Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
2.4 GHz nearly useless after last firmware update
786 5 2017-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dan M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15058491 ft
  • >>>
United States

Inspire 2, fully updated. Normal operations at 5.8 GHz, but the range on 2.4 has dropped to essentially nothing (it's a few hundred feet) since the system now consistently reports strong wireless interference.

In known low RF areas (nothing around for a mile or so), including areas where I could easily fly out 2500', I'm now completely gimped. It went from being a reasonably long range platform, to close to useless for what I do.

Tested with two radios (same result), and made sure the app device (tested the CS 5.5 and an iPad) had wifi off. Cell phones were left in the car, or placed in airplane mode.

Any ideas?

2017-7-19
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 391293 ft
United Kingdom

could anyone comment how's the 2.4ghz interference and distant before update?

I have my I2 updated immediately once I received, would like to know how the thing was
2017-7-19
Use props
Dan M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15058491 ft
  • >>>
United States

Before the update, the strong interference message was rare for me. I haven't taken this one more than a mile out, but it used to be nearly perfect on 2.4 at that distance.
2017-7-19
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 391293 ft
United Kingdom

will see if DJI could get back to this issue
2017-7-20
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765909 ft
United States

I haven't flown my inspire 2 much lately, but can tell you that I have noticed recently with the latest firmware that there is significant degradation overall in the signal and my appetite to fly further is less due to lack of confidence in the platform.
2017-7-20
Use props
WellFlightz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181358 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

NJ Flying Slow  Posted at 2017-7-20 10:42
I haven't flown my inspire 2 much lately, but can tell you that I have noticed recently with the latest firmware that there is significant degradation overall in the signal and my appetite to fly further is less due to lack of confidence in the platform.

Hi, folks! Can you gentlemen mention the FIRMWARE VERSION (Number) where this issue is happening?!
2017-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules