Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
M-timelapse Interrupted by Phone Settings?
3673 5 2017-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeffbake
lvl.4
United States

When using M-timelapse mode for longer durations (over 30 minutes) with the DJI GO app on iOS, the recording will often stop even though the Osmo Mobile Gimbal continues it's movement cycle. The iPhone battery and storage or fine. The only giveaway that this has occurred is that the display (which normally goes black during recording) will prematurely reappear.
So I could do some testing, but I'm wondering if anyone already knows:
Will an incoming call will interrupt the recording?
How about phone push notifications?
Should the Phone be placed in Airplane mode, and then just have the Bluetooth turned back on for maximum reliability?

It could be that the DJI app disables all this during recording, but I can't find any information on this. I also have an Apple Watch which uses Bluetooth, and I wonder if that can interfere.

2017-7-19
Use props
Capitola
Canada

When I posted the following, nobody replied:

I recently purchased an Osmo Mobile and have been playing with it.  I setup a 30 minutes motion timelapse on my fully charged Osmo Mobile but on a phone with only about 25% battery.  When my phone reached 20%, it poped up  a "low battery" warning.  This warning disrupted the filming causing my video to stop recording prematurely.  Is this normal?  I think I can turn off the warning if I play with my phone setting but what if my phone receives a call or message.  Do you have the same problem and how do you avoid it?  Thanks in advance!

I guess only you and I have this problem here!
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Capitola Posted at 2017-7-19 14:44
When I posted the following, nobody replied:

Sorry for the late response, Capitola. The battery warning and an incoming call will interrupt the recording, but the message or news notification will not affect. Apologize for the inconvenience.
2017-7-19
Use props
Calidris
New
Canada

This happens with other time lapse apps, too, on the iPhone. They usually suggest activating airplane mode to prevent incoming messages from interrupting the time lapse. But, I guess you still need Bluetooth on to remain connected with the Osmo Mobile. Maybe shutting off cell reception will be enough to solve the problem.
I have seen in time lapse apps a setting to ignore the low battery warning.
2017-7-22
Use props
Calidris
New
Canada

Further.
For a long time lapse recording, like 6 hours, I plug in a battery backup supply to prevent the low battery problem. On the Osmo Mobile we really need a special Lightning extension cable with a 90° Lightning plug to squeeze in between the tilt motor and iPhone. Or make it possible to flip the phone around so the Lightning port is on the outboard end.
2017-7-22
Use props
SKYTHIB
New
Flight distance : 684685 ft
Australia

its will be more logical than dji find a solution to let the Osmo working alone and autonomous during the timelapse
2017-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules