-7-20
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
United States

You're right, my mistake.  But I still think you have an antenna problem.  Just guessing of course.  What ever it is, be sure to let us know when you figure it out.  I'm curious as Heck over this.
2017-7-20
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
France

By The way , i am still running my downgrade firmware for now , i will switch back to 1.9.20 later , these old firmware let me fly a bit  further away .

DJi Go APP   :    Version 3. 1 .13
Current Aircraft version :  1.3.50 +

I also tried 1.7.90 and  1.6.80 ... same issues .

Permanent notification until it's up to date.

Below the actual downgrade  firmware i am running Now ( just for testing)  1.3.50+

Before , i also tried  1.7.90  

2017-7-20
Use props
Chris Edwards
New
Flight distance : 91696 ft
United States

Xian Onemanshow Posted at 2017-7-20 13:49
By The way , i am still running my downgrade firmware for now , i will switch back to 1.9.20 later , these old firmware let me fly a bit  further away .

DJi Go APP   :     Version 3. 1 .13

at least you got video, mine looked like a snowy analog channel so it was line of site only, and it was only 1 day old, and returned it was. awaiting a replacement and see what that does, also my P3s would only connect to android devices , no apple anything , tried many, goes it was a snob, but problems got worse with fw updates, i don't know how to downgrade. so i will have to learn that one.
2017-7-20
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
France

Chris Edwards Posted at 2017-7-20 15:45
at least you got video, mine looked like a snowy analog channel so it was line of site only, and it was only 1 day old, and returned it was. awaiting a replacement and see what that does, also my P3s would only connect to android devices , no apple anything , tried many, goes it was a snob, but problems got worse with fw updates, i don't know how to downgrade. so i will have to learn that one.

Sorry about that , i just took my Aircraft apart to inspect  / check the antennas connections for any loose plugs ... everything is normal , i can post pics tomorrow if you are interested or create another topic about the P3S internals , i will keep you guys posted .
Thanks
2017-7-20
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
France

djordan2 Posted at 2017-7-20 13:21
You're right, my mistake.  But I still think you have an antenna problem.  Just guessing of course.  What ever it is, be sure to let us know when you figure it out.  I'm curious as Heck over this.

No worries   Djordan2 , i will let you know , i took the Air craft apart to check .
2017-7-20
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

MerlinL14 Posted at 2017-7-20 07:35
The display you are looking at is showing 90 odd % battery for the RC, you are looking at the RC transmission power, not battery percentage. Look to the top left quarter of the screen and you will see the RC battery meter, and that is showing OK and within tolerances. I would be more inclined to say it is an antenna connection issue. Has the RC been dropped? this could have loosened the connector form the mainboard or even stressed the connection within the antenna itself.BTW, try and keep your P3S under 120m in altitude or better still go into settings and make the altitude restriction to 120m. There is always so knobhead who will at the drop of a hat try to get you grounded.

Ah yes! Good catch. I do see that now. To hasty on my question.
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Peterx Posted at 2017-7-20 06:30
What version of Go App will come ?  ...for what OS ? I have the 3.1.18 on android without any issue like that.
Xian onemanshow,
the battery of the RC shows in Litschi 0% as Jordan said.

Actually, some of the users might have range limitation issue even if he had logged in but others did not experience this. Our engineers are working on it. Please take notice when the new version comes.
2017-7-20
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-20 18:22
Actually, some of the users might have range limitation issue even if he had logged in but others did not experience this. Our engineers are working on it. Please take notice when the new version comes.

Fantastic !!
2017-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules