What are the optimal settings for indoor?
1438 9 2017-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparrow
lvl.1
Flight distance : 238990 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi there!

I am trying to get the optimal video settings for indoor. But can't figure it out. Could any one be of help?

What happens right now, with a pan shot the video is shocking. How can I get this smoothed out?

2017-7-19
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Actually you did a good job with the lighting. You need to slow dow down the pan shot or use TRIPOD MODE. Keep trying!
2017-7-19
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

I also would suggest to use Tripod Mode and maybe higher framerate...
2017-7-19
Use props
Zorrr2
lvl.3
United States

I was flying in a large warehouse last week and found this . . first . . I had no satellites at all so it was using its ground sensing ability very well !! After lifting off . . give it a moment to settle . . then changed it over to TRIPOD MODE . . this will make your craft fly very slow in reactions and smooooth . . for very good video. Had great success doing this and captured some very good video.
2017-7-19
Use props
Sparrow
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

@all, I did shoot all video in tripod mode. Inside it helps a lot, but doesn't help with the shocking video unfortunately. I uploaded the whole video and can be viewed below. Especially at 27 sec it is very obvious. Will a higher frame rate help? And which shutterspeed? And then in the video editing program, which frame rate do you use on your timeline?

Here is the whole video

2017-7-19
Use props
Sparrow
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

Or am I now pushing the limits and expect something which can't been done?
2017-7-19
Use props
GSI_IRE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121460 ft
Ireland

Sparrow Posted at 2017-7-19 21:24

I am not expert, my I think maybe the Mavic is not the best tool for what you are trying to achieve?

If this is something your need to do regularly maybe invest in something like the Osmo?
2017-7-20
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Sparrow Posted at 2017-7-19 21:24

Not sure you are pushing the limits... how about stick-control... when you give max. stick commands, Mavic will respond fast, get a feeling for the stick movement.

Try to lower sensivity for Yaw-movement...
2017-7-20
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Sparrow Posted at 2017-7-19 21:05
@all, I did shoot all video in tripod mode. Inside it helps a lot, but doesn't help with the shocking video unfortunately. I uploaded the whole video and can be viewed below. Especially at 27 sec it is very obvious. Will a higher frame rate help? And which shutterspeed? And then in the video editing program, which frame rate do you use on your timeline?

Here is the whole video

I think if you want to pan that quickly you need higher frame rates to keep it smooth. Unfortunately, there's some quality loss with the 60/96fps 1080p modes, but it might be good enough for your purposes.

Also, the cinematic-feel people claim the shutter speed should be a multiple of your frame rate, which might be problematic to attain indoors, but fwiw.
2017-7-20
Use props
Sparrow
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sorry for my late response.

@GSI_IRE, partly you are absolutely right. But with a drone it is possible to make footage while you have no limitations concerning obstacles in a room. Plus this is a good way to practice drone flying within a building so in the future it will be easier to shoot in large areas for example big hallways. The panning problem then still could be present though.

@Mari, I will turn up the expo a bit for yaw. But flying along the two meeting rooms there is no yaw movement at all. There is another problem present. In the flight path there is this green bench. Flying slower will cause the ground sensor picking up the bench forcing the mavic going up. Flying closer to the meeting rooms will cause that just half of the room is visible. Is there a way to adjust the ground measurement so that it reacts slower or that it will be allow a lower altitude?

@Ex Machina, have not been able to try that but will hopefully do so in the next few days.
2017-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules