Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FC200 MAC Address, NEW Camera, Where is it located?
12668 13 2015-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Astroboy66
New

Australia

Hi All,

I am exhausted trying to deal with this issue and am hoping someone can assist with a solution.
I purchased a NEW FC200 Camera for my Phantom 2 Vision to replace a previous one and for the life of me I can not get it to bind to
the range extender.
The QR Code reader in the settings of the Vision APP won't enable so I guess I have to install the MAC address manually
but I don't know where to locate the MAC address for the new camera. There doesn't appear to be any numbers on the box that represents a
MAC address or labelled as such.

I contacted DJI Support and they told me to read page 22 - 23 of the manual which I have done countless time to no avail.

I thought that when the camera is turned on in WiFi mode it would transmit an SSID that I could find through normal
WiFi scanning methods and obtain a MAC address that way but that wasn't the case.

I would be grateful for any help.
2015-3-21
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

I swapped cameras one time and I had to use the last 6 numbers/letters on the QR code on the bottom of the Phantom.
2015-3-21
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-22 13:17
I swapped cameras one time and I had to use the last 6 numbers/letters on the QR code on the bottom  ...

that would make sense as the wifi module is in the body and not the camera. The MAC is associated with the wifi transmitter.
2015-3-22
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

Astroboy,

Download Free Android app ScanLife or similar QR reader app if IOS....

Use the App to scan your QR code that was on the box of the FC200 Camera....

You should see a series of numbers (1-5) that show manufacturer, model, serial #, SSID, & lastly MAC address.

You just need to capture the last 6 digits of the MAC address and input it manually into the Vision App (in the Settings area under Binding ) and hit the checkmark at the top right of the Vision App after input.....be patient and wait until your Wifi extender turns off and on (by itself)...camera should now be bound to your wifi extender.

I had same problems and thought it was a defective RE500 so I ordered a new RE700....once I figured out how to get the camera MAC address and input the address  manually, both extenders now work fine with my FC200....DJI wanted me to return the bird for service.  A little customer service that could provide a service bulletin would go a long way to save everyone a lot of heartache and frustration with small problems like this.

Rick

2015-3-22
Use props
Astroboy66
New

Australia

steadystickrick Posted at 2015-3-22 22:28
Astroboy,

Download Free Android app ScanLife or similar QR reader app if IOS....

Hi Rick,
Thanks for your reply. Actually after I posted this I did some more online research and came across this ScanLife in another forum and I agree with you totally. A lot of heartache could be avoided as this seems to be a common occurrence.
After purchasing the new camera I would have to say I spent two days trying to bind it. I got to the point that I thought the main board was stuffed as I read somewhere the voltage values of the 4 pin plug and might had no voltage on one of the rings and replaced it with a new one. I then thought the new camera was stuffed as I couldn't find a tranmitting SSID for it and was on the verge of trying to send it back and get a refund. It took days to get a reply from DJI support who told me to look on page 22 - 23 in the manual. All I wanted was a MAC address. Would it be so hard to print it on the BOX??? Anyway thanks again for taking the time to reply and "onward and upward" regards Steve
2015-3-22
Use props
Astroboy66
New

Australia

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2015-3-22 22:27
that would make sense as the wifi module is in the body and not the camera. The MAC is associated  ...

Thanks for your reply, problem solved. Regards Steve
2015-3-22
Use props
Astroboy66
New

Australia

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2015-3-22 22:27
that would make sense as the wifi module is in the body and not the camera. The MAC is associated  ...

Thanks for your reply. Problem solved. Regards Steve
2015-3-22
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Astroboy66 Posted at 2015-3-23 03:21
Thanks for your reply, problem solved. Regards Steve

Did the numbers match the QR code on the bottom of the Phantom?
2015-3-22
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

Astroboy66 Posted at 2015-3-23 03:19
Hi Rick,
Thanks for your reply. Actually after I posted this I did some more online research and  ...

Great to hear things worked out Steve.

Yeah, I kept gettimg a message about the "APP denying access to my camera" and the scan function wasn't working on the app too!.

I figured that DJI would rip me at least $150 if I sent it back to them....and most problems are either some form of mis-calibration or a variant of software/firmware problems that either can happen by DJI releasing code that is in error or something goes wrong in the process during upgrading the bird that code gets corrupted.

Most recommend to delete all remnants of software and reboot....but I figured for the money DJI would hit me and probably a long time waiting until it got returned....I'd be better off investing in a RE700 for less money.....

The ScanLife App  helped me through my heartache and now both the RE500 and the RE700 work fine.....at least I have a backup in the RE500..ha!
So thanks to wiser folks than me on this site and others....I used ScanLife and got my MAC address then binded everything just fine....can't figure why DJI didn't offer that type of advice b4 asking to return the bird for service...

Fly safe,
Rick
2015-3-22
Use props
Astroboy66
New

Australia

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-23 03:26
Did the numbers match the QR code on the bottom of the Phantom?

Hi Gerry, the codes on the bottom of the Phantom were more than likely for the previous camera when purchased as one unit. The very small QR code on the bottom of the camera didn't have any numbers that represented a MAC Address. I downloaded ScanLife app and scanned the QR code on the camera box and it worked like magic. Still had a bit of trouble with binding though but I managed to work through that and all is well. Thanks again for the support, my wife had no idea ;-!
2015-3-22
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Astroboy66 Posted at 2015-3-23 14:55
Hi Gerry, the codes on the bottom of the Phantom were more than likely for the previous camera whe ...

Like I had previously stated, I swapped out cameras and just used the QR code on the bottom of my vision plus Phantom.  
2015-3-23
Use props
MarkK This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-19
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

MarkK Posted at 2015-6-20 03:04
The address you use to bind ur wireless  range extender to the phantom
can be found on top of the wi ...

Also aimed at kirk2579

The WIFI for the standard Vision is NOT inside the body of the quad, it is inside the camera.

The Vision PLUS has the WIFI box inside the quad which is the metal box next to the Naza unit

Please check which camera and quad is being asked about before posting advice other wise you will just cause confusion for people who read the thread
2015-6-19
Use props
drbuning
New

United States

I also purchased a FC200 camera to replace a malfunctioning one on ebay. The camera arrived in a plain box without CR codes. I spent a day and a half trying to determine the MAC address of the replacement camera. What finally worked for me was using an Android WiFi Analyzer by Martin Hlousek. I powered up the the quad with the replacement camera attached and the WiFi Analyzer found it and listed it's MAC Address. With this information I manually entered this MAC Address in the wifi extender's binding process and power cycled everything.   This worked!!! I hope this will help anyone that is losing hair over this operation.
2015-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules