Mavic stuck in Beginner Mode
3195 11 2017-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans03ba09a1
New
United States

I have had a mavic pro for about 6 months.  Last month, got the Gimball motor overload error.  Was unable to recalibrate.  Sent in to DJI and they fixed the problem (sent me another refurbished mavic pro).  different SN.  Anyway, the camera and gimball work perfectly now.  DJI was very quick with the turn around and I appreciate that.  

My problem now is, the drone will not go above 100 ft.  The distance it will travel is limited to about 500 feet.  It is as if the drone is in Beginner Mode.  I have cycled the swith.  It is definately off.  I have updated the firmware.  Does anyone have a clue how to over ride this?  Do I need to send it in to DJI again?  Look forward to an easy fix.  Thanks.

Mark
2017-7-19
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Sure you are logged in on the app? Since the last update you need to login once else you are restricted!
2017-7-19
Use props
rywe
New
Germany

I get that overload error a lot. Do I need to send them my Mavic too?
2017-7-20
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Are you over 18???
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Make sure you signed in the APP,  if it is still the same, please try to re-install the APP, then sign in again.
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

rywe Posted at 2017-7-20 00:49
I get that overload error a lot. Do I need to send them my Mavic too?

Have you removed the gimbal clamp? Did anything happen before, like hard landing or crash?
2017-7-20
Use props
fans03ba09a1
New
United States

Mari Posted at 2017-7-19 21:14
Sure you are logged in on the app? Since the last update you need to login once else you are restricted!

Well, That will be an easy fix.  I was signed in.  I logged out and re-signed in.  Will try in the morning.  And I am over 18.  Thank you and hope it works.

Mark
2017-7-20
Use props
Mikat
New
Australia

Mari Posted at 2017-7-19 21:14

How do you log into the App?
2017-7-24
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Netherlands

... the first time you use the app you have to fill in your e-mail  and password... every time you open the app, you will be logged in. Go and explore all options of the app...
2017-7-25
Use props
Digo Lino
lvl.1
Brazil

Olá, mesmo que eu desative o modo iniciante, o mavic pro não me deixa passar 30 metros de altura e a distância. o que eu faço?
2017-8-3
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Netherlands

Make sure you are signed in on the app

Certifique-se que você está conectado no aplicativo (google translate)
2017-8-3
Use props
Digo Lino
lvl.1
Brazil

Yes, it establishes connection with the drone and control. Disable the startup mode and the screen shows that it has been disabled but when it reaches the height of 30 meters it says that it was the maximum height, I check again and it shows that it is disabled.
2017-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules