Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3P back from warranty repair, weird sound: video included
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
theTastyCat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1447234 ft
United States

Hey all - just got my P3P back from warranty repair for a cracked shell, and it makes a funny sound when I move it around.  Seems to be coming from the gimbal board area.  Here's a brief video:

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=E2QnVorQan0

It sounds a bit like a piece of metal is loose and is moving around - really not sure how else to put it.

I re-paired it with the RC and didn't get any warnings, so I did a 5-minute test flight, which seemed to go just fine.  Only thing that happened is as I was climbing way from the house I got a "motor overloaded" warning, which I don't think I've ever gotten before.  The bird I usually use is still on 1.7.6, and this bird, which I only got recently and have mostly done low-and-slow video work with, is on the latest firmware - perhaps newer firmware has been tweaked to be a bit more sensitive?  I was climbing and moving forward, both at full throttle when it happened; I've done this hundreds of times with the 1.7.6 bird and never gotten a warning.

Many thanks, DJI - will be grateful to hear what you think about the noise.  These are absolutely amazing machines and even though I've had to send them back three times due to cracks, I still can't say enough about them.  Thank you all for all the continued R&D you do to create these things and can't wait to see what you all come up with in the future.
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

It's a catalog page when I click the link you sent. Please double check the video, we will help to look into the issue.
Motor overloaded usually appeared when you full throttle for a long time or windy day. Please check if the error persists in normal operation.
Thank you for your support to our product, we will keep moving to provide more products with good quality and more professional customer service.
2017-7-19
Use props
theTastyCat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1447234 ft
United States

Wellll I'm an idiot - A. because I didn't give the correct YouTube link - here's the right one:

And b. I've just now been able to identify the sound - the stock camera filter wasn't screwed on quite all the way, and the lens itself is loose and was falling against the camera lens, then its housing, and back and forth.  Tightened it up and all is good.  The fact that the glass lens doesn't stay in the housing is really fine since I use PolarPro filters most of the time anyway.

I'll see if I keep getting "motor overloaded" - is there any merit to later firmwares being a little more sensitive to that?  Just wondering since I very seldom see them in my other bird that's on 1.7.6.

Thanks again!!
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thank you for your feedback. It's good to hear that your drone has been in normal.
We always recommend that users upgrade the latest firmware because it's the optimization to the previous one, but that depends on you. If your drone's now performing fine and you don't want to upgrade it, that's alright.
Release notes will introduce what's new after upgrading. And you can learn more in our website:https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... l+Release+Notes.pdf
Thank you again, should you have further questions, please feel free to contact us.
2017-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules